It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New pics of the moon, Ah oh.. someone didn't do a good job with their air brush.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Finally, a new LRO picture, added july 27th

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

hmm, it still says "Uncalibrated data"

[edit on 28-7-2009 by conar]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package
Now you are going to have the majority of the uneducated who just believe anything these misinformationalists tell them without checking it out themselves...

That's funny -- I say the same thing about the Moon Hoax misinformationists.

It seems to me that if the people who believe the Moon hoax proponents would just check those theories out for themselves using critical thinking skills, we would have far fewer moon hoax believers.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54
reply to post by kinda kurious

Good one, there is no way something of that height could cast a shadow over a mile long which there is no doubt, that shadow is in that range. Hence there is no way that is the shadow of the lander.

The resolution of the picture is 1.5mtr/pixel so to be a mile long
thats 1609 mtrs divided by 1.5 = 1072 pixels

this picture is post above yours!!!!!

img232.imageshack.us...

If you knew anything about the photographs you you would not make statements like you did above.

Zoom in on the LROC pictures the lander is about 3-4 pixels across.

Here is a long shadow pic for you

boxman.awazo.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This is easy to Google for yourself.

and i did. if you google the area where the a-11 eva you can see the flagman and towards its left about 500 meters you can see two craters or so it may seem but i reckon the one on top is a hill and and the other is a crater or some sort of depression. and if you zoom it in on that depressed area you can see traces of airbrushing. whats that for? it it wasnt that significant why do they have to airbrush it? and if you go on zooming in on those dark patches that look like crater shadows you will find those traces.why and what are they really? thanks for those infos...and if they are shadows then why the airbrushing? nasa not comfy with shadows?
i do believe the a-11 crew did land and explored the moon so with the possibility that they did found "ancient ruins" it could only be nearby from where they landed could not be that farfetched...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by enkira]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
Interesting picture, unfortunately it really seems to show nothing, there are probably a hudred similar shadows on the moon that create the same sort of shadow,

I'm pretty sure there are telescopes availible that would be able to see close ups of the landing sites.

Anyone know where to find coordinates of any landing on the moon?

Telescope are built for light gathering power NOT overall magnification the max the Hubble can magnify is about 5000x so the moon would look 238,000 / 5000 = 47.6 miles away a lander is about 15ft across.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Article: Nice quotes about similarity to lunar surface.

Well, of course, when testing the equipment for use on the Moon, you'd want something as near similar as possible.

BUT, no matter how hard you try, the color will never match:

Station 1 boulder prior to sampling (AS17-134-20394)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

OK, I see your point. I also found this photo which for me makes a case for expanse of terrain and negates use of front screen projection. (At least exclusively.)

www.hq.nasa.gov...

This photo is one of the widest I've found including LM. However, I am currently comparing it to LRO view of A15 and finding no common match points of reference.

Hey I'm a human pendulum. Regards...KK

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

This "soundstage" is much, much bigger...

This one's better:

[edit on 28 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Well, of course, when testing the equipment for use on the Moon, you'd want something as near similar as possible.

Why certainly (Check out the gold bling...rims and tires and a big subwoofer.)

But of course (Hello....OnStar?...I think I'm lost.)

Indubitably (Man, we gotta get Fluffy off canned and switch to dry.)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So what do you guys make of this tower shape I discovered on the 25th, not far from the Apollo 15 landing site?

TOWER

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey
So what do you guys make of this tower shape I discovered on the 25th, not far from the Apollo 15 landing site?

TOWER

Your using google moon resolution is lower than the LRO pics
is it visible on them?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey

Is it visible from LRO imagery?

A15 Landing site: www.nasa.gov...

Image from here:
www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 29-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It does not look like a tower, we can only see a dark area that can be just that, a darker area of the ground. I will try to find it in a better photo.

To those that asked, no, that area is not visible in the LRO photo, it's just west of Rima Hadley (in fact, the white area is the beginning of the slope of Rima Hadley, that dark "object" is on the rim).

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks ArMap, I am hoping for................

[edit on 29-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

All higher definition photos that I could find of that area do not have that dark spot.

As it looks like dust on the photo and it does not show on the other photos I think that's really dust (or some small particle) on the photo.

Photo from Lunar Orbiter 5, LO5_105_med

Photo AS15-96-13011 from Apollo 15 (click for full size)

Photo AS15-87-11720 from Apollo 15 (click for full size)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join