It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did everything come out of nothing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I Think the problem is in our idea as to what nothing is. Just because we see something coming from nothing doesn't mean it actually did. It just means that we are unable to observe where it came from.

Peter.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
Nothing does not exist ` it never has and it never will, only the word nothing exist and our idea of the word nothing. Everything came from something, something didn't come from nothing. How can it?

But also, nothing can't come from something.

Matter and energy never cease to exist. They judge reorganize into a different state of being. Even when you burn wood, it may not look and feel like a piece of wood anymore but all the molecules that made it up are still there. They just reorganized into something different. Even if you spread the ashes into the wind, the wood is still there. Just not in its previous form.

This is why I don't believe we just...die. Or that existence will every stop existing. We may not know the true nature of our existence but it's an existence nontheless.

Philosophers use the thought experiment to ask yourself if you leave a room and there's a candle burning, some music playing...if you leave the room is the music still playing and the candle still burning.

Well it has to. It might not continue to exist in the same way I perceived it while I was in the room but it's definitely there in some form or another. Something had to be there for me to experience, perceive and sense it. It can't just suddenly be nothing when I walk out of the room because nothing can't come from something.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonah0julian
There is one question that has been really fascinating me lately.

How did the Creator/Consciousness know how to create form?

I mean all there was was nothingness. And surely the idea of form must of appeared or something.

Now I look at a flower and I am fascinated at how such a form can be created when it seems almost impossible that it can come from a seemingly "mindless" consciousness.

How can things come from nothing? Is everything still nothing? Isn't energy made of vibration and isn't vibraton formless? Isn't all made from nothing?

Nothing exists? Everything exists through nonexistence nothingness?

everything in the universe before the big bang was contained in a very small space, much smaller than the size of an atom. At the time of creation, or the big bang, all this matter spread out. So essentially, you did not come from nothing, but we are actually all one.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Holographic]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
All mater came from a finite place. It is unknown if this was part of something else.

Also realize that unless gravity was turned off, the universe is really a lot older than it is seen to our relativity.

You see, when the universe was born and the first matter formed, that was all the matter of the universe in a small area, probably a few galaxies in size. Yet this did not collapse into a black hole.

Therefore, either we almost did become a black hole, but the universe expanded so much that we reached escape velocity (and so the universe would be older then we think it is because as the universe expanded, all that matter would have slowed down time until the matter spread out), or gravity did not exist at first and was somehow turned off originally, but then turned on once matter spread out enough, implying some kind of intelligence.

Make your choice.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ahhhh...the question to end all questions.

I don't claim to have the answer, but I can tell you that when you really start to think about it, it makes your head hurt.

To simplify the way I look at it, I'll explain it like this:

Everything we see, touch, eat, etc. is all composed of various atoms and the mixture of elements. (yes, I'm REALLY simplyifying, but it's on purpose).

So, the argument is that everything started with a single atom, that was then "hit" with other atoms, and therefore different life forces, water, oxygen, animals, etc., was created.

But this is where your head can start to hurt:

Now, take that same principle and apply it to the universe. All of the solar systems, planets, suns, etc. were all formed by the collision of different comets, asteroids, etc. and that collision caused different stars and different planets comprised of all different substances -- and of course, atoms.

BUT -- take it down to one. No matter how small you get -- meaning eliminate the entire universe and reverse it to one really really hot atom (also known as the VERY beginning of time if you will) -- you still have one.

So, the real question should be: what created the very first atom in order to have a chemical reaction take place?

I always kind of thought that people that thought God/Creator/insert other religeously correct being was solely responsible for life on Earth were belittling the creation of the entire universe.

I mean, even if you believe God created life on Earth -- who/what created the atoms to make that possible? If you believe it was a miracle, then how do you explain the existence of hydrogen (part of our make-up) in the universe? Does God have a boss? Or is the creator so many believe in, the same creator that any other planet out there in the universe with life on it worships?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join