It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Launches Nuclear Submarine: To blunt Chinese naval presence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the INS Arihant is a boomer - 1 of only 6 countries to have them and 1 of only 4 countries to have the nuclear triad

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I think India is right to at least APPEAR as though they are doing something to make China think twice about absorbing India into the fold.

I don't know that ONE sub is going to do it. Nuclear subs can be sunk just like any other.

If China starts marching, I don't think they can be stopped.

The mistake many in the West make is to think of China more than it really is. Sure they have a few hundred nukes and a sizable military but compared to the US and even Russia today they are still a minor player with modest technology. On the other hand India we hear just small sound bites now and then but you have to remember that they have a million odd military armed to the teeth who are highly motivated and have decades of experience fighting with Pakistan. I'd say they'd be easily a match for the Chinese who have never fought a battle for almost 50 years. And while one nuke sub may be nothing much, they do have enough nukes and delivery options to smoke Shanghai, Hong Kong and Beijing simultaneously from multiple points within their border.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Does not matter, unless there has been a name changed, China is ruled by a communist party. Which stillmakes china a Communist country.

I completely disagree

During Bush was the U.S. being run by republicans or neocons?
Remember republican party originally stood for limited govt. and a sensible foreign policy.

lol, and to add to that are neo-conservatives even conservative?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Dear Warmonger, India doesn't have SLBMs yet and have no land-based missile able to reach beijing.

And I agree with Solomons and ModernAcademia, China is not a communist country. Indeed, IMHO, communism has never existed. I mean the real communism, not the crap in NK. You can't decide its nature just based on name.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamspark

Dear Commie lover,

India has had the ability to land a nuke of Beijing for some time now. This is common knowledge to most people. They also have a working SLBM in the K-15 that was they have tested.

China is communist because the state controls the means of production and the means of supply directly, either through ownership or policy. The tell tale sign of gross disregard for human rights and human liberty might have also been a clue to the discerning!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
the K-15 has allready been tested and is ready for operational deployment in 2010:

indiatoday.intoday.in...

The Defence Research and Development Organisation is to conduct the final test launch of the K-15, India's first submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) from off the coast of Visakhapatnam on Tuesday. The missile can carry a one-tonne nuclear weapon to a distance of 700 km.

On Tuesday, the calm sea around Vizag will be breached by the roar of a missile rising from under the sea, geyser-like. Climbing to a height of five kilometers, the missile will ignite a solid booster which will arc it to a distance of over 700 km over the Bay of Bengal.

submerged launch to full range of the SRBM class missile in feb last year - BUT india are readying the SLBM version of the Agni-III - firmly in the IRBM range

frontierindia.net...

[edit on 27/7/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Every time India does something like this it warms my heart.
For some reason, still unkown to me, I'm an India fan-boy.
If the US should have allies, India should definitely be one of them. they're an up-coming super power, and it's my belief that India combined with the (hopefully soon reformed to be more free) US along with the rest of our NATO allies (and S. Korea) could keep China/N.K./Russia/terrorist groups at bay.
Lets hope our leaders look at it the same way.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djon01

Every time India does something like this it warms my heart.
For some reason, still unkown to me, I'm an India fan-boy.
If the US should have allies, India should definitely be one of them. they're an up-coming super power, and it's my belief that India combined with the (hopefully soon reformed to be more free) US along with the rest of our NATO allies (and S. Korea) could keep China/N.K./Russia/terrorist groups at bay.
Lets hope our leaders look at it the same way.

The USA and most of the Nato allies(mostly britain) have caused mass destruction of countries,killed millions upon millions of people through economic genocide and arming groups/dictators around the world...It would be a better world if the UK and USA's military industrial complex,central banks and oil companies did not exist...or atleast were not run by cold blooded psychopaths and killers.Sleeping with the devil leads to a bad future...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join