It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Democrats Censoring Mail on Health Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

GOP: Democrats Censoring Mail on Health Care

voices.washingtonpost.com< br />

But now the commission has gotten involved in the health-care fight, prohibiting several Republican lawmakers from mailing out reproductions of a colorful, labyrinthine chart that purports to diagram Democrats' reform plan. The controversy was first reported by Roll Call.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Apparently the chart isn't the only thing that's being censored:

The controversy extends beyond the colorful chart. Salley Collins, a spokeswoman for House Administration panel Republicans, said GOP members were also being told by the Franking Commission that they could not refer to "government-run health care" in their mailings, and had to dub it "the public option" instead.

I believe that if the shoe were on the other foot and the Republicans were trying something like this, we'd be hearing a lot more about it. I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat, but the Dems have a history of supporting free speech only so long as it is politically correct.

TA

voices.washingtonpost.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If the roles were switched ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS and PBS would have lead with this story all week. We all know it. So, when are people going to stop denying we basically have a media that is controlled by one political party and acknowledged the seriousness of a sittuation like that.

The democrats need to be called on this and it needs to stop. I wouldn't hold my breathe though.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

That's exactly what I was thinking. The MSM is so biased that their reporting is laughable, and that's dangerous: a lot of people take what they say as gospel. I try to call them on it every chance I get because that's the only way I can think of to change that, as an individual. Thanks and star for the reply.

TA

edit: grammar

[edit on 25-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

top topics

join