It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nle 2009 starts tommorow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
everyone should film what they see. or here and report on anything. to see what exactly is happening or going to happen

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

Not to seem dense, but what is nle?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
national level exercise with foreign troops policeing the states not us troops

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

Are you serious? What is the reasoning behind this? Is it country wide or only certain places?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
First foreign troops are not going to police anything in this country. If they did there would be a huge problem with foreign troop casualties.

NLE www.fema.gov...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

foreign troops will be involved.

www.fema.gov...

This year the United States welcomes the participation of Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom in NLE 09.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

National Level Exercise 2009 (NLE 09)

National Level Exercise 2009 (NLE 09) is scheduled for July 27 through July 31, 2009. NLE 09 will be the first major exercise conducted by the United States government that will focus exclusively on terrorism prevention and protection, as opposed to incident response and recovery.

NLE 09 is designated as a Tier I National Level Exercise. Tier I exercises (formerly known as the Top Officials exercise series or TOPOFF) are conducted annually in accordance with the National Exercise Program (NEP), which serves as the nation's overarching exercise program for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating national level exercises. The NEP was established to provide the U.S. government, at all levels, exercise opportunities to prepare for catastrophic crises ranging from terrorism to natural disasters.

NLE 09 is a White House directed, Congressionally- mandated exercise that includes the participation of all appropriate federal department and agency senior officials, their deputies, staff and key operational elements. In addition, broad regional participation of state, tribal, local, and private sector is anticipated. This year the United States welcomes the participation of Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom in NLE 09.

EXERCISE FOCUS

NLE 09 will focus on intelligence and information sharing among intelligence and law enforcement communities, and between international, federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector participants.

The NLE 09 scenario will begin in the aftermath of a notional terrorist event outside of the United States, and exercise play will center on preventing subsequent efforts by the terrorists to enter the United States and carry out additional attacks. This scenario enables participating senior officials to focus on issues related to preventing terrorist events domestically and protecting U.S. critical infrastructure.

NLE 09 will allow terrorism prevention efforts to proceed to a logical end (successful or not), with no requirement for response or recovery activities.

NLE 09 will be an operations-based exercise to include: activities taking place at command posts, emergency operation centers, intelligence centers and potential field locations to include federal headquarters facilities in the Washington D.C. area, and in federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector facilities in FEMA Region VI, which includes the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and California.

(continued)
www.fema.gov...

Edit to add external source tags.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

NLE 09 will focus on intelligence and information sharing among intelligence and law enforcement communities, and between international, federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector participants

Nuff' said.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'd like to know if this NLE exercise may have something to do with something happening with Canadian Currency. I live fairly close to the Canadian Border in upstate NY. I noticed several businesses today that had posted signs that stated "they will not be accepting Canadian Currency". A couple of my friends also told me this evening that they noticed several businesses closer to the border had also posted this over the last couple of days. I have never seen this in nearly 50 years. We have always accepted Canadian currency, sometimes at par, sometimes not, but we accepted it. I could find nothing on this by goggling, and I contacted a couple of friends of mine who are Feds. They had no idea, and also found this rather odd. Does anybody have a clue what this may be indicating? Thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

This year the United States welcomes the participation of Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom in NLE 09.

Doesnt the US already have the majority of the mexican army there already???

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Joint training exercises are nothing new. Frankly it is a good idea, we need to build a more communicative and cooperative police force that can work with other agencies. A hell of a lot of crime is committed by and against Americans out of the country, and the current system does not work.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveFreeOrDie..

No, foreign LAW ENFORCEMENT will be involved. Not foreign troops. Like I said, there would be dead troops everywhere if the US government thought it would be a good idea to unleash foreign soldiers on US citizens.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by LiveFreeOrDie..

No, foreign LAW ENFORCEMENT will be involved. Not foreign troops. Like I said, there would be dead troops everywhere if the US government thought it would be a good idea to unleash foreign soldiers on US citizens.

i do not see any difference between the two

with the type of weaponry LEO has these days, they are no less than para-military

and I do not see anything wrong with resisting foreign "authority" to the bitter end

anyhow, I am convinced this story is being blown out of proportion and that there will not be any foreign LEO on my streets, just my take on it

so "if" it really happened, sure resist them
but i just do not see it happening

my local LEO are doing a damn fine job on their own, if they needed any help it would be from local citizens, not foreign nationals

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am in SE Texas along the Gulf Coast, I will report back if I see anything in my local area.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i was just stateing what i read of there website sorry if i upset anyone

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
well im in the Uk in the Birmingham area and still havn't seen or heard anything in regards to this yet ??? If anything happens like some kind of bomb scare etc i'll jump straight on and let you all know !!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
well im in the Uk in the Birmingham area and still havn't seen or heard anything in regards to this yet ??? If anything happens like some kind of bomb scare etc i'll jump straight on and let you all know !!!

Well if I read it correctly, you won't see anything if you are in the UK.

NLE 09 will be an operations-based exercise to include: activities taking place at command posts, emergency operation centers, intelligence centers and potential field locations to include federal headquarters facilities in the Washington D.C. area, and in federal, regional, state, tribal, local and private sector facilities in FEMA Region VI, which includes the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and California.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Disclosure Agent

This is a US based exercise - and as for the UK involvement I would suspect its pretty minimal with the bulk of our current commitments being in Afghanistan - probably something related to the security services rather than front line forces.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
well if what i've read in previous threads in regards to this it true, it could be used as some kind of trigger to stage the control grid world wide....

So look out just incase from 2morow !!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The way i understand it is that foreign troops and law enforcement WILL be involved, however in THEIR participating countries, not state side.

We shall see tho, im anticipating some interesting maneuvering of military personnel , but i also agree that there probably wont be much to it.

That, however, doesnt mean that its not in preparation for something thats going to happen in the near future.

Its been my experience in the military that you dont do anything out and in your face until the moment in time you need to. Its better to be fast and hard about it. Get things in order, prepare, make sure everything will function as it should and then, move in at speed with efficiency...

Id be looking closer to the fall time line when this H1N1 thing is suppose to pop, not only that a lot of other things coming down the pipeline with legislation will probably hit about then, should also be able to see whats going on with our dollar a lil closer to that , fall - early winter, time line

top topics

<<   2 >>

join