It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Critter?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I found this video a few days ago, im pretty sure it hasnt been posted here (tried to search for it) but i apologize if it has.

Im not really sure what to make of it, but i guess thats what you guys are for! It seems to have a tail that is propelling it. Enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've actually seen that before, I don't like to think that it's an organism though. Looks like some type of discharge to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Excellent and interesting video, thanks Sloppy!

If it's a genuine NASA video, I'd guess that it might be a -- and this probably isn't the proper term -- a yawing meteorite. I've seen something similar to this during the Leonids -- one of the earthgrazers, a sort of wobble.

Could be a creature, no way for me to know. Good find regardless

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Space sperm in an ultra sound from a NASA associate maybe? dunno

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

not sure what to make of it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ok, now I'm scared !
What could that possibly be ??
I am dumbfounded !

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sloppy
I found this video a few days ago, im pretty sure it hasnt been posted here (tried to search for it) but i apologize if it has.

Im not really sure what to make of it, but i guess thats what you guys are for! It seems to have a tail that is propelling it. Enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

Zorgon posted that video in a current thread regarding different NASA video sightings. I don’t recall much discussion ensued in that thread because it would have been off-topic.

I don't think there has been a previous thread specifically about this video.

I imagine Zorgon will be here as soon as he sees the “critters” tag!

IMHO, the tail is just video artifact (i.e. trailing) from an overexposed object. I can’t understand quite where the object is coming from. Whilst I would usually come to the conclusion it is debris or particles being propelled along, that is not at all clear to me from this video.

I’ll bet there’ll be some interesting discussion between some of the ATS heavyweights.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
I've actually seen that before, I don't like to think that it's an organism though. Looks like some type of discharge to me.

Would have to be a HUGE discharge though....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepare4it777
Space sperm in an ultra sound from a NASA associate maybe? dunno
that would definitely fall under the category of discharge. LMFAO!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Oh I have a sneaking feeling that zorgon will be on his way with a great post about this.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I U2U'd him & he said he'd pop in soon.

The video is a little perplexing.

What do you think it is?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Well........

1. Since I can not tell distance from the obvious false spectrum video it could be ball lightening or some related phenomena.

2. If the objects distance is close then(meaning it is within 50 miles of the camera) it might be some unknown upper atmosphere event.

3. It could be some type of unknown animal (ie; plasma based ''critter'')

4. It could be a government/ET spacecraft speeding away at unreal speeds, maybe entering a hyperdimensional window?

5. It could be a particle beam weapon or missile.

Basically I DO NOT KNOW,lol....... But this video is surely not going to help change that! I will say there is something strange apparently going on in LEO and the related areas.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Sam60

Well........

1. Since I can not tell distance from the obvious false spectrum video it could be ball lightening or some related phenomena.

2. If the objects distance is close then(meaning it is within 50 miles of the camera) it might be some unknown upper atmosphere event.

3. It could be some type of unknown animal (ie; plasma based ''critter'')

4. It could be a government/ET spacecraft speeding away at unreal speeds, maybe entering a hyperdimensional window?

5. It could be a particle beam weapon or missile.

Basically I DO NOT KNOW,lol....... But this video is surely not going to help change that! I will say there is something strange apparently going on in LEO and the related areas.

I lean towards 1 or 2.

But as you say, without a better video it's hard to do anything other than generally conjecture about it.

Perhaps someone can find out a timeline associated with it, which might produce a better video or some event that ties in with it.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Yea, that is the main thing today...Everyone thinks some youtube video or camera phone pic can become proof. That is so far from the truth it is funny. Even if t is determined the 'anomaly' is legit it still does not mean ET piloted spacecraft. While youtube is a great medium for sharing, it has become a bain of ufology, as has cell phones, digital cameras, and CGI tech.

Those are all good and well but too many people are ready to jump on that bandwagon when in reality that is going to prove nothing, at most it will add to the ever growing ufological pile of "????". That is why IMO the most attention should be spent on getting the classic cases out to the masses, those cases have much evidence to support them, unlike these youtube videos and many new pictures coming out today. Because in reality it is likely going to take a MASSIVE movement to get any progress in this field we all love. But of course if the Greys land tomorrow at the White House I will delete this post,lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I agree with all that.

I was just thinking the other day when I got ripped into on here for being a "skeptic", closed-minded, etc...........

I bought my first UFO book when I was 9 or 10. I've followed a lot of cases since then.

What if the nature of the activity has changed so that the "classics" are really the only proof we will ever have? Or to say it another way, what if "they" were around then & now "they've" gone away?

The "classics" (as you put them) are extremely important.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

OT, but no they haven't gone away, just been covered up well

Anyways, on topic now....What are your thoughts on the video. (PS: Do not let some zealot believer bring you down for being logical and HUMAN my friend
)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sloppy

Very odd, if this were some type of debris or energy discharge one would expect it to appear like a beam right? I mean lightning can curve and such but this seems to have an undulating motion as though it is "swimming".

Is this taking place in space or the upper atmosphere, because it seems to me there would need to be air for something to propel itself like what we see in the video (the undulating tail).

Certainly a weird one - Evidence of aliens, probably not. Worth investigating, definitely

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I've looked at it many times

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at from the beginning as pertains to that white, saturated area.

The "object" does not seem to originate from that area. Rather, it seems to pop into frame a little distance away ("above").

I thinking it has to be highly reflective debris propelled by a thruster that is being video'd in a signifcantly over-exposed mode. I think the "tail" is just video trailing / artifact. As above for the "border" of the object.

I note the youtube poster has corrected his comments to say it is STS80, not STS 48.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
I don't think there has been a previous thread specifically about this video.

Nope no thread on it yet

From Luna Cognita on this one...

Got a clip fromShuttle Mission STS-48 a few days ago, and I was just playing around with one short scene in particular, trying some basic image stabilization to remove some camera movement and shake from the footage to make it easier to view. Here is the sendspace link to the tests I just rendered on it so you can have a look (keep in mind this is just a bunch of examples thrown together, so there is not much in the way of presentation here). Do you think this is plasma here Ron? I swear to God the damn thing looks just like a sperm, complete with the wiggling tail and everything.

Other than that what you see is all we have on it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join