It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONE YEAR!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
On May 11th, 2003, AboveTopSecret.com moved from a shared-space web hosting service, to our first Pentium-based dedicated server. Eight months later, we outgrew that over-stressed Pentium box, and are now on a hot-rod Dual-Xeon machine. In one year, we've grown in so many ways, it's hard to find the tiem to list them all! To celebrate this one-year anniversary only geeks can appreciate, we'll soon be launching an amazing webmail system with the following features:
  • membername@abovetopsecret.com e-mail addresses.
  • Powerful WYSIWYG editor for HTML or RTF emails. (IE only)
  • Ability to create or remove custom message folders.
  • Fully supports the MIME email format and HTML messages.
  • Ability to send attachments with outgoing messages.
  • Integrated address book with unlimited contacts.
  • Integrated personal calendar.
  • Vacation or out-of-office auto-responder.
  • Save outgoing messages and send them later.
  • Powerful SpamAssassin server-side spam filtering.
  • MailScanner virus scanning and prevention.
  • 10,000+ Domain anti-spam blacklist.
  • Powerful message rules and spam filtering system.
  • Advanced user interface, including context menus and intuitive message selection. (IE only)
  • Sort messages based on several terms, including date, subject, sender, importance and more.
  • Strong security measures to assure your privacy.
  • Special log-in persistence that allows you to resume actions after being logged out.
  • Control which columns show up when viewing the message list.
  • Search e-mail messages using a powerful search engine.
  • Optional sound when new mail arrives.
  • Personal signatures.
  • Future integration with MyATS and the ATS Discussion Board.
This will be one of the Internet's most amazing free webmail services. Normal price for these accounts will be 15,000 ATS Points. But for the first three days of the new service, they will cost 5,000 ATS Points. To celebrate our One-Year of Massive Growth: For the next one week, any ATS member who shows us one of their board post from before May 10th, 2003 will receive a free account, no points needed. This shows our gratitude to our long-time members. Post a link to your 1+ year-old thread within this thread. Watch for announcements this week of the new ATS WebMail service! Sign-up will be in the ATS Store before the end of the week. [Edited on 10-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Finally, I claim [email protected]

Unless I think of something better in the next couple days.

Big thanks to SO for this great oppurunity, I really appreciate it.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I cannot wait to get my ATS e-mail account. It has a lot of great features. Thanks all the people who made it possible to have such a great e-mail addy.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!...on month or so off

Ill save up for 5000 points....

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How can we buy these accounts? I don't see it at the store.

If it is going to be done by request, I request an email account [email protected]

i got the points. Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
How can we buy these accounts? I don't see it at the store.

Well do I have to make a formal request?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

For the next one week, any ATS member who shows a board post from before May 10th, 2003 will receive a free account, no points needed.

basically anyone that has made a post prior to this date will get a free email account? right? or am i retarded and read this incorrectly?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Has anyone read this specific line?

To celebrate our One-Year of Massive Growth:
For the next one week, any ATS member who shows a board post from before May 10th, 2003 will receive a free account, no points needed. This shows our gratitude to our long-time members.

*edit*.........Prank beat me to it.

seekerof

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
To celebrate our One-Year of Massive Growth:
For the next one week, any ATS member who shows a board post from before May 10th, 2003 will receive a free account, no points needed. This shows our gratitude to our long-time members

Wait now that I read it closely does that mean if I produce a single post dated May 9th or earlier then I can get an account? The line does not specify whos post it has to be.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If you read SkepticOverlord�s post it says �[email protected] e-mail addresses� , to me it seems you don�t have the ability to choose a username. If you purchase an e-mail account it will automatically assign your screen name you use at ATS. So there is no need to reserve your name.

Btw � Thank you SkepticOverlord for providing this service to the members of this board.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord,

Can you post a screenshot of the e-mail program?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Free Enchildas!

emails4tehwinz0r

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
KayEm and myself married on 10 May 2003, One day before the new ATS server appeared.

Tomorrow will be our first anniversary.
Does that mean we get free emails

(Must remember to visit store and collect celebratory drink )

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Congratulations to all of the fine folks here at ATS!

*just wishes he found the site alot sooner!*

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hi all!!

A GREAT initiative - kudos to all at ATS: truly the board which rocks mightily!!

ps: congrats to Pisky and KayEm on your anniversary!!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard Can you post a screenshot of the e-mail program?
The current prototype.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks SO, the interface looks really clean.
Will we have the ability to save our �received� mail?

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hmm...
well I won't be getting one, for 15,000 points it looks pretty standard, I'll stick to hotmail.

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by LadyCool21]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The email system will support only this when launched... (your ATS member name)@abovetopsecret.com We will offer the ability to purchase redirect e-mails like this... (anything)@denyignorance.com which simply redirect the @denyignorance.com mail to your @abovetopsecret.com WebMail account. But these DenyIgnorance redirects will not be immediately available. The reason we're going with [email protected] is because the system already exists to prevent duplicate membernames on the board. These accounts are much more advanced than hotmail, with SpamAssassin Bayesian�spam filtering, integrated calendar, and eventual integration with the board. [Edited on 10-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join