It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joaquin Phoenix??????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I thought i'd ask this question coz to me it seems a little strange that he just dissappeared from the spotlight....

Has anyone actually seen Joaquin Phoenix since he apparently gave up the Art of Acting?
Have any recent photos been published of him out and about?
Is he still alive?
Has he been murdered?

There is no proof of anything actually happening but i thought i'd put it out there...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Do a search for him on youtube. There's lots of videos of him acting strangely. He did Letterman and looked like he was on drugs.

There is also a video of him doing his "music" on stage. He's trying to do rap music now. It's very bad, but to each his own.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

He does rap music now

Im not even joking either.

I saw some video of him performing live and he was rapping and jumping around the stage. Then i think he fell off it.

He's lost the plot

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
and my question is.
Why is this important to us?
people really have to stop caring bout these celebrities like their opinions or beliefs are any more important than your own.

Enjoy their movies or music, but after that, let it go.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

So he is on drugs now and pranicing about on stage? Very weird!!! How old is he?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Apparently, his last film was in 2008. I don't follow actors' careers much, just did a search at imbd.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

He is 34 years old.

On February 11, 2009, Phoenix made an appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman to promote his film Two Lovers. He was largely unresponsive towards Letterman's questions about the film and his acting career. When the audience laughed at his hip-hop aspirations, he complained to Letterman that he was not joking around.[31][32] At the end of the interview, Letterman said, "Joaquin, I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight," followed by laughter and applause from the audience.[33] In an interview given earlier the same day for CinemaBlend.com the actor seemed completely coherent.[34] Ben Stiller parodied Phoenix's external appearance, posture and performance as an awards co-presenter at the 81st Academy Awards ceremony.

Phoenix jumped off the stage to attack a heckler during a concert in Miami in early 2009.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dont know about the drugs but his brother River Phoenix dies from a drug overdose in 1993.

[edit on 01/06/09 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
He and River, with the rest of the family were with the Children of God. In my opinion a very weird cult/group, many of the children who grew up within those communities have grown up with drug problems. The leader I believed preached paedophilia and incest, actively encouraged it. I watched a documentary years ago about it so the details I have are sketchy, but River went pretty much off the rails before he died from a speedball OD...nasty way to go, same way as John Belushi...anyway, I am sure that there is an unusually high number of these kids who have died via suicide and overdoses. Also, Joaquin, or Leaf as he was then known, was a child star (Space Camp), all the Pheonix kids worked to support the family, can't have been great fun if your heart wasn't in it. Perhaps he is letting his hair down. I hope so, I would hate for him to end the same way as River.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

34 years of age and he's only now getting into hip hop music? ha! ha!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I think he's pulling a trick, but anyhow i thought he was one of the best actors of this time...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
here's the deal IMO with Joaquin phoenix

he is doing this retire from acting/ rap thing for 2 reasons

he wants to see how much PUBLICITY he can get from the media based on their NOTION he is having a britney like "fall from grace" and also he is genuinly curious to see (like a challenge) if he could make it in the music world in some genre that seems like a long-shot for him ...he also wants a break from movies and he is a bit wacked out.

casey affleck said something to a group of media (since casey follows joaquin with a camera nearly all the time) that people have been brainwashed or naive enough thru TV watching to assume that everything is either 100% real or 100% fake.......and that there are 1000 shades of grey. I can't remember where i read that it was at someone's house while i was just waiting to go out

[edit on 26-7-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Supposedly he is actually filming a documentary with Casey Affleck about Americas obsession with fame and celebrities....and their fall from grace. That is supposed to be why he was acting so strangely out in public for a while, and now no one has heard anything from him.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

I would love that to be true.
It is a very clever idea indeed.

I suppose we shouldn't forget he is a brilliant actor. If anyone is going to fool us with a role like this then it is him.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Exactly....

I honestly think that is the answer. I actually think that Casey Affleck (Ben's brother) admitted to it a while back.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He has certainly gone through a change!
Did any of you catch the award ceremony(not sure which awards)where Ben Stiller dressed up as him,beard and shades to boot?
The very famous audience were either reeling with laughter or looking VERY uncomfortable!
Youtube him and you'll see lots of stuff.....not sure how recent though?...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Thanks for the video...... that was pretty funny!!!!

What the funk is going on there? He looks like he missed the Vietnam War by 40 years.....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There was a thread here some time ago that suggested Joaquin has Morgellons Disease. I doubt it's true but perhaps you could do a search on ATS for it.

IRM

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Ok..... that must be the answer..... wait and see he'll be back on the screen next year!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Letterman is hilarious! He handled the non-interview with so much humor. He really is such a good-natured guy. I honestly thought JP was just loaded on something. That was my impression, truly.

What I remember most about him, is seeing him at the Academy Awards, when he was up for "Best Actor", for Walk The Line.
You know how when they announce the winner, they will scan the losers with the camera's to get their reaction? He is the only person in all my years watching these awards, that was sooo visibly disappointed when he lost. He was just crestfallen. He just looked in a state of shock when they didn't call his name, and had difficulty applauding the actual winner.

But I think Reese had already taken the prize for Best Actress, so maybe that got his hopes up perhaps to a higher degree.

But thanks posting the vid. Cool.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What does this have to do with general conspiracies? Shouldnt this be in BTS under people??
I think he just got tired of the spot light and wanted out of it. Many celebs do this at times. No big deal IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join