It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Strange Weather In Your Area?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Around here we have been having lightening ALL EVENING without a single cloud in the sky. If i had a digital camera i would record proof of this. I live in Indiana...storms are out of the question because we had those this morning...there is no cloud cover or any radar indicated clouds what do you make of this?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JalZhaunlUss

Not really sure what to make of the lightning but no cloud thing. I am not a scientist (really, I am terrible at science!) but I tried doing a bit of research after I read your post and although I don't understand much of what the articles about lightning were telling me, they definitely never separated the cloud from the lightning! Doesn't mean it's impossible though, what sort of conditions were there when this happened? Was it totally clear? Nice day? And then all of a sudden lightning? I am very curious.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well, this morning around 10 am central time we had a storm pass through. After 1 pm it became clear, and since then it has been Severe Clear( aviation terms for unlimited visibility). There have been an increase in "UFO sightings" around here...I don't doubt the government has cover-ups with things like this. I believe that maybe it could have been some sort of weather experiment or it could just be an anomaly. I try to research things that are strange as much as possible.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm in Vancouver, it's 1:42am on Sunday and the storm is still putting on a display. Looking at the radar loop all night it looks like cold air is coming down off the mountains and hitting the warm moist air. I've lived here 9 years and never seen a storm last this long.

In terms of weird weather. Crazy snow and we we're not prepared. Driving was horrendous. The hot spell this summer since about mid-June seems IMO to coincide with increased solar activity. The SUN has been a busy little bee this last month putting huge pressure on the shield. Could the bizarre weather this year be indicative of changing cosmic conditions. Solar Maximum approaching as well as aligniment with the center of the Milky Way in 2012. Could this be the real cause of Global Warming?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So far in Ohio, it's been lighting on a few occasions that made it seem like we were going to get a heavy downpour, then their wasn't any rain at all. At some points there was rain when I couldn't find a cloud in the sky for a while. Though I did see a shooting star at least two days ago. Nothing weather related, but I thought it was interesting seeing one for the first time.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
While looking around i found an article that it is the warmest July on record in Antarctica

The maximum of 2.4 degrees and minimum of -3 are the warmest July temperatures since record keeping began at the station 20 years ago.

www.abc.net.au...

Also Perth in Western Australia

Perth has experienced its second warmest January to June period on record with the average daily maximum temperature for the past six months reaching 27.4C.

www.thewest.com.au...

Adelaide in South Australia

The weather pattern this winter is all over the place. Adelaide recorded its hottest July night in 7 years with 17C and was well above average with 21.7C max temp yesterday.
Brisbane: we seem to be in the pattern of Cold day of 16-17C, then a gradual increase to 25-26C then back down to 16-17C. This has been the pattern for the last month. It has been a winter where records are being broken for hot winter days or nights, then cold mornings or days right up through the tropics, seems to be a winter of extremes.

[url]http://www.australiasevereweather.com/forum/australian-severe-storms-significant-weather-events-and-storm-chasing/perth-storms/?action=printpage[ /url]

[edit on 28/7/2009 by wycky]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Also found this post which references NOAA

Last month was the warmest global land temperature for March ever recorded but la Nina in the Equatorial Pacific kept the global temps. down to second warmest.
"The global surface (land and ocean surface) temperature was the second warmest on record for March in the 129-year record...".
What this means is that if la Nina was not in effect, the past month's global temperature would have broken the global average temperature by a mile or two

Source

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
not really, its raining here in sunny scotland, but then it usually does
think this is the coolest summer we had in a while

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Northern New Jersey got 6+ inches of hail a month ago. It was like winter in the middle of summer!!!!! I've lived hear my entire life and so have my parents and neither of us have seen such weirdness!!!!!!!!

www.1010wins.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here is an article that explains why our weather here in the UK is not as it should be.
Why are we having a bad summer?

Its been lower than it should be for a couple of years now.Though not much has been said about it.But it is there if you look.

Okay,for those who like H.A.A.R.P ing on,lets here your view.

[edit on 28/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

Okay, how about a take from someone who lived the bulk of 20+ years in King and Pierce counties WA along with some time in Yakima County on the east side.

Amazingly enough IT DOES SNOW IN THE WINTER THERE.

When I was in high school I remember missing out on baseball tryouts because on April 1st (no, not a joke) we got 15" of snow in one night. We got another 8" the next day. This was in Bonney Lake, WA. It continued to snow off and on for a few weeks. It was one of the worse snow storms they had experienced in quite a while and I do remember some good ones from childhood.

Well, I graduated and joined the Army. While on tour I remember seeing a news story two years later about how the Pacific Northwest was getting slammed with the worse snowstorm in recorded history. This time it was over 2' of snow in a day and it continued off and on for two weeks. Can't remember the month though. My family would call me and let me know how bad it was. Power outages everywhere. Then when I had moved back and was living in my own home in Tacoma in 1996 we had a great winter blast. The winter had been extremely mild up to this one day. We got 8" of snow that night and my wife and I (and her brother) rushed out to the hills to get some sledding in. For the next two weeks we were encased in ice. Everything looked like crystal. Over an inch of ice on everything. It was pretty but very dangerous.

Then we went through a stretch of a little bit of snow off and on until we moved to Ohio in 2007. That's quite a few years without a significant snow storm. The average was about one nice winter blast every 5 to 8 years for the Pacific Northwest, including the Skagit Valley where I did a lot of work.

I could go on about some of the unusual summers as well. A summer where we had massive humidity (which, as many will find hard to believe, we wouldn't get much of in that area of the country) and the temps were in the 90s but felt like in the 100s. Then that same year we actually topped 100. I believe it was close to 2003ish. Then the next year was crap. I think we had record rainfall and not a single day over 85.

In other words, it's called a weather pattern. I don't know how long your mother has been on this planet but I can remember many winters of having to drive in nasty snow in the Skagit Valley. Not saying that you are lying, just that we tend to forget just how bad things are. A common statement that I hear every year from friends and family when they get sick is, "I've never been this sick before in my life." When the fact of the matter is that the mind tends to forget just how bad things have been before and your focus is on the here and now.

Yes, you guys are in a heat wave right now. I've been talking with family and they are saying how bad it is. But I do remember a few years back where we were forced to actually buy an air conditioner/heat pump for our house. That's how bad it was then. We had over 25 days straight of 80+ heat and that is not common for WA. Well, Western Washington at least.

I have explored all sides of this 'global warming' fiasco that we find ourselves in. I have researched about the last time this huge push came about in the 60's era. The same crap was being said with the same kind of figures being released about the planet getting hotter. Then we went through a prolonged cold stretch. Then we warmed up again. Then cooled off again.

Right now, out of the three summers I have been in Ohio this is by far the coolest. By this point the last couple of years we were blasting our air conditioner just to be able to sleep. There were many stretches where we actually chose to sleep on the couches because the AC couldn't cool the upstairs enough for comfort. I don't believe we have seen more than 2 days over 90 this year so far. Does it mean our system is screwed up? No.

I'm not sold on us humans being responsible for disrupting the weather patterns of this planet. We go through cycles. We always will go through cycles. There's a reason for it.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Strange weather, you bet. I am in Tulsa, and it should be 100 degrees. It is 70 at the moment, got down to 63 overnite. A high of 85 is predicted for thursday and friday. Extremely out of whack.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Reply to post by C-JEAN

Yes there is another thread with a similiar topic, maybe millions. However I am glad to see another thread concerning unusual weather. So...good job OP for this one. I am in South Dakota and we are experiencing September temps as I type, and that is not my opinion but was said this morning on KDLT News. The meteorologist's name is Cody Matz for the anal retentive ATSers that appear more and more often on ATS. So there is my offering of proof. But yes the weather is irradict all over and coincidentally, or not, Sunday night NBC aired the first part of The Storm and in this cheaply made crapsterpiece the weather is being controlled by the military. Part 2 airs next Sunday night if anyone is interested. Do not forget who owns NBC and how much fact is found in fiction. Off topic: if you are not satisfied with a thread then contact a MOD instead of posting a complaint. Its like being harrassed by a mall cop and pretty much pointless since all they can do is bug ya and make a bunch of noise while ya try shop. IMHO.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by dariousg

I do not think anyone is denying the existence of weather patterns. The point of this thread is the unusual weather happenings all over the globe. There are lots and lots and lots of records being broken this year. And who knows maybe this is the start of a new weather pattern, but still no excuse to ignore or dismiss. Be prepared, eh? Or is ignorance truly bliss?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Weather is strange.

Records are broken every month, every year. And there's no reason for it to stop now. But has the weather been stranger than normal? Well, that depends on what you define as "normal", I guess. I don't doubt that many of you have been getting rather strange weather in North America, maybe due to all the weather control initiatives in place.

Here in NZ (it's Winter here) we have had storms, hail and plenty of frosty mornings. I live in an area that has relatively mild winters, but a few months ago we had the worst hail storm I'd ever seen, when a freezing polar blast came up the country. We've also had one of the coldest winters in a long time, although not as much snow on Mt Ruapehu (the volcano which hosts our 2 largest ski-fields) as last year
. Although last year had the record snow base ever recorded in NZ.

Weather is variable and constantly changing. It seems some are quick to point out any unusaul weather phenomenon and link it to global warming, HAARP or the impending apocolypse, even if it is within the realms of natural climate variation.

But I'm really interested in genuine unusual weather, such as the previos poster claiming lightning with no clouds. I know typical lightning can travel a fair distance from a cloud, but no clouds??

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It has been more fall like to spring like weather here. It has been in the 60s, 70s and low 80s. We have had more spring like storms in summer than in spring.
Today it is much like fall 66 degrees and rainy. It is usually in the 90s now. This pattern is ging to persist for the rest of the week.
We have strange weather in missouri a lot. Last night we had a thunderstorm with lots of thunder. I noticed there was the weird fog that rolled in right before the thuderstorm. The lightening was not clud to ground but cloud to cloud. It was jumping through mid air to another cloud. If I would have been walking outside the bolt would have gone through me sideways.
It was very windy before the storm came through and I heard some banging around yet did not see anything knocked over. It was a very weird storm. It was not severe yet it was extremely loud.
One day in June we had 10 inches of rain!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm in England, UK and we've had this bloody black cloud hanging over us for 6 months now.... very wet in certain parts, namely Wales & the Midlands areas rising up to North (Scotland)..... we had an ice shower a few weeks which i posted a thread about and we never get those in summer (Not in London anyway). Havn't had much sun although the temperature has been about normal.....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
its been a hot summer here at ft. lewis washington. its reached over 100 and i think its going to be a bad winter to

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
another strange thing that happens in a strange fog will roll in before storms. This fog smells like something burning and in fact I called the fire department thinking it was a fire. This has happened three times now; (maybe more.):each time it looks like thin smoke. It smells like hot asphalt, an electrical fire and sulfur. It knocks you to the ground both times making me sick. I am recovering now from getting sick due to this fog. It gave me a headache, dizziness and gave me nasua.
Is this really part of weather? This is odd; everytime it storms this has happened the last few times. Is this just a concidence? I am still looking for answers. I live near a lake. Do they treat lakes with chemicals that might get pushed my way when it is really windy?
I know when I saw that last storm I saw a red glow instead of a blue when it thundered. Are these altered storms; a freak of nature or 2 seperate things happening at once?
It was also about 9 pm this happened after the sun had been down for 30 minutes.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Chemtrails and weather modification . It is just my opinion. The chemtrails are getting heavy here the last few months. I smell chemicals in the air quite often and the black smog, it is always right before a storm lets out. They seem to mix in with the clouds sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join