It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ehud Barak warns Iran of possible Israeli strike on nuclear facilities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ehud Barak warns Iran of possible Israeli strike on nuclear facilities

www.timesonline.co.uk

With the US Defence Secretary standing at his side, Ehud Barak, Israel’s Defence Minister, today warned Iran that a military strike on its nuclear facilities was still an option.

“We clearly believe that no option should be removed from the table. This is our policy. We mean it. We recommend to others to take the same position but we cannot dictate it to anyone,” Mr Barak said at a press conference with Robert Gates in Jerusalem.

The renewed threat of military action came a day after Hillary Clinton, the US Secretary of State, told Iran that its pursuit of nuclear ambitions was “
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's like the world is set to self-destruct and world leaders have become robots unable to change their own programming. Well just an analogy, not a conspiracy

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Things are heating up. I fear it is too late to diffue this situation. Have't seen the MSM reporting on much of this, but then again no big surprise there. I am sure CNN and FOX will let us know that Iran attacked Israel after the nukes go off. Well, at least that is how I think the MSM will try to play it. It feels like the whole world is going mad. I find that the majority of the sheeple will follow the rules and regulations that are invoked on them by TPTB and this war will happen and the consequences will be unimaginable. I hope I am wrong.

Loved this comment by one of the readers from that timesonline article. However, he has it backwards as far as Israel being the US lap dog. I think it's the other way around.

``How come whenever their seems to be a little understanding from the US regarding the middle east, israel has to pump up it's neighbours like always, by sounding off or throwing a load of missles into Gaza before a seizefire. I don't know who the nutters are. The US should pull their lap dog into order before, they get taught a lesson.``

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Israel is really not going to attack Iran. All they can do in attacking Iran is some limited damage to the infrastructure and invite a retallitory strike by Iran on their own.

If Iran is to be attacked it will be the U.S. without Israel and it will be with troops stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan already on Iran's borders and air craft and naval vessels already stationed in the region anf for the reason to affect REGIME CHANGE.

All this inane incessnt babbling by Israel is just to prepare the American public for bearing the cost of yet another Mid East War to benefit the oil companies and Israel and the Corporate Elite by having Israel constantly fan the flames of prejudice and hatred towards the Iranian regime to keep the American populace thinking the Iranian regime actually represents some danger.

Iran has attacked no one in it's history as an Islamic Republic and intends to attack no one as an Islamic Republic.

The only thing Iran threatens is U.S. Hedgemony over oil supplies and the ability to be used as a non-U.S. British controlled shipping point for oil piped out of old Soviet Republics.

People really should start seeing all this expensive inhumane bankrupting war mongering and prejudice for what it is and that really is what it is and all it is.

[edit on 27/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I really hate reading comments on stories like this on news sites,while on ATS i feel the people are aware of what is happening in the world and there is light at the end of the tunnel.Then i see that in actual fact my fellow brits are completely oblivious to the real truth,bathing in ignorance,and lapping up propaganda.They are still quoting *wipe off the map*...sigh,its so frustrating. The MSM and government have completely brainwashed my country...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

ALERT:
Separating the Persian Gulf from the Gulf of Oman is the Straits of Hormuz. The Strait is about 20 miles wide, but it is divided into channels, a GOING IN lane 2 miles wide and a COMING OUT lane also 2 miles wide. Those lanes are in turn separated by a NO GO zone about 2 miles wide. The other part of the Straits are too shallow for loaded super-tankers to traverse.

HISTORY.
Iran Air Flight 655 was a civilian airliner shot down by US missiles on Sunday July 3, 1988, over the Strait of Hormuz. All onboard were killed. IMO, it was an intentional act by the US Navy. Iran has never forgotten that act!

This tete a tete was a WARNING by the US to Iran that it would not allow interference with shipping in the Straits. The Iranians had been harassing US Navy boats with small craft like those used on the USS Cole 10 years later.

But the truth is, no matter how hard we would try to keep the straits open, Iran can close it anytime Iran is prepared to accept the casualties we would inflict on them. With a population of 70 million, that would be a price most Iranians would be prepared to pay. IMO. It would unite the people behind their Supreme Leader like nothing he could ever do on his own.

CONSEQUENCES.
All of Saudi oil, all of Kuwait oil, most of Iraq oil, all of Oman oil, and all of Qatar oil passes through the Straits. To my best knowledge, the US gets only 3-4 mbd - million barrels a day - from the Persian Gulf, of our 20-21 mbd consumption. (7 mbd is domestically produced). I can see oil passing the $500 a bbl in a day or two after a strike on Iran and pump prices here in the $10 a gallon range.

Yes, Israel and or the US could strike Iran most anytime. But if you think $147 oil brought down the world economy, then what will happen with $500 oil? I think it is Iran and not Israel that is in the CAT BIRD seat!

[edit on 7/27/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think this has already been posted, although there are so many "Isarel about to do bad things" style posts I lose track.

When they are going to attack, the very last thing the Israelis ever do is warn the target.

If they are talking openly about this, it's because it just isn't going to happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It is illegal in international law to harp on about attacking another sovereign state. By now on a technical basis Iran is fully entitled to take out this threat. Whether they can or are willing to do so is a different matter but it is clear that the belligerent is Israel.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

It is illegal in international law to harp on attacking another sovereign state. By now Iran is fully entitled to take out this threat. Whether they can or are willing to do so is a different matter but it is clear that the belligerent is Israel.

Israel has 20-300 atom bombs according to all the “authorities” I have read or heard on the talking head shows. Which PROVES one important fact! POSSESSING NUCLEAR WEAPONS DOES NOT MAKE YOU SAFE.

Although we claim France furnished the plutonium to Israel, I doubt that. The French do not GIVE AWAY things of value. I am of the opinion the US gave the plutonium to France which trans-shipped it to Israel for cover.

What we know factually about the Israeli nuclear weapons program came from an Israeli whistle-blower who is still in prison in Israel. A fine democracy that is!

Hyperbole is the stock in trade for Middle Easterners during any negotiations. It’s much like two pre-teen boys arguing whose father can whip whose father. 50% of the problems there are the result of the break-up of the Ottoman Empire after World War One. The Ottomans - modern day Turkey - joined with the Germans and Austro-Hungarians against the British, Russians and French, later joined by the Americans. Italy began the War on the Central Powers side but shifted to the Allied Powers side before the end of the war.

Some say due to Pres. Wilson’s “holier than thou” arrogance he was unable to get the Senate to affirm the Peace Treaty of Versailles that ended World War One. France and the UK divided the Middle East along boundary lines drawn in Paris with no regard for the people who lived there.

That is why Iraq is a mess! It went to the UK. Syria went to France as did a new country called Lebanon. Palestine - now Israel - and Jordan went to the UK. Arabia went to the family of King I’bn Saud who was a puppet of the British. Kuwait and the other Persian Gulf sheikdoms were also British protectorates. IE, colonies.

Iran was then called Persia and was under the influence of the Russians. As the Russians had surrendered to Germany during the war, the British replaced the Russians in Persia.

Everything in the Middle East was related OIL. The British won it all!

Because English Jewish bankers had saved British ‘chestnuts’ during the War, the Brits gave them the Balfor Agreement which allowed for Jewish colonization of old Palestine on a very small scale. Zionism was born.

Because European Christians had for a 1,000 years insulted Jews as ‘Christ Killers,’ the stage was set for Hitler’s Holocaust! Following War 2, Christians were stunned and shamed for what they had “done” to the Jewish people of Europe. To expiate their collective “sins” the white Christian people at the UN GAVE half the Land of Palestine to the Jewish survivors of the Holocaust BUT they did so without consulting the Arabs who lived there. The OTHER 50% of the problem.

And here we are today. We have created an insoluble problem.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Israel has far more than 200 bombs. They have been manufacturing them since the 60's. Israel has a stockpile and they also have ICBMs. They have everything Russia and the US do when it comes to nuclear technology. The scientists and technicians at Dimona are recognized as some of the best in the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The title is misleading-though I don't believe the OP realized it.

The article says no options have been removed from the table, the title is warns of possible strikes on Iran nuclear weapons facilities.

They imply two different things.

Either way, it makes it clear that Iran will not be allowed to have nuclear weaopns, one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Israel has far more than 200 bombs. They have been manufacturing them since the 60's. Israel has a stockpile and they also have ICBMs. They have everything Russia and the US do when it comes to nuclear technology. The scientists and technicians at Dimona are recognized as some of the best in the world.

YES on atom bombs. NO on ICBMs. I say NO because I have not heard about that. A weapon is not useful unless it has been tested. Just as the North Koreans are struggling to get a medium range rocket (missile) to work, so I have not heard of the Israeli's launching missiles of 1,500-3,000 miles range. And most assuredly not of 5,000 plus miles range. Me not hearing about it of course, does not make it so!

I have long accused Israel of ETHNIC Cleansing of the West Bank, East Jerusalem, Golan and Gaza. Now Gaza is just a worthless pile of rocks. The Israelis thought they could gain international support by unilaterally "giving" it to its imprisoned inhabitants. Oops! Backfire!

Israel has no intention of reaching any agreement with the Palestinians except to give them a one-way BUS ticket out of old Palestine. This constant and inexorable practice indulged by Israel has been on-going since 1967. How long must something continue to happen, day in, day out, before you finally GET THE MESSAGE and label it for what it is? ETHNIC CLEANSING!

[edit on 7/28/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
It is illegal in international law to harp on about attacking another sovereign state. By now on a technical basis Iran is fully entitled to take out this threat. Whether they can or are willing to do so is a different matter but it is clear that the belligerent is Israel.

You, of course mean Hamas, with it's threats, constact military attacks and, of course,m it's terrorists charter that says the jews and Isreal have no right to exist

You, of course, you mean Iran and it's constant threats to Isreal....

You, of course mean N.K with it's constant threats to the US/Japan/South Korea...

Yes, thank you Mason for reminding us of the real international terrorists.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I think this has already been posted, although there are so many "Isarel about to do bad things" style posts I lose track. When they are going to attack, the very last thing the Israelis ever do is warn the target. If they are talking openly about this, it's because it just isn't going to happen.

How can anyone argue Israel is NOT consciously performing an act of Ethnic Cleansing of all Arabs from the old Palestine Mandate? The excuses offered by Israeli officials smell to high heaven!

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip
– U.N. agencies and two dozen international aid groups urged Israel on Tuesday to lift its blockade of Gaza or at least allow in construction materials to repair war-damaged schools.

Out of Gaza's 640 schools, 18 were flattened and 280 suffered some damage during Israel's three-week offensive against Gaza's Hamas rulers SEVEN MONTHS AGO, the groups said in a statement.

Since the war, Israel has refused to allow construction materials into Gaza, arguing that Hamas could divert iron rods and concrete to build rockets and bunkers.

About 500,000 of Gaza's 1.4 million residents are of school age. Of those, nearly half attend schools run by the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, which cares for Palestinian refugees and their descendants. About 6,000 students will have to be reassigned to different schools because their old ones were rendered unusable by the war, said Numan Sherif, an official in the Education Ministry.

He said Gaza would also need 100 new schools just to keep pace with population growth.

Another U.N. official, Marixie Mercado, said aid groups meet regularly with Israeli defense officials on the issue. Mercado said defense officials allowed in text books, paper and some teaching kits. Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said the aid groups could not guarantee that construction materials intended for schools won't be diverted by militants.

"The point is, what will they do with iron, what will they do with cement?" asked Palmor. "Will it go to the schools? We have a good reason to believe it won't. This is not an abstract fear," he said. John Ging, the top U.N. aid official in Gaza, challenged that argument, noting that UNRWA keeps track of the supplies allowed into Gaza by Israel.

"We account for every sack of flour and we can equally account for every bag of cement," he said. "It's just a matter of political will to move forward on this issue. We'd like to get on with the job, and then be held accountable on whether we are achieving it or not."

Israel launched the offensive in late December to halt Gaza rocket fire on Israeli border towns. news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 7/29/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

For god sake ive been listening to these threats for the last five years. Just get it over with already!

We all know its gonna develop into world war 3, and billions will die..

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You, of course mean Hamas, with it's threats, constact military attacks and, of course,m it's terrorists charter that says the jews and Isreal have no right to exist

You, of course mean N.K with it's constant threats to the US/Japan/South Korea...

Very sloppy thinking mrmonsoon and as sloppy as a gas guzzling V8. You are of course equating Israel's actions with Iran. Iran has never invaded or occupied another people. Unlike Israel, Iran does not operate death squads suiciding opponents, false flagging operations around the globe and sustain sayanim networks like Israel does.

I don't ever recall Iran or any Iranian official making the same threats as Israel. However, if Iran is worth it salt I suspect that it would make alliances with other groups and nations under threat from Israel such as Hisbullah in the Lebanon.

Iran is not a constant threat to Israel, however, it is an obstacle to Israel's ambition to dominate the entire Middle East. In effect, it is a threat against a free hand for Israel and like a childish tantrum Israel screams about existential threats.

When you equate Israel with US/Japan/South Korea, in effect you are trying feign Israel as real country with legitimate concerns. You see last time you zionists associated Iraq with North Korea. After Iran it will be Syria and North Korea and after that, I surmise that zionists will want to pick off Sudan.

Existential meaning for Israel can only derived from a permanent state of crisis. Like a crime gang constantly up to no good, Israel gets jumpy when it gets too quiet.

[edit on 033131p://pm3119 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

Very sloppy thinking mrmonsoon and as sloppy as a gas guzzling V8. You are of course equating Israel's actions with Iran. Iran has never invaded or occupied another people. Unlike Israel, Iran does not operate death squads suiciding opponents, false flagging operations around the globe and sustain sayanim networks like Israel does.

I don't every recall Iran or any Iranian official making the same threats as Israel. However, if Iran is worth it salt I suspect that it would make alliances with other groups and nations under threat from Israel such as Hisbullah in the Lebanon.

Iran is not a constant threat to Israel, however, it is an obstacle to Israel's ambition to dominate the entire Middle East. In effect, it is a threat against a free hand for Israel and like a childish tantrum Israel screams about existential threats.

When you equate Israel with US/Japan/South Korea, in effect you are trying feign Israel as real country with legitimate concerns. You see last time you zionists associated Iraq with North Korea. After Iran it will be Syria and North Korea and after that, I surmise that you zionists will want to pick of Sudan.

The existential meaning for Israel can only derived from a permanent state of crisis. Like a crime gang constantly up to no good, Israel gets jumpy when it gets too quiet.

Wow Mason, your wrong and offttopic.

Ok, we will review everything you said for corredtness and truth...

"Very sloppy thinking mrmonsoon and as sloppy as a gas guzzling V8"
Ok, that is TAC violating personal insults

(BTW, when in a debate, a person moves to personal attacks, they automaticly lose, as personal insults means you can not counter what was suid with truth and logic).

" You are of course equating Israel's actions with Iran"
um, no, I am not. You are trying to go off topic, ignored as non-responsive.

" Iran has never invaded or occupied another people."
This is again off topic, and also false-read a history book, seriously.

"Unlike Israel, Iran does not operate death squads suiciding opponents, false flagging operations around the globe and sustain sayanim networks like Israel does."
Again, off topic, just trying to further your anit-Isreal/Jewish tripe.

But, just for the point, we know Iran is too cowardly to do it's own dirty work, but we all know that their lapdogsm Hamas and Hezbolla do.

"I don't every recall Iran or any Iranian official making the same threats as Israel."
Please, please tell me you are kidding, OMFG, you have got to be kidding.

"Iran is not a constant threat to Israel"
, OMG, that is so funny. And their nuclear bomb program is for peaceful energy making too?

"When you equate Israel with US/Japan/South Korea, in effect you are trying feign Israel as real country with legitimate concerns. You see last time you zionists associated Iraq with North Korea. After Iran it will be Syria and North Korea and after that, I surmise that you zionists will want to pick of Sudan. "

I believed you were able enough to understand that, clearly I was mistaken about your abilities, my appoligies, I will happily explain it to you.

You were ranting about breaking international law for threatening other countries.....
I provided examples of countries that are actively threatening other countries....
N.K. has repaetedly threatend the US, Japanand S.K. with war/attacks/nuclear attacks.........

Also, sorry to have to correct you again, but Isreal "is" a real country.
Just because you not feel it should be a country, does not change the fact of the matter, look it up, no, I will assit you with that also.

"The United States and the USSR became the first nations to officially recognize the country"essortment

"You see last time you zionists associated Iraq with North Korea"
Personal attack, off ttopic...again

Come on mason, try to stay on topic, with correct facts and leave your hating Isreal/Jewish people tripe in the bathroom, where it should be deposited.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 7/29/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good morning, or evening...

For some odd reason personalities are beginning to intrude into this conversation...

so I'm going to ask nicely,

KNOCK IT OFF!!!

thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
this may have gotten beyond many people, but.....

If and I do mean "IF" Iran were actually capable of attacking Isreals nuclear reactor, muchless its nuclear weapons, the results would be a disaster for the entire middle east.

One, radiation from the reactor would harm much more than Isreali population.....

It would effect Egypt, Jordan, Gaza, westbank, Syria, Saudi Arabia?......

I wonder how these countries would feel twards Iran if that occured???

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

this may have gotten beyond many people, but.....

If and I do mean "IF" Iran were actually capable of attacking Isreals nuclear reactor, muchless its nuclear weapons, the results would be a disaster for the entire middle east.

One, radiation from the reactor would harm much more than Isreali population.....

It would effect Egypt, Jordan, Gaza, westbank, Syria, Saudi Arabia?......

I wonder how these countries would feel twards Iran if that occured???

I thought it was always Israel that talked of attacking Iran. What's the point of saying "IF" Iran attack Israel? It should be the other way around. Unless you have come to some info to suggest otherwise?

Was there even a remote possibility of Iran attacking Israel for you to come up with that conjecture? It is like saying what IF Afghanistan attack US nuclear reactors. I just don't see your point. Unless you are trying to provide some justification for Israel's aggression on yet another sovereign country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join