It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Panel Votes in Favor of Restrictions on Executive Pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

House Panel Votes in Favor of Restrictions on Executive Pay

www.huffingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON — A House panel voted Thursday to prohibit financial firms from offering corporate pay packages that encourage executives to take big risks, going further than what President Barack Obama wanted to curb excessive salaries and bonuses on Wall Street.

Lawmakers, including Republicans who opposed the proposal because they said it went too far, said they were under tremendous pressure from constituents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is a full assault on Liberty and Freedom.

There's NO WAY the Government should be controlling executive pay for a Private company.

Take big risks? America is all about taking big risks. This is truly sad and this is Barney Frank again thinking he can control the economy.

I was a Mortgage Broker/Real Estate Investor and I saw first hand the disaster of easing underwriting standards to give people home loans can do. This is because Government sticks there noses into places they don't belong.

People are for this because Politicians scream the Corporations are stealing from you but these Politicians are the crooks.

This is why it didn't surprise me when a behavioural study came out that said Politicians share behavioural traits with Serial Killers.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So at what level did they cap their own pay? Oh, I forget, legislators arent executives.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

Take big risks? America is all about taking big risks. This is truly sad and this is Barney Frank again thinking he can control the economy.

www.huffingtonpost.com

America is then all about socializing debt while maintaining that any profits are private. If we had allowed the banks and credit institutions to fail, I would agree with you. But since we the people have to eat it when the risks go badly, why not allow for some form of damage control on our taxpayer dollars?

new topics

top topics

join