It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem like crop circles are always in Europe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

because unemployment is on the rise in europe and they are seemingly not too upset over it

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Haribo

If anyone is offended by me speaking the truth, I apologize. And if you are an American who is bad at geometry, my statement was not directed at you personally, do not take it as so. I feel better now.

I think it's been pretty well established that Crop Circles got their start and are most numerous in the UK, England, to be precise. There have been demonstrations of how teams construct these designs in one night. For me it's a closed case that Crop Circles are a man made phenomenon. You are entitled to you opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here's a great site that has a lot of them archived....
Linkymabobber
I'll shut up though, cuz I don't count too good... counting being a type of math, and I'm an American.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Two words:

Tram Lines

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, here in Oz in Tasmania the wallabies make them after getting stoned in the poppy fields and running around in circles

news.bbc.co.uk...

But in all seriousness Oz has crop circles, and Canada

www.uforq.asn.au...

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Well, alright.. I am new here and I am trying my very best to keep just to the point and NOTHING whatsoever on a personal level. Now, to keep to this topic there was a crop circle in Monroe County, East Tennessee in 2008. I am sure if you browse the web, many many more will pop up. I am not saying there are more in the US to UK. I am actually enjoying this topic and would like to keep it alive.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Haribo]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is some sand ones at Byron Bay

www.youtube.com...

Who knows what to believe when it comes to crop circles, it has been proven they can be man made- but why on earth would peeps bother to go out in the middle of the night and lets face it in the UK in the bitter cold to make a crop circle?- that doesn't make much sense

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To get to people who find this sort of thing exciting? (us all here at ATS who enjoy the "unknown")

Or these signs really are from something out there... But if we all knew that, we wouldn't be here discussing it over and over on every wave length.

-Haribo

*Typos

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

thanks very much for that A VERY USEFUL SITE - now the break down / nation for 2008

UK - 87
GERMANY - 9
ITALY - 8
BRAZIL - 7 [ with the caveat that all were plain discs ]
SWITZERLAND -7
CANAD - 7
FRANCE - 6
NETHERLANDS - 5
SPAIN - 5
CZECH REPUBLIC - 1
POLAND - 1
RUSSIAN FEDERATION - 1
SLOVAKIA -1
REPUVLIC KOREA - 1
USA - 2

Make of that what you will

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, but this doesn't quite 'solve' it.

Perhaps only England wants fame out of this kind of media?
Other countries do not report crop circles as often because they brush it off?
Aliens will be attacking England in the near future?

This shows the facts, but not why...

-Haribo

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haribo
Thanks for sharing, but this doesn't quite 'solve' it.

Perhaps only England wants fame out of this kind of media?
Other countries do not report crop circles as often because they brush it off?

I don't think it really has to do with "countries" reporting on the crop-circles because there are plenty of independent journalists and researchers who keep up with new crop circles as best they can.

After seeing the stats for 2008, although it's only that one year, I am starting to think there are groups of people in the UK who make crop circles for a hobby. Either that or ETs are attracted to the area for some reason.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I agree, maybe if we all saw more results from other years so it could be compared, all of us would have a slight more understanding about the circle positions themselves. Although even that wont answer the big questions though.

Also, you missed out my 3rd question
Attack of the ETs is always possible, as we have no proof whatsoever to disregard this.

-Haribo

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by lifecitizen

In all seriousness...UK has a higher population density than the U.S. Seems to me like its for exposure. Out here in kansas, not too many would see them...following my own undeniable logic, they would almost certainly be man made. Fancy graffiti. I would prefer to think ET, but it's getting harder and harder. Not a very effective means of communication when you think about it. If they were warnings or letters from ET, why not choose a medium with more exposure? They are either man made, or the ETs only care about a very small percentage of the population, as evidenced by their chosen medium. I would hope they would be sending messages to ALL of mankind, rather than a relatively small audience. I think they're man made.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
IgnorantApe- you forgot us

We might be down under but we are here nonetheless, lol

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is a picture I posted on another topic:

So, why are they always making crop circles in the same exact spots?

I think all the ones above are man-made.

You would think someone would have set up a camera by now...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The only real way to tell the difference in man-made CCs and the real deals are by the details. Have any of those cropping up lately had any serious analysis performed on them: Magnetic readings differing from the local baseline? EM interference with electronic equipment within the circles? High pitched trilling noises recorded? Have any stalks been analysed under a microscope to see if there's any changes in the structure? Etc. Personally, I think most of these CCs showing up within the last few years (at least) are man-made and/or added to ones found (before the public sees them... In other words, defaced).

Why the UK? Well, as other posters have mentioned they are found all over the world. I suspect they are pretty evenly distributed, too. We here in the US are a cynical lot, especially 'workin folk' who usually want to go through life with as little trouble as possible (ie-media attention, gov't attention, ruin of business/reputation/respect, possible loss of familial support/love). We generally stick to the party line, which is that all paranormal things are bunk, or if you're religious then it's from the Devil, (which would be something you wouldn't want your church going neighbors to know is going on in the community, specifically on your land. It's a bad portent). Anyway, I suspect most of the CCs that are found here in the US go unreported to national media, not that our media would take much interest in them anyway. We gotta keep our focus on more important things like Britney's next impending meltdown or which American Idol has talent, etc.

BTW, Diplomat, if memory serves me you're here in Sacramento, right? Remember the Rockville CC? Only got a cursory survey, no real measurements taken (magnetic, ultrasound, microscopic analysis, etc) yet it was sensationalised for a short time, then pretty much dismissed because a few miscreant teenagers with criminal records 'admitted' to making it.

Supposedly the locals knew who they were because these teens were always in trouble with the law. Not many actually considered that they may have been coerced to lie about hoaxing it in a deal to have their criminal records expunged or lessened. So I guess the claim of an admitted hoax is perfectly acceptable without gathering more data and/or having them show how they made it. You know, in court you can confess to doing all sorts of crimes, but the burden still falls on the prosecutors to prove that you actually did what you've claimed to, even if it's in their favor!... Well, in theory anyways.

Also remember, another poorly made obviously hoaxed CC was found near Vacaville shortly afterward. But there was also another CC discovered by another farmer at that same time down the road, which didn't receive media attention or investigation.

One more point, followed by some musings. The UK has more population per sq mile than the US, so anything out of the ordinary will have a better chance of being noticed. But I also suspect that the megalithic complexes found all over the UK (and Europe as well) might have something to do with it, too. Perhaps the makers of the phenomenal CCs understand what these structures were actually built and used for, of which knowledge has been lost to us through the centuries. Perhaps, they (extra-terrestrials, extra-dimensionals, extra-temporals, ancestors, contemporaries in the know) are showing us what is right under our noses, in plain sight... giving us clues where to look and what to be looking for...

For instance, I read recently that the Rollright stones give off a steady pulsing of frequencies in the ultrasonic range from 1-2 hours before sunrise up through until a few hours after sunrise. Some have claimed various things like nausea, elation, syncopy, etc while standing in the circle (The king's men) while this is happening. When a person is in the circle, the ultrasound stops. When they leave the circle, the ultrasound resumes again (singing stones, indeed). We can't hear ultrasound, obviously, but it can affect us. What other interesting phenomena go on generally undetected across the countryside? Piezoelectric effects produced by buried crystaline structures in 'sacred spots' through compressions/vibrations from the sun's heating of the land in the morning? Yeah, I'm going out on a long limb here, but I think our answers may come indirectly from a comprehensive approach. The next step is to come up with ideas and test em out, but no one seems to want or be able to do that, (myself included I guess).

In short, Diplomat, they happen right in our proverbial backyard, not just the UK. Sorry for the rambling, it's been a long day and I'm exhausted. Hope I made some sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

believers will make claims of ` mystic energies ` , leylines and such

skeptics will make claimls of ease of access , proximity to main roads and locality to hoaxers homes

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Why are crop circles always in Europe, and more specifically, always in England?

Because American farmers have shotguns.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dunno what you mean; American creativity at its finest

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36417a705d42.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

That picture is just.. epic. No sarcasm whatsoever intended, very funny... Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join