It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Will Violate UN Space Law Which The U.S. Ratified.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Dear Aliens on the moon:

If you can't find a way to stop us from destroying you, then you are pathetic.

Seriously guys, I don't know if there are aliens on the moon, but if there is then I doubt NASA is gonna blow them up, lol. Besides if NASA tried I'm sure the aleins would put a stop to it very quickly.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Better safe than sorry when it comes to bombing a Moon

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, you are right on that one. At least I admit when making mistakes. Never seen you admit your mistakes, and you make quite a few.

Impact Sizes: The Centaur impact will excavate greater than 350 metric tons of lunar material and create a crater 66 feet (20 m) in diameter to a depth of 13 feet (4 m). The Shepherding Spacecraft impact will excavate an estimated 150 metric tons and with a crater 46 feet (14 m) in diameter to a depth of 6 feet (2 m).

spaceflightnow.com...

BTW, even NASA uses the term "bomb the Moon" which would imply the use of some explosives, and that's what I thought this was all about.
As seen in the articles I gave, the account from the OP can be found in other sources too, whether or not Colaprete made those comments.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Yeah and showing respect instead of name calling, and insulting people would have gotten your message accross much better.

Part of the reason we post threads is to discuss such threads, not to have some member insult other members and the OP because of any mistakes.

BTW, I did not say anything about "aliens"...if you do "due dilligence" you will find my statements were about the possibility of debris falling to Earth from the Moon from this impact.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

BTW, even NASA uses the term "bomb the Moon"...

Well, not sure it was NASA, but when Scientific American did it in their headline, it was a sad day for journalism, and a "win" for hyperbole.

BTW, even a water balloon dropped on someone could be called a "bomb"!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

so what's your opinion smart guy? are you okay with nasa launching a nuke at the moon? does that sound ethical to you?

Nuke?? What are you talking about.

At this point, I can only assume you are a troll trying to elicit responses by posting misinformation.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
...BTW, even NASA uses the term "bomb the Moon" which would imply the use of some explosives, and that's what I thought this was all about...

Perhaps NASA used those words, but could you please provide the source (or a link) to something written by NASA where they said they were "bombing" the Moon. Personally, I have only seen NASA use the words "impact" and "crash", but I could be wrong about that.

Even if they did use that word, a review of the mission parameters would show that they are not using explosives, but are simply impacting the surface with the upper stage of the centaur rocket that carried LCROSS to the Moon.

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Well, not sure it was NASA, but when Scientific American did it in their headline, it was a sad day for journalism, and a "win" for hyperbole.

To be completely accurate, Scientific American didn't write that article either -- it was written by Skymania.com. However, I do blame Scientific American for repeating that misleading article.

[edit on 7/28/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

BTW, I did not say anything about "aliens"...if you do "due dilligence" you will find my statements were about the possibility of debris falling to Earth from the Moon from this impact.

The article you cited did make the claim NASA could be bombing alien bases on the moon. As did others I addressed in my first post.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

There are many articles from different sources which use that same sentence.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

www.chron.com...

www.liveleak.com...

And of course, there is the scientific American article.

www.scientificamerican.com...

BTW that member who claimed that a water ballon could be called a bomb has got to be kidding.... Talk about "due diligence"....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
The article you cited did make the claim NASA could be bombing alien bases on the moon. As did others I addressed in my first post.

I very clearly stated in my OP why I was posting that article, and what i really saw as concern, and nowhere did i say anything about alien bases being attacked.

BTW, there is a big difference between a "water ballon" and a 5,216 pound rocket being dropped on top of anything....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So what does one call "Moon People" anyway?

I want to be politically correct.

1. Moonicans

2. Moontians

3. Moonies

4. Moonarians

5. Moondude

6. Moonians

It would be horrible to kill and then go to war without knowing what to call them.

Sad

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hate the stupid laws that people in the 60s put on the floating rocks of the Universe.

Idiots.

Violate away. Those laws should not be there. The ethics of floating space debris and barren rocks.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The authors of all of those articles are guilty of using a very poor choice of words.

You even said yourself in an earlier post that the term "bomb the Moon" implies to some people that explosives are being used. However, no explosives are being used, therefore my contention that "bomb" is a poor way to describe what they are doing.

Granted, "bomb" doesn't always mean "explosives". However, as you said, it implies the use explosives in many peoples' minds.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

it may cause a war with an alien race on the moon

lmao

really?? really? seriously.. lmao

I actually tried to write a real response to this but all I can do it laugh

lol

[edit on 29-7-2009 by nine0099thousand]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I hate the stupid laws that people in the 60s put on the floating rocks of the Universe.

Idiots.

Violate away. Those laws should not be there. The ethics of floating space debris and barren rocks.

I don't agree that there should be NO laws, however...

...the fact that this has been done before many times by many other countries without anyone ever seriously accusing them of breaking a law. So why would the U.S. be accused of breaking the law because of THIS particular Moon impact.

Precedent is a very important aspect of law, and the precedent here seems to be that the many previous moon impact missions have not been unlawful.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

BTW that member who claimed that a water ballon could be called a bomb has got to be kidding.... Talk about "due diligence"....

"due diligence"? **ahem**

Well --- enjoy this, then.

'Bombs Away'

(BTW, second vid will have conspiracy theorists come in and claim it's "fake". You can tell by the angle of the shadows, and the Sun in the camera lens). Obviously done on a sound stage.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I believe we would call them "Lunites".

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You've really got to learn what a "figure of speech" is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join