It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem like crop circles are always in Europe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why are crop circles always in Europe, and more specifically, always in England?

Is it because aliens like the UK area?

Or is it because the best human hoaxers who make these things live in the UK?

Or is it something else?

Edit: I made this thread because I just saw the new thread about a new crop circle, and before I opened the thread I thought to myself, "Hmm, I bet it's somewhere near England." And sure enough, it's in Wiltshire. Why not in Fresno, California? Or in some field in India?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
why are there no crop circles in canada? there is lots of space here ya know.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
well, you said it CORRECTLY in the title. It only SEEMS that way, because those are the ones that seem to get focused on the most.

Crop circles HAVE been found in all parts of the world, as well as sand circles, grass, stones, even water and ice seem to get em lol

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Almost all of them are in Wiltshire, England. I would say it is because there is a serious crop circle club in England. Also, it is good for tourism in that area.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
well, you said it CORRECTLY in the title. It only SEEMS that way, because those are the ones that seem to get focused on the most.

Crop circles HAVE been found in all parts of the world, as well as sand circles, grass, stones, even water and ice seem to get em lol

Yes, crop circles have been happening for a very long time all around the globe, but what about these new intricate crop circles? Are there any cases of these newer intricate crop circles happening anywhere other than the England area?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Can you give evidence of this: "sand circles, grass, stones, even water and ice." I have never seen that info before. Thanks for your help.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
They used to always seem go be in the US..

It's likely that the UK tabloids are simply reporting them more that anyone else.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Probably because they love us the most.. you know the "Island of Angels" and all that.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's because Europe is the only place worth visiting.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever
It's because Europe is the only place worth visiting.

Well it might be worth visiting, but if these crop circles are meant to be any sort of important message then why do they seem to always be near the UK instead of spread out throughout the world, and if they are spread out more around the world then why don't we notice more of those cases?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I would imagine that you would get shot at in the US if you started messing up a farmer's crop with silly crop circles. But that is just my take on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It could be that the UK is much much smaller than the US? If 3 crop circles are found in the US, and 3 in the UK... Which would get more press?

Or.. There could be a group of people flying around the globe creating these crop circles in different locations and then jumping to the next country. They were doing them in other countries before, are doing them in the UK now and they may move onto somewhere else after?

The aliens are planning an attack on the UK for whatever reason and need some directions to pin-point their navigation?

The point I make here, with no disregards to anyone's views as I am a strong believer that something or someone is out there... Is that, no one will tell us why all of a sudden more crop circles are being 'reported' in the UK over anywhere else... This is not to say that the crop circles are not happening anywhere else.

-Haribo

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Because Americans suck at Geometry and plotting out these intricate designs. I will add another meaningless line to fulfill my obligation.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Because Americans suck at Geometry and plotting out these intricate designs. I will add another meaningless line to fulfill my obligation.

Was that really needed, to say all Americans suck at geometry and plotting out these designs? I'm sure there are some that can do it just fine... Or if not, show some evidence that all Americans do in fact suck at creating crop circles...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

HAHA.
If I wasn't an American I might think that was funny.

But no, seriously, I suck at Geometry, but I DO bathe regularly.
And my wife shaves her pits.

Here in Kansas, where lots O them thar hillbillies live, we gots us lots crops. I reckon them thar alien guys are jus too skeered of gettin' thar butts blown off by ar scatter guns.

Do not most of the great art masters come from Europe? Yeah, Europeans can make pretty pictures, but we blow stuff reeeeeal good.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well it seems like the consensus here so far is that crop circles are man-made.

I'm not sure if crop circles really are made by ETs or if they're made by humans, but both are possible. But if humans are making some of these complex crop-circles then how are they doing it? Some of them lately have been so perfect and complex I can't help but wonder if maybe it's not humans making them...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure.. Supposedly a group or team of people can create something truly amazing to the eye in under a night using some sorts of laser guided equipment and what-not.

However, this also could be done in 10 seconds by something else? If you get what I'm talking about... We don't know how long it could take something out of this planet to create these and with today's technology, we cant ask them.

-Haribo

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Haribo

Lighten up buddy, it's a proven fact that, in general, US students lag behind other nations in mathematics, of which geometry is a sub catagory. I'm American and was just making a joke as well as giving a semi-serious reason why you don't see more of them in the U.S. Plus the Brits have a ton more experience making them. Now if you could make one with an ATV, then the U.S. would have tons of them! Yes, that was another joke there.....

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm on no ones side.. Do you know if I am not American too? No.. you dont, at all. Now.. ATS rules, say nothing personal or that could be read in anyway offensive, whether joke or not?

-Haribo

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Haribo]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
ok - a simple ` put up or shut up ` challenge for people who claim that circle creation is a world wide phenonemon

list all the circles that were created in 2008 - by country

if you want to make it easier - just stick to canada / the USA - the two nations with the hightest arrable productions in the world

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join