It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I can agree to a correlation to sun-spots to global issues more so than man-made issues that affect the planet. I personally think that it is arrogant to think we have that great of an impact.*

*note, I say global climate change, not pollution. Keep those flame-throwers on low, kids. . .

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well, read those links. Interesting. What struck me though, was that every case illustrated was 5,000 to 12,000 years ago.

If we are entering another period like you described, then it is likely cyclic in nature and not man-made. Or where there John Deere tractors 10,000 years ago?

I do wish AL Gore was there 10,000 years ago, but that's just my humble opinion. . . .

Like I said... I'm not claiming to know the cause... just that a rise in global temperatures over a time does lead to general cooling as well.

Thanks for following up and reading the links mike.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It is getting down into the 40s and 50s at night and 90-95 in the daytime in Va. But it didn't get this cold at night until December 07-January 08 (which was also weird). There are strange patterns of weather, but I don't think that it can be put into a certain category, because one year its warming, the next it is cooling. We need to focus on the actual events/data instead of generalizing this into and "ice age" or "global warming". I also have noticed some weather manipulation around my way, but I'm not sure if that ties into the big picture or not.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlurryEye

Could you elaborate on the "weather manipulation" you have seen around your way?

Thanks...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlurryEye

I also have noticed some weather manipulation around my way...

Ya know, I'm in VA, and see no such thing.

Unusual weather like this is actually --- ermm, not that unusual, if you check into historical records.

Saw today on The Weather Channel a heat wave in the high nineties in the NorthWest USA, records breaking (and drought conditions) in South and West Texas.

El Nino/La Nina, anyone??

What about the 'Dust Bowl' of the depression era? Certainly that wasn't 'man-made'?

I say, the best thing to do is try to encourage non-polluting energy sources, and let the planet take care of herself. LAST thing we want to do is start trying to 'tweak' it!!! There are too many variables, not enough information. Just roll with it.

[edit on 26 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The anthropomorphic global warming crowd will argue that the thermohaline circulation warming and melting the Arctic only (ignoring the growing ice in most other areas) has been caused by the CO2 put into the atmosphere by mankind and is causing the current cooling trend. They conveniently ignore the very predictable and cyclic nature of the earth warming and cooling throughout history. As you noted, there were no John Deere tractors back then. They ignore this inconvenient truth.

As is usually noticed by people who can think for themselves, if you "follow the money" you will see that all of this proposed legislation to "fix" "global climate change" leads directly to GE's and Al Gore's bank accounts. Programs such as cap and trade only make money for those that run them - they don't actually decrease any contaminants or harmless CO2 put into the atmosphere.

And yes, I agree that we should lower pollutants put into the air, but I don't believe pollutants have anything to do with "climate change".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
all this week in oregon and SW washington we are breaking high temp records according to the weather sites.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Yes, but we also broke all kinds of cold and snow records this past winter. We're getting both warming and cooling this year.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah, weather here in southern Wisconsin is strange. Just day after day of mid-70's with showers. Usually it's hot and humid all day/night over the summer....or the majority of it anyway. It's like we're stuck in mid-spring instead. Darn skeeters are still bad though

On the plus side, I've actually been able to get out on my bike without turning into a sweaty blob after 2 seconds!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think we need to come up with a government program encouraging more carbon use so we can stop this extreme Global Cooling or we could end up in an iceage.

Set a level of carbon useage for businesses and if the business EXCEEDS the amount....give them a tax break!

Don't worry! Sometime within the next twenty years liberals are going to pass legislation mandating the use of SUV's and criminalizing hybrids and electric vehicles...all while blaming republicans for destroying the SUV industry and forcing everyone to drive golf carts! And their stupid, ignorant, indoctrinated voters will swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

It will come under the guise of "saving the planet from an ice age."

There is another paper that came out recently from 3 Australian scientists that dispute man made GW/CC.

Article

Edit for spelling

[edit on 26-7-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by mikerussellus

The anthropomorphic global warming crowd will argue that the thermohaline circulation warming and melting the Arctic only (ignoring the growing ice in most other areas)

Could you point me to information on this... I'm very interested to find out where ice is growing.

has been caused by the CO2 put into the atmosphere by mankind and is causing the current cooling trend. They conveniently ignore the very predictable and cyclic nature of the earth warming and cooling throughout history. As you noted, there were no John Deere tractors back then. They ignore this inconvenient truth.

As is usually noticed by people who can think for themselves, if you "follow the money" you will see that all of this proposed legislation to "fix" "global climate change" leads directly to GE's and Al Gore's bank accounts. Programs such as cap and trade only make money for those that run them - they don't actually decrease any contaminants or harmless CO2 put into the atmosphere.

And yes, I agree that we should lower pollutants put into the air, but I don't believe pollutants have anything to do with "climate change".

You know you bring up a great point. I think that part of the "anti-global warming" political movement is whipped up to stop any lowering of pollutants.

Although I can't say whether or not pollutants cause global warming, I do know they cause human deaths in the form of cancers etc.

It's sad that we can't even talk about lowering pollutants without someone bringing global warming into the picture.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

What you wrote makes sense.

GE, Al Gore, that whole crowd should be jailed. And if history is any indicator, 100 years from now they will be laughing stocks, and examples of mans' arrogance and the mind-set that followed them.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could anyone gather some information stating when the most Temp records were broken in a given month. Because this areticle doesn't state this trend as being a problem more of just like, "Hey check this crap out!". So does anyone know what year and month the most temp records ever broken is, because I doubt it was in the last 30 years.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-20th century and its projected continuation. en.wikipedia.org...

I'm so confused??? Which is it? If the above statement is factual, then the OP indicates an end to the 'global warming' phenomena. As does the decrease in the number and intensity of hurricanes, which were supposed to be increasing. Remember that fear-mongering announcement, after Katrina?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Link to growing ice caps

icecap.us...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

You should read this article about how global warming will make Europe cooler.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Now there are more members who apparently are understanding the reality that Climate Change is natural.

When I started responding about articles on "global Warming" back in 2004-2005 in these forums, i decided to look at the info on both sides, and I found tons, and tons of "peer-reviewed data" which disagrees with the claim that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for "Global Warming".

When I started posting this evidence I kept being told that i was a "government spook", and many members kept getting on me for giving information that debunked the claims of the Global Warming crowd.

It is actually good to see that more, and more members are seeing that what is happening is NATURAL Climate Change, and not the hoax of Global Warming, as it is being used to implement global taxes, and to control us more.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Link to growing ice caps

icecap.us...

Although that link goes to great lengths to debunk global warming, it doesn't show any data about growing ice caps....

Could you clarify please?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's inside the page. Read it earlier this morning.

Gonna go feed some ducks with my 6 year old now.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sorry Hunka but the claims made in that link have been debunked many times.

The North Atlantic Conveyor belt hasn't stopped, and there has been research that shows there has been warming in the oceans which was not caused by GHGs.

If GHGs were the cause for the warming claimed by the Global Warming crowd, we would see hotter temperatures in the worse polluters in the world, but we don't. Also areas that are far away from the pollution of large cities, such as the poles, have been the areas of most warming. Which is another piece of the puzzle that shows that the ongoing Climate Change was never, and is not being caused by anthropogenic CO2.

The claim that warmer weather brings malaria to new areas is wrong. There have been epidemics of so called "tropical diseases" in cold regions, such as Siberia, and in other places such as high in the Andes mountains.

Experts in diseases have debunked the lies that warmer climates will bring malaria and other tropical diseases.

Just like it has been debunked that warming oceans will cause dramatic hurricanes, when in fact the most that hurricane strength would increase is 1%- 2%, which in a 100 mph hurricane would mean an increase in winds of 1 - 2 mph. Nothing more, and nothing less.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join