It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how they will take our guns.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Two young children have been shot by their siblings in the space of 24 hours in the United States.

In Las Vegas, a two-year-old girl was in a critical condition after being shot by her four-year-old brother at their home, police said.

In South Carolina, a four-year-old boy was shot in the stomach by his three-year-old brother after the little boy found a gun.

The injured boy was expected to make a full recovery, police said.

The incident in Las Vegas happened on Thursday night after the girl's brother found a loaded 9mm handgun inside their home.

It went off while he was holding it, hitting his sister in her torso.

According to police, the father was home at the time and the gun appears to have been improperly secured.

The shooting involving the two brothers happened in Gray Court, South Carolina, also on Thursday night. They and their father were staying at the home of a family friend.

Laurens County Sheriff Ricky Chastain said it appeared the younger boy found the gun under a bed and accidentally shot his brother.

The injured boy was flown to hospital, where he underwent surgery, he said.

No charges have been filed in relation to either case.

Gun debate

The two incidents come less than a week after a five-year-old boy died after shooting himself in the head.

He had found a handgun inside his father's vehicle outside a Las Vegas pharmacy.

The father in that case has been charged with child endangerment.

In the US, the right to bear arms is enshrined in the Second Amendment of the US Constitution. There are thought to be more than 200 million firearms in private hands.

Advocates of gun control face tough opposition from gun owners.

Critics of the current gun laws link high levels of gun crime and gun-related injury with high levels of gun ownership.

Full BBC article

I will say first and formost that guns should be taken away from these sort of idiot parents who can not ensure there 4-5 year old children don't shoot themselves but I can also tell you this kinda of news is being ramped up very heavily right now in the MSM.

The goverment always undertakes new deprivation of rights law making under the guise of what is best for the people. When they do it this way anyone who opposes such law is branded a lunitic and is pointed towards statistics and a mob of angry parents who have somehow been harmed by these rights that they want to take away.

We need to keep in mind that with freedom comes sacrifice. Understand that there are a handfull of people who will not undertake the proper responsibilitys of having such freedoms as the second amendment but even so there is a terrible need for that amendment, no matter the damage from very few, we must endure these tragadies and hold true to the Constitution.

If you would like a simple example of lawmakers going down the same road, you need to look no further than the current global warming / cap and trade laws coming to local goverment near you. Hiding taxes in a plan they know little to nothing about is a sure fire bet that the masses will be blinded by the moral sense to be "green" and do whats best for earth.

Anyone who would oppose this bill and refuse to pay higher energy bills and excess tax would surely be a planet killer and of little moral regard to the rest of society so it would be easy to lable such a person as a radical dissident and possible domestic terrorist.

Take what you read and what you think you know with a grain of salt. Remember why the Constitution and our amendments are there. Above all else remember that freedom comes at a high price that you will not always like to pay.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have no children. If children should come to my home, my guns would be secured. It the government comes to my home, whatever the reason, my guns will not be secured until they have left, or I am dead.
If an officer comes to my home, and demands ID, I will tell him to go to hell, slam the door in his face, and arm myself.
Gates was correct, as long as he was in his home, to reisist giving ID to the police.
Once he stepped outside his home, and continued to argue with the officer, even though he was warned that he was disturbing the peace, and could be arriested, he was in the wrong. He was fortunate the charges were dropped.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In 2008 there were 31,110 deaths due to auto accidents. That averages out to 85 per day. Devistating, horrible accidents.

link to reference
www.findingdulcinea.com...

I bring these figures not to lessen the tragedies that occured to gun deaths but to bring some sort of reference to them.

There are no laws currently being put forward to decrease auto ownership. There are no laws to decrease drive time, speed limits.

Guns are the straw man of the democratic party. Unfortunately there are tragic deaths. It's one of the reasons why I keep mine tigger-locked in a locked cabinet, and the ammunition locked in another room of the house. People who don't respect weapons should be punished.

The next time someone in New York dies in an auto accident and they want to take mycar away in Utah, is when I'll stop calling them hipocrites.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Most excellent reply mike! Great statistic to compare too. While these are tragic accidents and many could be avoided the fact is that they still happen.

Just like we would not revert back to horse back to avoid auto accidents we should not leave ourselves vunerable to tyrany to avoid a handfull of terrible accidents by foolish people.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
They aren't taking your guns, they are taking your ammo............

I have a friend who has been on the waiting list at wallyworld for a month for regular handgun ammo............

wake the F up

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Our second amendment was meant to protect us from tyranny and an armed rogue goverment.

The goverment commands weaponary beyond comprehension while we are left to wield rifles, shotguns and semi automatic pistols. Although, I truely believe with all my heart that these meager weapons in the hands of patriots willing to bear them for love of there country, familiy and beliefs would be more than enough to overwelm the tyrants.

I did not know this about the ammo though, isn't there a Cabella's near you? There are tons here with plenty of ammo for whatever you need.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just heard that bit from my soninlaw.

Maybe it is a walmart issue

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

www.the-eggman.com...

Need to keep things in perspective here.. linked are stats for accidental death (2002). I will summarize some here:

Specified Motor Vehicle: 43,354
Falls: 13,322
Poison: 12,757
Drowning: 3,842
Exposure Fire / Smoke: 3,337
Other Land Transport accidents: 1,492
Complications of Medicine / Surgery: 3,059
Accidental Discharge of firearms: 776

So, shall we outlaw falling and drowning?

Ban on swimming pools!!

Ban on Autos!!

Ban on Medicine and Surgery!!

[edit on 25-7-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Truely Excellent Info, this is the type of response I was hoping for from the bright members of ATS. These stats show exactly what I am saying from my heart.

We also know how the goverment trumps up these statistics and uses them to scare people into moral regress and make them feel bad about opposing laws that restrict constitutional freedom.

Bravo. Keep it up.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Helious]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm not really too concerned with anti-gun legislation, the Health Care debate put enough on their plates with that one. Then Cap and Trade.

They may want to take away the guns, but their is little to no political capital left. I'm just not worried about it at this point. Election year is right around the corner and Cap and Trade and Health Care "reform" needs to be passed so they can have a "de facto" ban on firearms.

If this Health Care reform passes watch the number of people with "mental illness" sky rocket, then our medical records will be linked to the NCIS database.

Cap and Trade is for the rest of the people, they will tax guns and ammo so high that nobody but the rich will be able to afford them.

That is what everybody should be watching out for, and that is how they are going to take our guns away.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Yes, I have been hearing about this. Here is my story. I love guns, and have always had many of them in my home. Rifles, pistols, and shotguns, all loaded and ready to shoot. I raised two kids, and am now raising two more kids, and all of them know about guns, and what they can, and will do. They have shot, and seen the results of what the bullets do on impact. Education is always the key, folks, and I would bet these parents had those gun hidden, and never told the children about them. TPTB can have mine just as soon as I empty it at them when they come for it. I have informed my local cops of just that too.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

once again, here we have the voice of reason, well said.

we hear about gun deaths daily, inspite of the comparatively insignificant numbers, because hearing about it supports an agenda. predictive programming by constant negative bombardment. since we hear about it so much, it MUST be a HUGE problem, right?!

when the cars are taken off the roads to stop the deaths that they contribute to, then we can talk about trying to take the guns.

btw, deaths of innocents by any means is unfortunate and sad.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

And that is what it all comes down too. Education. If you teach kids what they can do even a 3 they will know not to mess with them.

If you can't teach a three year old that guns are dangerous, then you probably shouldn't have kids in the first place.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Exactly,

Over 100 million firearm owners and this few accidental deaths by them tells the story. We have more Guns than cars in the US. Look at the statical probabilities of being killed by an accidental discharge of one of these firearms. (Approx 300 million firearms)

wiki.answers.com...

Number of Cars in the US

According to the gentleman I spoke with at the U.S. Department of Transportation Statistical Records Office there are approximately 62 million registered vehicles in the U.S. at the current time and appox. 6.4 million unregistered functioning vehicles. Roughly 32% of those two numbers combined would account for Semi-Trucks, construction, heavy machinery vehicles. Stats accurate as of 02/01/05

How many guns are in the united states of America?
wiki.answers.com...

The FBI estimates that there are over 200 million privately-owned firearms in the US. If you add those owned by the military, law enforcement agencies and museums, there is probably about 1 gun per person in the country.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I agree 100% with everything you said and I would advise everyone who reads this thread to read your post because it is pure horrible truth. That is exactly the plan but don't dismiss the gun control issue, they will try to restrict our rights through fear mongering and moral obligation.

Very wise words Hasto. I am happy that you are wise enough to see the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I'm definitely not dismissing the gun control issue, because they will try to shove that down our throats too, but we are fortunate because 65 Dems in the house have already said they will vote no on gun control so that seals the deal on that until 2010.

I'm still nervous though because every time they try to shove a bill down our throats I feel like they attached it to the bill. Especially considering nobody reads the damn things anymore.

The other thing is that they have been on the gun control propaganda routine now for years, and support for more gun control is actually dropping. I wouldn't put it past them to try something stinky though.

Thanks for the complement too!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Congressional legislation is 2nd to Treaties..... That is what you have to watch out for. If the US ratifies a bull# UN or NAU treaty then were toast. Treaties are by far the "fast track" to citizen disarmament.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

They will try to pass it off as that, but the constitution trump treaties.

Here is a link for you

We will see though, I see what is coming down the pike and the tension is so great right now anything could set it off.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

What I am most afraid of is that the general public has no idea of the bills that are passed every month.

More and more im telling people I know about laws in the making or that have already passed in the congress and they laugh at me like im some kind of radical, when I tell them Im not fear mongering, that the bill has already passed and is actually law, they say........ Lol, now way!

You would be suprised how many every day Americans have no fing clue as to whats going on. Goverment makes it so, they have programs, propaganda and other ways to take the average 50-80k salary peoples mind away from current events and pass these bills under the noses of people until they are guilty of some crime they never even realized was against the law.

It is very subtle and very large number of people will not believe until the reality is at there doorstep and they are fined 1000 dollars for growing tomatos in the back yard or for parking in there driveway without a "city sticker".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Greater Europe is an unarmed state and I would contend they still have freedom. Paranoid thinking is largely to blame for most of the worry regarding this subject.

We do need to defend and honor the constitution but we also must think about other progressing countries that have done different things that are consistantly working to reduce violence among society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join