It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black and Asian Cambridge Cops Defend Sgt. Crowley, wont vote for Obama again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Black and Asian Cambridge Cops Defend Sgt. Crowley, wont vote for Obama again

newsroom.blogs.cnn.com

Members of the Cambridge Police Dept. in Massachusetts tell CNN’s Don Lemon in an exclusive interview that fellow officer Sgt. James Crowley did nothing wrong when he arrested Harvard professor Henry Gates for disorderly conduct. The charges were quickly dropped.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

All I can say is that this gives me hope that there really are sensible people out there who feel like me. That we are all human beings in the middle of a excrement sandwich. Skin color doesn't guide our opinions.

This gates guy really does need to be exposed for the hate monger he is. I do have some sympathy for minorities who are mistreated by wing nuts on a power trip, but there area lot of people like Gates out there.

newsroom.blogs.cnn.com

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

All I can say is that this gives me hope that there really are sensible people out there who feel like me. That we are all human beings in the middle of a excrement sandwich. Skin color doesn't guide our opinions.

This gates guy really does need to be exposed for the hate monger he is. I do have some sympathy for minorities who are mistreated by wing nuts on a power trip, but there area lot of people like Gates out there.

newsroom.blogs.cnn.com

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Wimbly]

My thoughts exactly... And there are people out there who experience REAL profiling and people like gates just make everyone think they are just pulling the race card.

At first I was on gates side but after reading more and more and seeing he has a history of this stuff I see he most likely was in the wrong!

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

If you'll pardon the pun (from a person of mixed heritage) Obama showed his true colours!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What is going to be tragically amusing is the way Obama will gradually morph in the liberal media from being 'african american' to 'not completely black' to 'half white' to finally 'really just another white president' as his honeymoon with the left ends .

Look for a hair straightening from his handlers before the end of his term. Bet on it. Tragic but indicative of pop cultural madness.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Even though I have many questions about the incident, I do feel that the Cambridge PD has a lot of good officers. And I have not yet seen any evidence that proves Jim/James was acting on racial bias.

I actually think he arrested the professor because he was not cooperating and was acting unruly.

Like I tell my wife, if a police officer asks you for assistance, help him/her out. Assist them with their job. If they believe they need to detain you, go willingly and cooperate. Tell them straight up, you want to sort this out as much as they do, and as a good citizen you will aid them. Stay calm cool and collected.

Protect your Constitutional rights, by all means, but be kind and courteous, and cooperate with the LEO.

Most LEO's just want to get to the bottom of things and find the truth, just like many of us here. Getting out of hand and causing a ruckus will only freak them out and cause them to taze you.

They are on edge, look at the way people are in society today. Their job just plain sucks. They just wanna go home and chill out, just as much as any of us do. (Especially if your inside your own house)

Some officers are idiots, and they should be kicked off the force, for sure.

But when a white officer has so many black friends, and is clearly not racist, I think we can chalk this one up to *confusion/misunderstanding*.

He really should have cooperated, and I am certain that he would not have gotten arrested.

I will be honest, I am scared crapless of LEO's, only because I am from a place where many of them were actually corrupt.

I was treated very unfairly by White cops, and I am white. However I am not lucky enough to use a race card for this one, am I?

They let me go eventually, because I cooperated and told them right up," I will assist you Sir, explain what the problem is, and I shall assist in solving it. "

By being cooperative, if you are truly innocent, the officer will begin to realize that, and you will most likely get off the hook.

I have been playing this mod for ARMA called Sahrani Life , and being on the Cop team is extremely difficult. So I honestly feel bad for cops now. They go through so much crap it is unbelievable, if only you could see it from their point of view.

Be a good person and God (or whatever you believe in) will bring you justice. At least that is my belief.

Police brutality = Horrific and Unacceptable
Racial Profiling = Total Injustice

Sgt. Crowley = Comes Clean - Dare I say, a Good Guy?

I just said a cop was a good guy. See even I can learn a few things around here!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
What is going to be tragically amusing is the way Obama will gradually morph in the liberal media from being 'african american' to 'not completely black' to 'half white' to finally 'really just another white president' as his honeymoon with the left ends .

Look for a hair straightening from his handlers before the end of his term. Bet on it. Tragic but indicative of pop cultural madness.

That is kinda unfair though. I always consider corrupt politicians Green. The color of $$$$$.

I am white but I do not suck like they do. I am not covered in Green. I mean Greed.

I will be honest I did not vote for anyone, none of them appealed to me. McCain or Obama? They are the same to me. Green. I mean Greed.

I kind of want a Poor person as President. I could care less what color they are. I just want a good guy for once.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Like I tell my wife, if a police officer asks you for assistance, help him/her out. Assist them with their job. If they believe they need to detain you, go willingly and cooperate. Tell them straight up, you want to sort this out as much as they do, and as a good citizen you will aid them. Stay calm cool and collected.

Protect your Constitutional rights, by all means, but be kind and courteous, and cooperate with the LEO.

From the point of view of someone who has dealt with some abusive LEO's before, and Profiling situations (Not race based, but rather "Out-of-Towner" based), I completely concur with your advice

Even when I was pulled over for a traffic offense which I took no part in, I remained completely polite, cool, calm, and courteous. The Officer also remained the same way, and we parted on decent terms. If you wish to fight a wrong, do it in court, not on the side of a road (You are placing everyones life at risk in such scenarios).

On the other side of the coin, I have also known some really great LEO's, and it has taught me that I should never judge an entire grouping or profession based upon a few negative encounters. Look at the NASA Astronaut Corps for instance, and take note of all of the amazing accomplishments which they have been a part of for nearly five decades. Now, remember the one female astronaut who recently stalked and threatened another woman in a crazed manner, and how she has been through multiple ensuing legal matters as a result? Yes, she was nuts, but should her actions tarnish the image of the entire grouping of NASA Astronauts, and their amazing accomplishments and sacrifices for us all? Obviously NOT.

[edit on 7-30-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

In response to the video:

I love it how he says "African-American" and then throws "this White Officer."

Seriously? Every black, brown, or half-Kenyan-half-white man, woman, or child gets the title "African-American" even though they aren't even from Africa.

If anyone were to see a white man, woman, or child, they don't care if you're British, French, German, or American. You are white, end of story.

That infuriates me to no end.

If you are going to call every single person that has peach-colored skin "white", then you must call every brown-colored person black.

I am not a "racist" for those of you undereducated, over-zealous people out there that probably think I am from my post. I am not a "racist" because I have not spoken of any "race" in the entire post. I talked about ethnicities. There is a huge difference.

There is only one race out there and that is the human race. Get over it.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

top topics

join