It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Is Watching Your Blackberry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Big Brother Is Watching Your Blackberry

abcnews.go.com

Don't look now, but no matter where you go, you're connected. We -- or most of us, at least -- have opened our front doors to large corporations, hardware manufacturers, software firms and search engines.

We have allowed them to rifle through our jacket pockets and handbags. And now they can do as they wish with us, or do the bidding of the powers-that-be -- in the form of a totalitarian government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8180b8d4ed70.jpg[/atsimg]

I was having a mid-sized gathering this past Saturday at my home to celebrate my brother's birthday, everything was going very nicely, all were having fun, terrific current events topics were being discussed when we were all interupted by one of our guests noticing that her employer issued Blackberry display lights hadn't gone into it's usual sleep mood.

As we naturally started all to think that this was her problem not ours a group started to gather around her to witness her phone doing some odd things while it WASN'T in use. To make a long story short, she works for our local media as a reporter, she covers political issues on a local level and started to explain that it was probably TPTB listening in periodically or simply scanning her activities.

We all were amazed that she stated this out load so casually without a blink of the eye as if it was normal for our privacies to be intruded on. Then I came accross this article.

I know a lot of people believe that they have nothing to hide as they are not spies and lead pretty simple lives but it's wrong nonetheless!

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
slightly earlier thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

please direct your comments thataway

new topics

join