It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanized Gray Aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hello all,

I'm sure you've noticed the thousands of online adverts featuring cartoon drawings of human beings with oversized heads, large oval eyes and extremely small, receding jaws. It seems to be everywhere now, in adverts for Yahoo web services like Yahoo Answers and profiles, in adverts for chat rooms, social networking sites, etcetera. Just now my attention was caught by one in the upper right corner of an ATS page. I have reproduced it below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d835d9fad2cb.jpg[/atsimg]

Look closely at this. The diminutive jaws, the tiny chin, the sunken thin nose, the large oval eyes, the blank emotionless stare, the oversized head (although I have seen them worse than this). The body is blurred, yet the face is quite sharp and works to hold your attention on that area. Dress, cleavage, jewellry, hair, makeup etc is blatently designed to attract the interest of the younger generation, notably girls who are susceptible to advertised standards of female appearance. It is clear the viewer of the advert is meant to absorb an appealing / positive impression from this image. Afterall it is advertising!

That is ofcourse what the eyes see when looking at one of these images. What interests me, however, is what your subconcious sees, which can be something entirely different.

Firstly, recall that the mind remembers and identifies things by shapes and patterns that it groups together and files in the same categories. So, in unravelling this image it is important to ask, where else have you seen the facial features described above?

Your initial thought may be Japanese manga, which appears to be where these images developed from.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8de19ae16e4a.jpg[/atsimg]
japanese manga cartoon

I have a different thought, one that hit me quite suddenly when looking at these images. It is not obvious, but it should be (and is to your subconcious).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44114dabaae7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c0ad8b39b52.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbb29c3b10d1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d835d9fad2cb.jpg[/atsimg]

The similarity is striking. Under the makeup and the human flesh of the 'girl' in our advert, disguised for our unassuming consumption, there are the facial proportions of the persistant alien in our popular culture, the 'gray'. The shapes of which are instantly recognizable to the subconcious while the concious is busy processing the outer layers.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a44c45a33862.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/550e28d4bd06.jpg[/atsimg]
human and gray-ification

Why are we being conditioned to accept this?

Why is this designed to be so appealing to our youth?

Why is this new craze spreading like wildfire and appearing so often on the internet?

Is it really just coincedence and a product of overzealous enthusiasm for Japanese pop art?? I believe coincedences are much rarer than we often like to think.

Consider the following quote.

The world is slowly being conditioned to accept the presence of alien beings in our reality. Fifty years ago, people committed suicide rather than face the possibility that the Earth had been visited by aliens from outer space. The radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds" revealed the hysteria which the general populace would experience if faced with that scenario. For that reason, the powers that be have adopted a policy of slow desensitization to the alien presence and over a fifty year time span have made the face of the alien gray a fashion accessory.

source

It is clear: our subconcious minds are being manipulated to further the goals of a hidden hand. In general, when you are visually exposed to anything designed by another mind and your vunerabilities are intentionally targetted, you are susceptible to subconcious reprogramming. And I tell you, being that most of this is internet based, it is incredibly easy for a group to implement. If a bunch of kids can create and spread internet memes that reach every corner of the net, an intelligence agency can do so much more. The internet is a collective mind and ripe for contaminative influences.

Bottom line. There is a marked preference for our youth and an engineering of their ego (beauty, envy, attraction) to alter their subconcious reactions to visual stimuli that the mind will identify and associate. The only antidote is to be conciously aware as these images are viewed. Patently, we are in the very early stages of this psy op. Keep a lookout for these images and how they will evolve over the next few years.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Facinating thread, I am very into the subconscious mind thing and your thread fits perfectly with some of things I was talking to my family about the other day. Its so refreshing to read that other people on this earth feel the same way and experience and think about similar things.

Well done OP and welcome friend.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Interesting theory! My first thought was those Precious Moment statues that have the big round eyes, but they have regular shaped heads and faces so that is out.

Very interesting how we can see these things all over the place and not once connect it to hybrid grays. This is what I love about ATS, the people here really do use their powers of observation.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Interesting line of thinking.

First heard the concept behind manga/anime drawings of the large eyes in relation the to head size is drawn from the proportions of how a baby looks. eg larger head to body size when compared to adult. This is suppose to react to the natural subconscience to care for a baby.

painting.about.com...

The proportions of children are quite different to that of adults. When they are born, babies' heads are extremely large in proportion to the rest of their body. As a child grows up, the head becomes smaller in proportion to the rest of the body.
The head of very young children makes up about a quarter of their total height. By the time they're six or seven, the head is about a sixth of their height.
A child's head is wider than it is long, so it's rounder than that of an adult. The features (nose, eyes, mouth) of a baby take up a very small part of the head, with the eyebrows being at about midway between crown and chin. There is virtually no chin and the nose isn't very prominent.
Humans are born with eyeballs at almost adult size, so a baby's eyes appear very large compared to the other features. Very little of the white of the eyes is visible.
As a child grows, the facial features 'move up' the face as teeth develop and the jaw grows to accommodate these. By the time a child loses their baby fat in their pre- or early teens, their eyes will have moved midway up the face.
If a child is looking too old in a portrait, it may be because the proportions and location of the features are those of an adult.

Mod Edit: Added External tags.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

That would be correct. I am certain the original manga/anime was drawn to those specifications and for those reasons. They resemble children not 'grays'. We are not choosing what we want to see here, it is laid out perfectly for us to absorb. That's how it works.

However similar the ads may appear (there goes the subconcious categorizing again) they are not manga, merely influenced by it. They harbor distinct and consistant subtle differences. Does the 'girl' above evoke any baby feelings for you, especially with the cleavage and makeup? Do 'grays' look that much like human infants? The alien tends to evoke the opposite feelings, being bald and having an oversized head are the only similarities. And the advert, more reminiscent of a precocious teenage girl I believe - the innocence of manga is not present here either.

Babies do not resemble Grays, Manga does not resemble Grays, the new craze was simply developed from it and hijacked accordingly.

I say look at the jaws. There is no baby in the world whose jaw follows that line. It is unmistakable.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have seen this connection and thought the same as your OP for a long time. Every time I go see a Disney Pixar movie I always think this.

www.screentrek.com...

1.bp.blogspot.com...
static.guim.co.uk...

Those in the first picture are the monsters lol, it is the human face that seems to be very Grey like to me.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I'm glad others are seeing it too. Those pictures are very good examples, it's blatent and "they" are doing it for a reason.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

If say, we come from the Greys, then it is a mere perception of what we find attractive. Large luminous eyes, and delicate features is what you find with most supermodels and obviously in a lot of new art.

Could it be our subconscious or cell-memory that is telling us or guiding us in what we perceive as beautiful?

Cool thread. S/F

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

I'm glad others are seeing it too. Those pictures are very good examples, it's blatent and "they" are doing it for a reason.

Reason being? To prepare us subconsciously for something? To make us accept this image more than we would have without all these humanized grey pictures they seem to be putting out all over the media?

Who would you say "they" are specifically?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Consider the following quote.

The world is slowly being conditioned to accept the presence of alien beings in our reality. Fifty years ago, people committed suicide rather than face the possibility that the Earth had been visited by aliens from outer space. The radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds" revealed the hysteria which the general populace would experience if faced with that scenario. For that reason, the powers that be have adopted a policy of slow desensitization to the alien presence and over a fifty year time span have made the face of the alien gray a fashion accessory.

source

It is clear: our subconcious minds are being manipulated to further the goals of a hidden hand. In general, when you are visually exposed to anything designed by another mind and your vunerabilities are intentionally targetted, you are susceptible to subconcious reprogramming. And I tell you, being that most of this is internet based, it is incredibly easy for a group to implement. If a bunch of kids can create and spread internet memes that reach every corner of the net, an intelligence agency can do so much more. The internet is a collective mind and ripe for contaminative influences.

Bottom line. There is a marked preference for our youth and an engineering of their ego (beauty, envy, attraction) to alter their subconcious reactions to visual stimuli that the mind will identify and associate. The only antidote is to be conciously aware as these images are viewed. Patently, we are in the very early stages of this psy op. Keep a lookout for these images and how they will evolve over the next few years.

Autowrench:
I have to agree, we, and by that I mean humanity in general, are being readied for alien contact by TV and movies, posters and music, and many other ways. I see references to aliens on TV all the time, little and subtle the clues are, but they are there. We are being conditioned to accept aliens living with us, and flying around in our atmosphere. Time to educate one's self to a degree never before accomplished on this phenomena, and get ready for it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

To be honest, the appearance of a grey can be extremely startling for the human mind. The shock of looking at a being not from Earth is just not something our brains are wired to handle. It could make humans very unpredictable. Very gradually we are being adjusted to lessen the fear and unpredictability.

It's possible that the powers that be, whoever they are, are attempting to desensitize humanity to protect their order & control over the population incase an alien landing occurs. They might think such an occurence is inevitable in the long run. I would like to think though that the aliens are smarter than this, they're not going to show themselves to the world and let half of us in for a heart attack. At least not yet.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Time to educate one's self to a degree never before accomplished on this phenomena, and get ready for it.

Agreed - just so long as we are not absorbing disinformation in our attempts to prepare.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In regards to Japanese anime/manga - I wouldn't necessarily say the influence is due to aliens/greys. etc. Of course, it's possible, but I personally don't think so.

It seems to be a stylised, cartoonish fashion of representing the human anatomy in a way that helps to convey emotion/intention and connotation quickly and easily, without the need of drawing super-realistic faces.

People are drawn to the eyes and mouth because they are the main features we use to convey emotion to others and are what we relate to in order to observe and pick up emotion/intention.

So the large(r) eyes and exaggerated mouths in the Japanese anime/manga world could be due to that reason - these are the two main emotive vehicles and exaggerating them in comic form makes it quicker and easier to get the desired effect across to the reader.

And I guess over years of doing it, it's become the definitive standard of Japanese animation/manga.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: for punc and gram.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I agree to an extent. I think it has been adapted in the past few years. I really do not see much similarity anymore between the new ads and the real manga.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

To be honest, the appearance of a grey can be extremely startling for the human mind. The shock of looking at a being not from Earth is just not something our brains are wired to handle. It could make humans very unpredictable. Very gradually we are being adjusted to lessen the fear and unpredictability.

I do often wonder how people would react if one landed in the Street. Id be freaked out for sure but I know that in a way I will have been de sensitized to its actual image. Those who have not even heard of the Greys will probably have heart attacks like you say, but I hope Id stay a little bit more calm knowing what it was.

Tha actual Grey image itself is not used that much in films when you think about it. Possibly Close Encounters, ET and Fire in the Sky but not that much really.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

A lot of those shown above are actually hu-brids, or species evolution took place, throwing them closer into the human gene pool.

hu-brids human cloning subjects, or visa versa.

We take some of theres, they take some of ours, this is whats going on in some laboratories.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

So, let me get this straight....

Big eyes, small mouth, and "they" have been indoctrinating us since, when, exactly???

eta:

[edit on 30 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Good one. Betty Boop looks nothing like a gray, and you have me saying that with some snickering. Thanks for the laugh though.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Makes sense. These are the toons of hu-brids. Thanks for dropping by.

[edit on 30/7/09 by YourForever]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
I do often wonder how people would react if one landed in the Street. Id be freaked out for sure but I know that in a way I will have been de sensitized to its actual image.

Yep it's not going to freak us that much, street is better than indoors as far as I'm concerned

Tha actual Grey image itself is not used that much in films when you think about it. Possibly Close Encounters, ET and Fire in the Sky but not that much really.

I think this is a great point. Exposure to the actual grey image is limited because that would really mess up their efforts. If they want us desensitized it would not do to have us more fearful.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join