It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baton Rouge police censoring citizens at ACORN's request

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Someone should bring this to Bobby Jindahl's attention.

I doubt very much if he would agree with the cops' actions.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I suspect that some are concluding that the officer is taking the side of ACORN simply because the officer is black.

While others see an officer who's denying someone the right to free speech, I see an officer trying to maintain peace at a potentially volatile demonstration.

I don't see that the reporter was denied an interview with the subject, only that the officer prevented the interview from occurring in that location.

The bottom line is that if the officer tells you to move along, move along.

If you don't like it, you can file a complaint and have your day in court.

[edit on 2009/7/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I think you're right; the officer may have been trying to prevent escalation of activities. We will never know.

But sectioning off a parcel for ACORN's exclusive use wasn't right, imo.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

As I have said several times. after watching the video several times, it's hard to tell clearly what is happening. Everyone in that video is doing his best to comply with the officer, except the "reporter," who is highly unprofessional in my opinion.

She badgers the cop repeatedly even after the guy in the blue shirt thanks the cop for asking him nicely to do whatever it was he was asked. He then went over and had a conversation with the cop and the cop even put his arm on the man's shoulder in a friendly, non-threatening way.

Whatever went on on that sidewalk, the video does not give us enough information to conclude that what has been alleged actually happened.

It is my judgement that the officer is being exceptionally courteous and professional in the execution of his duties.

[edit on 2009/7/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What? "If the police tell you to do something, and you don't do it, then you are resisting, so you have to listen to them." This is the shear ignorance that is becoming more and more common throughout America. It is sad to see this happening. And she was so nonchalant about it as well. It's already becoming clear that there will be a separation throughout America soon. And I fear that it will turn ugly.

This is only one of many instances where stupid things like this has happened. Thankfully this one was caught on tape. I have personally seen what started as a conversation about politics, become almost violent, because those who support Obama will defend him to the death, and when they have no more legitimate verbal defenses, they result to name calling, and even violence.

Not too long ago, I witnessed a couple soldiers here almost come to blows talking about Obama's policies, and the one defending Obama first dropped the race card, and then became very hostile towards the other individual.

This is really starting to resemble Nazi Germany, on a VERY real level. Those who deny this need to study Hitler, AS WELL AS the POLITICS behind the Nazi party. (something that they don't teach in school anymore) Hitler's politics very closely resemble Obama's. I'm just waiting for the youth to become violent towards those who speak out against Obama and his administration. We have already seen the intimidation tactics at the voting booths in Philadelphia (black panthers etc...)

And to those who say that can't happen here, talk to someone who grew up during Hitler's rise to power. They all said "it can't happen here"

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ACORN may have had a permit to assemble there, under certain circumstances, and the other group may not have. We don't know.

Second, I believe that footage is taken in front of the Parish Court House in downtown BR. I'm sure the there are security concerns strictly related to the fact that it's a governmental building.

Third, what is relevant here that many people are unaware of is the racial instability that exists in BR. It is extremely segregated.

And due to a now infamous DVD, there is an undercurrent of real concern about gang violence that has the city on edge and combating some really bad PR. I'm sure the officers' main concern was avoiding any confrontations that could exacerbate the current situation any more.

To me, there's not enough information on the video to draw any conclusions except that maybe the person taking the video was looking for drama.

[edit on 29/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

In the late '90's this same police force literally built a permanent fence to separate abortion rights activists from anti-abortion activists during a planned rally. They manned the fence all the way down and anyone who who attempted to subvert it went to jail.

[edit on 29/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The only thing I don't like about ATS is every day I come here and see something like this (although not like this) and it infuriates me! I don't like being angry, but how can you not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join