It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Being A Hoax Is High Probability

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

I suspect that the vast majority of them have a more mundane explanation...however, it would only take one, wouldn't it? My own experiance with an unknown object (a USO) tells me weird things are out there...

I'm an open minded skeptic...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

We're defiinitely not alone.

Aliens exist among us but they have many species as described in Quran. Some are soul-possessors, shape-shifters and airbourne.

However, many people stereotype them as beings on flying saucers. I think that's quite silly.

And I personally believe that crop circles are made by military satelite beams.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm beginning to think "Aliens" (Specifically the Greys, Reptilians are a different story..) are a hoax.

Dare I ask....?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I believe, just like everything else these days, it's a half and half type ordeal. A ying and yang if you will. Some hoaxes, some real.

To what extent are they real and what percentage are fake? Who knows???

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
OVER 5 Billion believe in an invisible God, yet they disagree with the other religions, when they are practically saying the same thing. Are aliens really waiting?

Hey!! My religion is right and everyone else's religion is wrong and how dare you suggest otherwise!!!

Just kidding, but I said that to make a point, and the point is this: Do you ever notice with some people you get the same kind of emotional denial response if you question their UFO beliefs that you do if you question someone's religious beliefs, almost as if belief that UFOs are piloted by aliens is sort of a religion? I've noticed that with many (but not all) people who think UFOs have alien origin.

In the following video Carl Sagan posits the possibility that science has destroyed some of our religious beliefs but we have the same need to believe in something greater than ourselves we always had. And UFOs seem to be more scientifically supportable as a religion than an invisible God. Hence, it's a way to have religion without looking scientifically silly, or so people seem to think.

(click to open player in new window)

I know this may not be explain everyone's beliefs in UFOs and there are unexplained things people have seen in the sky. But as Seth Shostak recently said, there are also unexplained murders in Los Angeles but that doesn't mean they were comitted by aliens.

Anyone else besides Carl Sagan and me see the similarities between ufology and religion?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by helen670

I suspect that the vast majority of them have a more mundane explanation...however, it would only take one, wouldn't it? My own experiance with an unknown object (a USO) tells me weird things are out there...

I'm an open minded skeptic...

Hi seagull/

Open minded is good!

I am sure everyone has had some sort of supernatural experience or an out of the ordinary situation,
true?
Not all things can be explained in scientific methods....even science agrees with this!
So, the fact remains and should remain that these 'U'F'O's may simply be other then what many believe them to be!
Does that make sense?
This post is similar to another post that I posted...

Open minded is good, but be careful....the Mind is powerful and many want to abuse/manipulate the mind!
In other words,
'Guard' the mind as you would guard the body in an attack!
take care,

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

I am sure everyone has had some sort of supernatural experience or an out of the ordinary situation,
true?

True here.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Even though I've been a member for over 2 years I can't make a new thread because I don't have the post count. However, I came across this today.

"UFO puzzle: Alien baby or elaborate hoax?"

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hi Arb/

I know this may not be explain everyone's beliefs in UFOs and there are unexplained things people have seen in the sky. But as Seth Shostak recently said, there are also unexplained murders in Los Angeles but that doesn't mean they were comitted by aliens.
Anyone else besides Carl Sagan and me see the similarities between ufology and religion?

I don't know of Seth Shostak,haven't time to watch the video now,but I do agree that there are many, similarities between ufology and religion!

There's a book by Jaques Valee(sp) who wrote about the very same thing!
Once you tune to having a little of that knowledge, besides the concept of 'outer space' visitations occuring(the media-movies, hacking into our minds)things might make a little more sense and be seen in a different light!
If not now, then one day it will!

ICXC NIKA
helen

I'll watch the video another time...kinda late here!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
reply to post by bobbylove321

We're defiinitely not alone.

Aliens exist among us but they have many species as described in Quran. Some are soul-possessors, shape-shifters and airbourne.

However, many people stereotype them as beings on flying saucers. I think that's quite silly.

And I personally believe that crop circles are made by military satelite beams.

Hi Wisdom/
Quick reply as it is late.

I like your answer about the 'Crop circles' made by military satelite....that's quite interesting!
But, I would put the shapshifters,soul -possesed etc...as being all, one and the same!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by fooffstarr

There is a lot of evidence,I tried however to use evidence from three types of alien events:Abduction(the star map),History(The paintings and lines),and government(The transmission).Also in my opinion the star map is irrefutable.It doesn't matter what evidence I give some will not believe until they talk to an alien!

Yes there is a lot of evidence, but what is the evidence telling us?

Abduction-star map. This is a drawing or some dots on a piece of paper, that's pretty meaningless to me. However I find the story of Barney and Betty Hill a fascinating one. I can't explain everything in their story. Maybe they were abducted by aliens, but unfortunately I can't objectively say anything they provided is definite proof of that.

Cave paintings and Nazca lines: The Nazca lines could be explained by people having religious beliefs in a creator in the heavens. So rather than communicating with aliens, they could have been communicating with Gods, as both seem to be in the sky in many belief systems. And the cave paintings I find fascinating, but do they rise to the level of proof? I don't think so, because while interesting, they could have alternative explanations. They COULD be drawings of aliens, or could be drawings of Gods, or people. The fact that they can be interpreted in multiple ways means they don't rise to the level of proof.

As for the transmissions, it seems like there are a mixture of hoaxes and unexplained objects which are not hoaxes. I think the one that said alien spacecraft was a hoax. The other transmissions not hoaxed that say they see unexplained objects, to me means just that...they saw some unexplained objects in orbit. I don't see any reason to conclude that what they saw is alien in origin.

Actually I would LIKE to see evidence of aliens visiting the earth, I think there are aliens out there, so that's not in question. And maybe they HAVE visited the earth without leaving any proof of it. But all of the evidence I've looked at so far falls short of proof in my opinion.

We had the alien autopsy video, if that had been real instead of a fake that might be proof enough, so no I don't need to talk to an alien, though that would be nice. But I need more than what I've seen so far, to call it proof.

But as always you've provided lots of great evidence, and some of it I can't explain, so I like looking at it and I thank you for posting it! But the fact that I can't explain it doesn't automatically make me conclude that it therefore must be alien. Maybe it is, or maybe it's got some other explanation. If we really had proof then we wouldn't be having a debate about it right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join