It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Haven't We Heard About This Aspect of Professor Gates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

A recent New York Post story brought up a point about the arrest of Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. that few in the Old Media have paid much attention to. Apparently, Gates has since the arrest announced he is in the early stages of involvement in a PBS TV series on civil rights in America. It is odd that this single fact has not been a focus of much discussion.

After all, if Gates is about to start a TV show about civil rights, what better way to punch up that participation than to "suddenly" get mixed up in a national civil rights "abuse" case? What better way to highlight America's civil rights problem than to become a nationally known victim of so-called racism?

Why is no one asking how long Gates has been in the planning stages of this TV show? Was he planning it since before the arrest? It all leads one to wonder if Gates saw an opportunity to gin up interest in his TV appearance by becoming a victim? Instead of experiencing any actual racial tension, did Gates invent his own ready-made, sensational incident to turn his scholarly civil rights discussion into the quintessential TV reality show extravaganza? Was all this just a TV stunt in Gates' mind? Was it mere opportunism?

The New York Post quotes Gates as having said, "My unfortunate experience will only have a larger meaning if we can all use this to diminish racial profiling . . . I look forward to studying the history of racial profiling in a new documentary for PBS."

newsbusters.org...

In the words of The Church Lady "How Convenient". I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere in the major outlets. The arresting officer was immediately put on trial in front of the nation by our illustrious President and yet no one questions the motives of Professor Gates. The 911 tape is due to be released today and I would imagine that this will shed some more light onto the situation.

A little more on Gates: He slams Gingrich and Clarence Thomas and just seems a little bitter. Judge for yourself.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Did obama know the skin color of the officers before his press conFerence aNd ManAge to call the police on professor gates too?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

BOSTON — Cambridge's police commissioner says the 911 caller who reported a possible break-in at the home of black Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. did not mention race during the call.

Attorney Wendy Murphy said Whalen — who has not spoken publicly — only saw the backs of two men on Gates' porch and did not know their race. Murphy said Whalen was aware of recent break-ins in the area.

www.foxnews.com...

More details are slowing emerging. Obama should have waited for these details before he opened his rather oversized mouth.

As for the beers served at Obama's little get together with Gates and the Police Officer... I suspect that Obama has a large stockpile of Zima in his fridge. In the spirit of Gates comments in the video clip, I would have to believe that he will most likely brown bag his own malt liquor of choice.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I wonder why all the media attention on Gates's arrest when in New Jersey something like 44 people were arrested on corruption charges and organ harvesting charges... Mayors, various officials and Rabbis.

Is the whole Gates affair a distraction?

'How convenient' Indeed.

Gates arrest: July 16- Obama's comments on Gates arrest: July 22, media frenzy crescendos on July 23rd.

New Jersey arrests: July 23!

HMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well, here's my take on the whole situation. Prof. Gates seems to me a racist and anything that happens to allow him to holler "it's because I'm black" he takes advantage of. And yes, Obama should have kept his mouth shut until he knew ALL of the details.

If the news stories were correct and Prof. Gates refused to show ID, then too bad for him. If a law enforcement officer asked me to provide proof I lived in my home after somoeon thought I was breaking in, I'd gladly provide it and be thankful that someone was kind enough to report what very well could have been a true break-in.

I only have two questions about this.

1: Who was the neighbor that called it in and were there problems with this neighbor in the past? Could the neighbor have been a different race, if so why not start hollering and accusing his neighbors of being racist???

2: Why was Obama bi-racial during the elections and primaries, and now he's black? It was brought up somewhere the other day and someone accused white non-Obama supporters as racist. How'd that happen? Reverse Michael Jackson syndrome? And the odd thing is, he does seem to look darker now.

Bottom line, I do think Prof Gates is using this to his advantage to promote himself.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It seems that Gates is pretty obsessed with racism and likely blew this thing out of proportion as a result of this PBS documentary. I can tell you that in this city if you give any lip to a cop no matter what color you are they will cuff you and arrest you. I am surprised they didn't mental health arrest the man if he was acting that crazy.

I would love it if there were a recording of the event. I do think the Cambridge police made themselves look bad by dropping all charges, almost an admission of guilt. As far as Obama, he didn't have the teleprompter on so he had no gauge for his comments. Hope he doesn't blow it like that on some really important issue. IDIOT.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here it is...the info from the 911 call. I don't know if the audio as been posted yet.

www.foxnews.com...

The caller in the July 16 tape repeatedly said that she didn't have a good vantage point and could not see what the two men trying to get in the home looked like.

"They were two larger men -- one looked kind of Hispanic but I'm not really sure, and the other one entered and I didn't see what he looked like at all," she said. "I just saw it from a distance."

The caller made clear that she wasn't sure whether she had seen an intruder or an actual resident of the home.

"I don't know if they live there and they just had a hard time with their key, but I did notice that they kind of used their shoulder to try to barge in and they got in," she said.

She said she probably wouldn't even have noticed the activity, but that a "concerned neighbor" brought it to her attention.

I just hope that Henry Gates and his buddy Barry are happy with themselves. Maybe Gates will just hide a spare key or show the cops his ID the next time he is asked to produce it.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If he overreacted -- OK. But, it is starting to look more like he is after publicity for his documentary. Why aren't people calling him the racist? The video clearly confirms this -- he's not getting sympathy from me.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I suspect that Obama has a large stockpile of Zima in his fridge.

OMG that's funny!

And he'll try to serve it as the 'manly beer between fellas' thing ...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

That scandal invovles mostly democrats (with one Republican), which is why the media is ignoring it. The MSM always distracts or covers up democrat scandals. At least, I've noticed it happening for the last 8 years. Every report I have seen about it omits party affiliation.

top topics

join