It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem like crop circles are always in Europe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know it's been awhile since anyone has posted on this thread (if anyone is even reading it) but it's been buggin the crap outta me. So I decided to do some homework/armchair research to back up some of my points... If you go to that crop circle archive sight ArMap posted it lists that no crop circles were found/reported in the US in 2003, which is blantantly false. I just picked that year because I know for a fact there were at least 3 formations in my proverbial backyard/neck of the woods.

Taken from www.cabiz.net...

* October 4, 2003 - Ohio Soybean Crop Formation (x2). Both probably occurred around same date of August 24, 2003.

1) Paint Creek Island, near Bainbridge in Ross County, Ohio. This is similar to a 1994 formation reported in Wiltshire, England and a 2000 formation reported in Kalispell/Whitefish, Montana, USA.

2) Serpent Mound soybean formation, Ohio. was 271 feet from top of large ring to bottom of small, ringed circle, all oriented east to west. The diameter of the "Eye" in the Vesica Piscis was 74 feet.

* Friday, August 1, 2003 - Crop circle found on Howell Twp. farm (Michigan). Two circles were found in a field of wheat. One is about 55 feet in diameter, the other about four feet.

* ... When two crop circles were spotted last October in a Saginaw County corn field, international experts believed it to be the first report of the circles from Michigan.

* Ten-circle crop formation discovered in wheat on June 7, 2003,
Knoble, Arkansas.

* Rockville, CA in Solano County - discovered June 28, 2003. September 20, 2003 researchers Ruben Uriarte and Steve Moreno gave the BACF (in Berkley, CA) audience the latest update on the mysterious Solano County crop circles from the summer of 2003. Appears they were real after all based on the evidence. Teenagers tried to claim the Rockville formation. Details below.

Taken from www.cropcircleanswers.com...
A Mysterious ‘Ice Circle’ Discovered in NE USA
The ‘Crop Circle’ Like Phenomenon Continues in 2003

***(there's one of those pesky rare ice circles)***

So there's at least 6 cereal formations in the US just in 2003. Why aren't these listed on that other archive site??? Because that site isn't accurate in presenting the data for CCs in the US.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

You probably didn't use the search function correctly, it's a little confusing.

They have 26 crop circles for 2003 in the US, as you can see here, including those you mentioned (I think).

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Apparently most Crop Circle Formations require a specific depth of water table and limestone under the site (a few hundred feet down) for them to form--the water apparently fills up in the table in the spring (May in the northern hemisphere, Nov in the southern) and the crop circles form for the next 3 months following; apparently there is a lot of electrical discharge when the table fills up over limestone...and during formations, a lot of water 'evaporates' during the process, keeping the crops from catching on fire (the authentic ones have NO BROKEN STALKS in the stems of the plants and are literally microwaved by heat FROM WITHIN THE STALKS--I am talking ONLY about the authentic /real ones that are formed usually within 3-7 minutes from start to finish and accompanied by red-orange globes of moving light---and not the 'fake' circles, whose designs are not close to being accurate and whose stalks are clumsily broken by human feet --you know all the silly ones which takes drunk university students sometimes several hours to do, and they don't even compare in terms of accuracy of line and curve to the real ones!)

I suspect some geologist should send over a MAP of all the places on the earth that have limestone formations under the turf with significant seasonal water tables, and allign these sites with crop circles..you might be in for quite a shock if you think ALL of them are fakes !

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, I stand firmly corrected!

Son of a gun... ArMap, thank you for helping the mentally handicapped with their steep learning curve! (that would be me :roll
I tried it again, and sure enough they showed up this time. How bizarre. Wonder what I was doing wrong. It does list the ones found in Rockville California as being found in a Rockville Arkansas, unless I read those incorrectly.

(... Lol, they even have the hoaxed one found in Vacaville! Cool website, ArMap!)

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
I suspect some geologist should send over a MAP of all the places on the earth that have limestone formations under the turf with significant seasonal water tables, and allign these sites with crop circles..you might be in for quite a shock if you think ALL of them are fakes !
I think a map close to that was posted in this thread or in another one about crop circles, that area on south England continues in north France, and they do not have all those crop circles.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join