It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OSINT or Open Sources of Intel/Info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hopefully this will be of use to some.

One of the articles I saw mentioned how to best describe Osint. Talking about a bridge, journalists reported on it as being an armed conflict site. The journalists didn't know or report that it was a key strategic movement control point. Seeing which pieces of the puzzle fit where defines "knowing is half the battle".

It's an impressive list. For those looking to learn what open sources of info are for and consist of, this is a great start. Opens in a word doc, and is well organized.

Found it while searching for a related index. Far better than what I was looking for and figured it only helps to share.

Open Source Intelligence (OSInt) Link Directory

1) Open Source Data (OSD).
2) Open Source Information (OSI).
3) Open Source Intelligence (OSINT).
4) Validated OSINT (OSINT-V).

By: Mr. E. Ben Benavides

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You know, I must have failed every one of you. That is the only reason an outstanding resource as above would go un-noticed. One of the best tools available....

For that, I appologise and won't waste any more time trying to help those who refuse to see what I have been trying to do. It is my fault, therefore no one else need claim responcibility.

As I'm unable to fix this issue, I will resign my attempts to assist those, who do not want to know, what every one has a need to know.

I am deeply troubled by this trend, am going to have to re-evaluate my purpose here at ATS. Meaning I am going to re-read the below image and contemplate what it means to me.

Perhaps, it will keep me steadfast and help me come back to this community.

Again, my fellow ATSers, I sincerely apologise for my failure.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
You know, I must have failed every one of you. That is the only reason an outstanding resource as above would go un-noticed. One of the best tools available....

Negative you silly leg.
The link is a great resource, but according to its properties it was only published a couple months ago. In addition, many of its links are common knowledge and have been used by myself. The fault is not yours. Besides, I also use this one

For that, I appologise and won't waste any more time trying to help those who refuse to see what I have been trying to do. It is my fault, therefore no one else need claim responcibility.

As I'm unable to fix this issue, I will resign my attempts to assist those, who do not want to know, what every one has a need to know.

I am deeply troubled by this trend

Face it.
ATS has changed from a semi-serious intellectual endeavor, to a past-time where members simply post their opinion with little research or thought. That is not your doing. I am troubled by it too. I have much to share that I dare not post while this trend continues, but at least you have endeavored to persevere.

Again, my fellow ATSers, I sincerely apologise for my failure.

I think Teddy Rosevelt had something to say about failure that may be appropriate right about now.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Theadore Rosevelt.

[edit on 7/26/09 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Makeitso

You are right, guess that's why I'm still here.

Try as I might....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
BUMP

S+F

I know this does not contain "Channeled" information, or writings from 2000 yr old books in code that need to be translated, or even "A Friend who works in Dulce", or even "Our Sources" so we should therefore not take any notice.

However as Advisor rightly points out if you want the truth and not just the rants of mad men you wont do much better than this.

I will add as well for the UK and US bases therof here is some REAL secrets shown, real places shown and rightly so I am sure that it wont have much attention!

Secret Bases UK and UK Secrets (to include US installations in the UK)

DENY IGNORANCE Elf cheers in support!

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

join