It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange photos i took

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I went on a ghost tour in my local Rocks in Sydney city this Saturday night. I knew i had to take my camera just in case i snapped up some spooky stuff. Note being a digital camera i would get a display of the shots so i took a few at once. Also it was a clear night with not a star in the star or any signs of the moon.

The first was taken in a lane way off Argyle st, it was between a hospital and morgue the tour guide told us.

a.imagehost.org...

This was not the moon.

a.imagehost.org...

I took easy 100 photos that night and none have this effect not to mention in the year since i got this camera have i ever had this effect on a single photo.

a.imagehost.org...

As you can see here nothing ?.

The second set of photos where taken at the Sydney Observatory where the tour guide told the group about the about local ghost and where he was tragically killed. As soon i heard that i started snapping pics in that extract place/direction.

a.imagehost.org...

Then a second later

a.imagehost.org...

The last set was taken on the grass knoll in front of the Sydney Observatory.

a.imagehost.org...

Then a second later

a.imagehost.org...

Like i said i have taken 1000's of photos with this digital camera and nothing ever has happened like this.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by helium3]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I'm getting an "image not found" error on every one of your photos. Most likely that's the reason for no responses to your thread.

cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sorry i re-uploaded them another host try now

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
S&F for yer effort mate, some spooky pictures there good work
your links are working fine now

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Just looks like the camera's flash has caught dust or particles in the air.

No ghosts/orbs.

[edit on 26/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
thats some fancy dust you got right there... however i got tones of it around my place... maybe i can charge people $10 and to come around and snap 'ghost' pics...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by helium3

Ok, don't hate me, but most likely, you have photographed dust.

I am a paranormal investigator and have been doing ghost hunts for several years and we get these things all the time... we don't even pay attention to them anymore. A tiny little speck of dust will show up like that when the light from the flash illuminates it, especially if you are taking the pic in the dark. You say that has never happened with that camera before... Have you taken very many pics in the dark before? I say all this nicely, btw. I usually don't get all huffy and pissy like many people on here, ha ha!

Here's a little experiment you can do if you have carpet in your home. Go into a carpeted room, in the dark and snap a pic with the flash. You may or may not have those orbs. Then, drag your feet across the floor, kick the floor, jump up and down or whatever, lol... you're trying to stir up dust. Then, take another pic in the dark, with the flash. I'll almost guarantee that you'll have more "orbs" in the second pic than you did in the first.

BUT, this is just my opinion and I say it very nicely. Just trying to be helpful because I LOVE ghost hunting and I'm glad you're doing it... keep it up! And I'm not saying that you DIDN'T catch something paranormal on there because energy does manifest as orbs sometimes, but true orbs are usually not transparent at all and they produce their own light and will be very very bright in photos.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by helium3

Thanks for sharing your photos! I don't have the credentials to analyze them, however they're interesting. I like that you took photos a few seconds apart, apparently trying to quantify the phenomenon.

reply to post by gemineye

I really like your response, because it involves an experiment, and testing parameters. It's one thing for us to guess what the source of the OP's objects are, but your approach is one of a true investigator -- someone who doesn't try to fit the data into their hypothesis.

Some of the orb photos I've seen where there are dozens of them around people......... I've frequently wondered what the outcome would be if the ground were sprinkled with water and the are rephotographed. Of course, that might not account for airborn pollen.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It is clearly dust! Makes me laugh when people say its an (orb)
i don't believe in an afterlife but a continuous circle!

new topics

top topics

join