It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure: Why now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So I took a break from ATS for a couple of weeks.. during which time.. things continued to happen as they always do here. I see on one of my twitter updates yesterday that Russia has now disclosed their Navy's UFO files. This comes on the heels of so many other countries disclosing within the last two years... Russia is one of the most secretive governments in the world save for us here in the USA. So what would make them decide to open up those files when they refused to do so in the past?
Everyone knows the freedom of information acts mean very little to our respective governments... they hide what they do not want to disclose, and public pressure has been ongoing for the past 50 years... so why now? And why is the USA the only ones left dragging our feet?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well i personally think a global Cosmic Journey project is underway. Timothy Good alluded to that in one his books, Ailen Liason i think it was in which he described a planned programme of disclousre by the US Government that was subsequently cancelled. Maybe now world governments have been given a deadline, an ultimatium by the ETs themselves to start educating the masses to their prescence, and this is perhaps the start of it. Perhaps First Contact is not that far off !! Who knows? I guess this is as plausible an explanation as any other.
Something is definetely up though, I agree with that.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We (the people for disclosure on this topic) are hoping for something monumental, such as the cliche of aliens landing on the White House lawn, since we've known for fifty years that simply flying over the White House doesn't cut it.

I believe that when enough information leaks out for the general consensus of the to say, "Hey, it's aliens!", everyone will begin to look back and go over many of the things we talk about on here at ATS related to the ET phenom.

In the larger scheme of things, it will be easily recognizable that disclosure has been happening for quite a long time, although slowly. We're human. Can't help the itch for a satisfying resolution.

Instead of a waterfall of info, think of sap from the maple tree. Drip...drip.....drip, until the bucket's full.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

The sap has been flowing for the past few years. This change in flow is my reason for wondering why

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by Elepheagle

The sap has been flowing for the past few years. This change in flow is my reason for wondering why

Sure, I get what you're saying. Possibly the "flow" picking up is due to a rising interest in the subject. It's all on our shoulders. It's up to us to educate our family and friends, who in turn educate their family and friends, creating a ripple effect that cannot be ignored.

At the same time, is the increase something that is clearly defined, or simply something wrongly perceived? I don't think we can say until we're no longer 'in the thick of it'. It seems in ufology there is always ebb and flow, peaks, if you will. It will be interesting, I think, to compare 2010 to 2009...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
So I took a break from ATS for a couple of weeks.. during which time.. things continued to happen as they always do here. I see on one of my twitter updates yesterday that Russia has now disclosed their Navy's UFO files. This comes on the heels of so many other countries disclosing within the last two years... Russia is one of the most secretive governments in the world save for us here in the USA. So what would make them decide to open up those files when they refused to do so in the past?
Everyone knows the freedom of information acts mean very little to our respective governments... they hide what they do not want to disclose, and public pressure has been ongoing for the past 50 years... so why now? And why is the USA the only ones left dragging our feet?

I don't think anyone in the UFO community deserves to know about UFOs. Since no one believes in the 'truth' anyway, why should the government waste their time with disclosure. No one will believe in the 'truth' unless it says, "Yes, Aliens do visit Earth on a daily basis". If the government comes out and says, "No. We don't have any proof that supports UFOs are made by aliens", people will just continue to yell, "You're lying!". Even though the 'truth' is really the 'truth', no one will believe the 'truth' at the end of the day.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Your assuming everyone who has had close encounters are liars then?
Because you would have to, to make those sort of statements as if you know what the truth is, even though I am betting you are going on little more than personal opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
man ... PLZ, WATCH this

www.youtube.com...

then, tell me that you dont believe that aliens have been here since the begginning ...

I doubt that

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Disclosure: Why now?

ET is out of patience.

See my post here:

"The fees are overdue since 1947."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Our "leaders" are NOT in control of 'disclosure'.

ET is.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
unfort after Mr Obama's little beveridge incident, I fear the Disclosure process may take a step back....

Much faith has been lost in him over the last few months and this incident wouldn't help his popularity stakes @ the moment seeing as he is going to have to be the person to break it when it finaly comes.....

Let's hope TPTB can find somone else to do this soon.....

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Could mean something, could mean nothing.. I dont think there'll be disclosure anytime in the next 50 years though! Reason being how annoyed/enraged people would be that all that money has been spent on the whole SETI thing, when if we were already in touch with aliens then all that money would have been spent just to be a cover story.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's still discouraging to me at the rate it's dripping through. I'd much prefer a history museum tour already.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I don't understand your statement. Almost every country BUT the USA has disclosed their UFO files. Including accounts of chasing humanoid beings and nearly half the team that was in pursuit died. If that is not disclosure I dont know what is.. and its already happened. We are only waiting on the USA and the pressure is mounting.

50 years? they would look pretty stupid denying for 50 years something that everyone else has accepted as a part of our life here on earth.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I mean disclosure that they've actually been in touch with aliens. It wont be disclosure until they come out and say it, until then the majority of sightings can be explained away. And I think with the huge amount of fake ufo pictures/videos/sightings there are then there plenty of people, including me, who wont really believe it until the Government fully discloses whatever it is that they know.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Oh ya, I see what you mean. I doubt it will be 50 years though.
I have a feeling that it will not be in their hands to do much longer.

top topics

join