It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bought a Ouija Board recently.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Wow it's been a few years since I've been on here. Well here it goes. I bought a Ouija Board last week and used it twice. I have no one else to try it out with so I'm on my own.

So far I've tried using it twice and get no results. I tried doing figure eights and circles to 'warm the board up' and all it does is land on random letters that spell out gibberish. Just lighting resting my finger tips on it doesn't do anything either. I do ask 'is there any spirits in the room?' or variations of that.

I read that even if you don't contact any spirits they still might be there and that it's an open invitation to demonic forces.

I'm trying it out from curiosity. I'm still skeptical about it. I've read about the ideomotor effect where it's moved by small muscle movements.

I'm going to keep trying it for awhile and see if anything creeps up later on down the line. Any advice?

Here is some stuff I found on Youtube

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

I am afraid its not working because you are alone, it only works in groups, because when your alone, your friends cant push it around to mess with each other.

just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think it's real because my aunt does it.

I found her and my grandmother doing it one time, I asked what they were doing (I was about 10 years old) and they told me they were playing Ouija. I joined and my aunt asked a question.
The coin (she wrote letters on a piece of paper and used a coin) then started moving. I taught she was moving it, but she told me the spirits were doing it.
At the end she said something to finish the game (supposedly to close the door between our realm and theirs.

I would consider my aunt a witch because she can do other stuff.

My point is that you need to know how to use it. You have to say an opening sentence to call them and then a closing sentence.

I don't know what you have to say but that's what my aunt did.

But I would recommend not to do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
TRICKS WITH THE OUIJA BOARD

One doesn’t have to go to the local Wal-Mart and purchase a Parker Brother’s Ouija Board ($14.95) in order to experience the fun and thrills!

I have constructed numerous boards out of numerous items, ranging from regular cardboard to driftwood to lightning struck oak. It doesn’t matter what materials you use… a board made of turquoise and hematite will work just as well as one made of a cereal box. One must always keep in mind that the Ouija Board is simply a tool, and as such, it will work irregardless of its material or expense.

And, as a tool, an Ouija Board is not evil, nor is its use evil. It is a tool. As such, it is the eventual responsibility of the user and their intent. If you use a tool as it should be used, then all is good and well… but if misused or used improperly, then expect to have difficulties. Again, the Ouija Board is a tool, one designed for communication and for gathering of knowledge.

When designing your own board, keep its intended purpose in mind. What are you wishing to communicate with? What is it you are trying to seek? What are your intentions? Although these questions may seem irrelevant, they are not. Any person can make a general board, but all you will get in response are general contacts. As an example, there are two board types I constructed which are of note:

The first, I intended for ‘nature’ or druidic type entities. It was made of oak, with the four elements embedded in the corners. This was accomplished by burning one, soaking one in water, embedding sand into the third, and leaving the fourth exposed to air. This may seem like a simple process, and it was… but effective none-the-less. What was important, though, was the mind set in its construction. That energy, that focus, went into what it would become.
The second board I wanted something a bit more powerful. I wanted to feel the entities behind the words, I wanted to experience their powers. Since this was a work in progress, I opted for a prototype style operation… I used cardboard until I felt I had achieved what I wanted. Along with some modifications and designs, what worked best for my goals was a board that had the symbols of the 50 Names of Calling (from the Necronomicon) engraved along its border. Why did this work? Because I wanted it to, and because of the thousands of people out there who actually took that book to be 100% true… their beliefs gave it power.

In making your board, as with everything else, do what feels right for you.

Earlier I touched upon something rather important: a general board will give you general contacts. Not entirely true. How can you attain something more from something so… mundane?

Place something under the board. Seriously. Every object has an energy or force behind it, and what you will be in contact with would have been connected to that object. Again with, two examples:

Money. A single dollar bill (or your country’s equivalent). Why money, what makes this such a good example? Money, people say, is the root of all evil… expect a powerful force with this one. If you happen to be sensitive to strength levels, you should be prepared to brace yourself.
A tarot card. Think of tarot cards as a business card. What is unique with these is that the entity you contact with, say, the 5 of Cusps, will be the same entity you talk to later on using the same card. My advice? Make a directory, keep a list of the entities contacted. AND keep in mind that each deck will be different… the Witch’s Tarot will have different entities then the Elemental Deck.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
...part two...

Some useless information.

1. Ouija Boards, with practice, can be used to communicate with people. Yes, people… but only if one of the participants is astral.
2. The board will not operate by itself. It will not move by itself. If anyone says otherwise, it is because they heard it from a friend from a friend who saw it.
3. Yes, it is possible to use one by yourself, but be prepared to be moved like nothing experienced before.
4. Keep a tape recorder… err… have a recorder handy and turned on while in a session. It makes things easier.

Now, as a last bit in general information… be respectful. Be mindful of what you are communicating with. Arrogance will only be effective for so long before something else pushes what you are talking to aside… those who have experienced that will know exactly what I mean.

This has been cut and pasted fro a different ATS thread of a similar nature.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

That is awesome that you got a new toy. I just bought a new monopoly board and it is very fun. My daughter and I play often. Maybe we will run out this weekend and grab a Oija board. We used to have fun playing with those when I was a child. I bet she will love it. Maybe we can try to conjure up the devil with it. That should create some life long memories.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If I were you I would burn the thing now mate .
Listen to the guy in the first video , its not worth messing with imo .
Once you get in contact with those forces , you could have a hard time getting them to leave you alone .
I've heard a few stories from people who regret ever getting involved with that spirit world stuff .
But up to you I guess if your that curious ...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have never used an Ouija board but I have used a pendulum with a paper that had letters on it. I got answers but always thought it was muscles reacting to my wishful thinking or some such. One night I used it and I got an an answer that was out of the ball park for me. F*** -------. I asked who it was and the response was 'You Know'. I thru the thing across the room. Scared me.

Bottom line, be careful. I don't think you have to have someone with you but be very careful and use discretion with responses. Ask for protection and name the type of entity, spirit, universe you wish to respond.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
seriously op.
youve got to burn the house down. just mentioning a oiuja board will contaminate your domicile with the devil

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice so far. I remember when I was a kid one of my friends had a Ouija Board. We played around with it for a few minutes and it did nothing so he put it back in the box and we played Nintendo. That is the only prior experience I had with the board.

I plan on trying again tonight. As for getting demon possessed or having a physical manifestation that I have my doubts on. If it happens I'd believe it. I sort of go to church on and off again. I've got enough translations of the Bible to start quoting out of if in the slight chance that it does happen I could rid the demonic force(s.) Hopefully.

Since I've been going to a Baptist church they talk about Satan and demons a lot so it's piqued my interest in the Occult again, which I dabbled in when I was in Jr High School (which was quite some time ago.)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Take it from me, dude, quit while you're ahead. Those boards are nothing but trouble. I've had experiences first hand and have seen what happened to other people, too. Like the man said in the video you posted, it's like playing with a gun with only 1 bullett in the chamber. You may not have encountered results initially but eventually you will, believe me, and it will be a lot more difficult to reverse the results once they have been created.

Do a search for some experiences on this sight.

Here's one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
seriously op.
youve got to burn the house down. just mentioning a oiuja board will contaminate your domicile with the devil

Uh, ok. Right. I guess ATS is contaminated now. Burn the servers!

I wouldn't worry too much if you control your thinking by maintaining a positive mindset. Usually that's alot to ask. It's just a lousy hunk of cardboard and plastic and anything that gets done gets done mentally.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

i was being sarcastic

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I had my own bad exoperince with an ouija board back in 1988 i was 13. frined and me played it, and soemtimes it started to move...long story short, ED and lorraine warren came over and investigated our home. Nothing too serious but really starnge things...objects exploding, phone clals with static, transclucent black cats with tiny heads.
The ouija board had told me and my friend it was jesus, god, satan, virgin mary, and a 9 year old boy that died in our neighborhood. I told my mom about it, and she said to me, how did yuo know that? The board told me mom. My mom told me back in 1964 ro so, a 9 year old boy wa hit by a car on our street and died on way to hospitol. Ide often hear scrathcing noises behind my bed, sounds of a small pebble being skipped across the floor, usualy in our garage attack and my closet in my room. The board also,f or soem reason, made the numbeer 8 alot using the 'eye'.
Did my research..and found that number 8 isnt good. Its a symbolic trick evil sprits can use to gain entry. IF yuo hear pig noises and grunts behind yuor walls, thats classic demonic infestation. I talked witha woman not too long ago, who had this experince. You really dont know what or who your letting in, via the vboard. remember..the ouija board acts as an open door. When yuor done playing yuor supopsed to close the door. SPirits do and will lile, to enter our world..o jsut beucase who yuor tlakijng too dosnt mean thier nice. yuo shuold burn sage and white candles, so it acts as a shield around you, and recite the lords prayer.
In any exorcism or huose blessing, thiers a reason catholic religion is used..because in all haunted cases, catholic religion had the most impact on getting evil spirits to leave.
Ide recommend throwing it out..but make sure the door is closed!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
BAD idea ,foreal,dont burn it thought that just leave the door open for thing to get in,you might want to google how to get properly get rid of one safetly..please dont take this ouija board thing as somthing cool because its not

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i dont know why everyone is worried.

if they could actually do something, i would think with all the oiouja boards sold one might notice i dont know...satan walking around?

and...would the TPTB confiscate all of them? wouldnt the illuminati just revel in summoning demons?

for a toy made in china for probably less than a dollar, it sure promises a lot of power that can be wielded by any 7 year old with a $20.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

if they could actually do something, i would think with all the oiouja boards sold one might notice i dont know...satan walking around?

and...would the TPTB confiscate all of them? wouldnt the illuminati just revel in summoning demons?

for a toy made in china for probably less than a dollar, it sure promises a lot of power that can be wielded by any 7 year old with a $20.

People can buy candles in stores too, they can be used to light a dark room or cast spells. Any item or tool can be harmless, just depends on how you use it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

People can buy candles in stores too, they can be used to light a dark room or cast spells. Any item or tool can be harmless, just depends on how you use it.

I think that Electric koolaid zombie is right.

If it was that dangerous, it would be banned or something.

Even if something bad enters your house, it usually is apparitions, noises, weird feelings, disturbed emotions, but rarely physical contacts...

Well, I would play it, but not at my house lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I suggest you ditch the Ouija Board. Nothing good comes out of it. If anything happens, 9 times out of 10 - its bad. I know you are skeptical, but does it take something bad to happen to convince you? IMHO you should research the paranormal through some other approach, not a Ouija Board.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

reply to post by EnlightenUp

i was being sarcastic

And yet you showed up to prove you were right?

It seems Ouija boards cause paradoxes, thus their true hazard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join