It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BC-Bob ask's I Post this for comment...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Not sure why... since there is no debate here B.C. Bob,

Let me draw your attention to some line items on the bill that is going through congress. I think one or two of you may object. sorry, the bill is so huge my ISP refuses to send it "Too Large" you can find it on the web.

PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 - Govt provides approved list of end of life resources.

PG 427 Lines 15-24 - Govt mandates program for end of life. .

Pg 429 Lines 1-9 - An "Advance care planning consultation" will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.

PG 430 Lines 11-15 - Govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.

final comment:
I feel all warm and coozy - dont you.... 65th birthday... useless human... time to die... the government has so mandated.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Do you think it's going to go through, Patriot?

Have we lost that battle already?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
final comment:
I feel all warm and coozy - dont you.... 65th birthday... useless human... time to die... the government has so mandated.

Yep it is what it looks like, no more retirement for the growing poor.

If you no longer can work... You die.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Um I plan on living around 300 years.

So if they even consider making age 65 mandatory death, you know to get rid of those expensive old timers.

I have 30+ years to arm myself and get ready to unleash hell.

What kind of RETARD tells you he is planning to kill you 30years from now?

That is more than enough time to plan ahead.

SO....that being said, you must be taking this all out of context and it does not mean that at all. Because that would be the stupidest thing I have ever heard the .gov say.

Giving me 30+ years to plan. Ridiculous

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In our lifetime, resources will become so scarce that drastic measures will have to be taken. They (the government) realize this now and are starting to put the wheels in motion to set this up. And I can tell you that we the people will not do a damn thing about it. We are so complacent in our lives that we will watch news specials with hidden video of some poor elderly woman "die with dignity" and we will shrug it off because this is happening to someone elses grandmother/mother and not ours.

Lets take for example China and the montrocities they commit. In China, you can only have a certain amount of children and if you go over that amount, your child is taken from you and sent to an orphanage. In this orphanage, the child is put in a "death room" and stays there tied to a chair until it dies. There are 1.3 billion people in China and noone does anything to stop this. Link to Story

Rest assured, our leaders know that we will do nothing to stop them! This will pass, either now or in the near future, it will pass!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Aww come on guys. Talk about hyperbole and senstaionalizing. Currently, 1/3 of Medicare payments go for care during the last year of life. The vast majority of medical professionals will tell you that the way end-of-life care is handled in this country is entirely screwed-up. The preferred approach, and one the is embraced by an increasing number of hospitals and hospice organizations is palliative care. This is intended to provide care that maximizes a terminal patient's quality of life during the end of their life.

The truth is, some people's conditions are terminal. Nothing can be done to change that. The idea in palliative care is to provide that kind of medical care that makes the patient as comfortable as possible. No heroics. No measures that do not contribute to their comfort and quality of life. That's all. No death camps. No medical assassination squads for the elderly and infirmed. Just sensible, caring medicine in place of doing procedures (and billing for them) just because we can.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is really a touchy topic for many people. I for one think we SHOULD have universal healthcare. People say it will make healthcare rationed....well is it not already rationed? You'll get dumped by your insurance company if you get a major illness in a heartbeat. If your already sick and have insurance and lose it (say changing jobs) they nail you with pre-existing conditions. I'll say that i think just about everything the gov't touches they tend to screw up, but i'll also say that SOMETHING needs to change, how we go about doing it is what needs to be figured out.

On a side note, do people not realize that its BIG business to keep terminal patients alive for an extra month or two. A lot of the time these people are kept alive and in agony, or in cases like stroke victims they simply lay there, trapped inside a body that does not work and could not survive without massive life support. I don't know about you, but i'd rather just die than live trapped inside a shell, unable to communicate or move.

top topics

join