It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The military's "pain ray" may be going live

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The military's "pain ray" may be going live

www.foxnews.com

The ADS, developed by the Pentagon's Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate, has previously mounted the full version of the ADS on a truck, and made a smaller version for infantry use.

The Air Force version, according to New Scientist, will be packed into an aircraft and be capable of handling multiple beams at once -- making it perfect for non-lethal crowd control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Perfect for martial law! Perfect for crowd control, I think its pretty convenient that funding has recently been beefed up for this project.

I am sure that this will see its fair share of use. And blasting microwave beams at people to the point their skin burns is really pushing the boundaries of non lethal force, because you can't convince me this has no serious long term effects of health.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They'll be able to make and enforce curfew/"zone" rules easily with automated versions of this tech.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't suppose a full lead suit would do anything eh? Or maybe one of those volcano suits...

Fast forward to about 1:45
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by NateNute]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Who ever created this technology have just been given VIP passes straight to the domains of hell.

Bastards.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

I am sure that this will see its fair share of use. And blasting microwave beams at people to the point their skin burns is really pushing the boundaries of non lethal force, because you can't convince me this has no serious long term effects of health.

Well, the military can always just scrap the program and use 5.56 for crowd control. Which do you want?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I imagine they will put these things on drones.

Very creepy thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
am i the onl one who thinks that thing is cool?

or is everyone pretty much convinced that this is further proof of the NWO/Illuminati/reptillians/gay agenda?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Say that to your grandkids when they're being confined in pain-free zones.

Oh and what exactly is 'cool' about inflicting pain on someone?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

OH NO!!!! NOT MY THEORETICAL GRANDKIDS IN A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION!

lets see...

pain ray vs A BULLET

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm which would be preferable...

besides i think the technology is fascinating.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

pain ray vs A BULLET

How about neither? Or is that not 'cool' enough for you?

Obligatory second line.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

oh bravo sir!
you have just discovered the way to create peace on earth

i am sending your nomination in so you can win your much deserved nobel prize

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I think ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtroll believes it's cool so long as it is used on someone else.

But, much like tasers, the belief in their non-lethality makes it more likely any dissent or petitioning of government for redress of grievances will be quashed with a simple push of the button. Noone at the helm will feel like they have to make a hard decision and have to justify it later.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'd MUCH rather be hit with this thing than bullets. Or even rubber bullets or gas. Trust me rubber bullets hurt like hell and sting almost as much as a normal bullet and I've been shot with both!

In the demonstration video of it someone posted it doesnt even look that painful!

peace.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
I imagine they will put these things on drones.

Very creepy thought.

That was my first thought actually. Another one is I could easily see England set one of these up next to every street camera that they could use by remote control. They could then "prevent crimes" from occurring or stop ones in progress, at least, that's how they would sell it.

Tasers were initially only supposed to be used against people brandishing weapons or who had become physically violent, now they use them against 14 year girls running away and disagreeable grandmothers during traffic stops.

So, I can see these ADS systems being phased into mainstream use in the next 10 years easily, for example, at sporting events (after the Lakers win another championship, gotta keep the streets clear!) or demonstrations.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I think ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtroll believes it's cool so long as it is used on someone else.

But, much like tasers, the belief in their non-lethality makes it more likely any dissent or petitioning of government for redress of grievances will be quashed with a simple push of the button. Noone at the helm will feel like they have to make a hard decision and have to justify it later.

fine if everyone is so worried about my grandkids i wont have any. happy

i like weird gadgets and nonlethal weapons. sue me. or get over it. i guess ill be seeing you in court.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

i like weird gadgets and nonlethal weapons. sue me. or get over it. i guess ill be seeing you in court.

That's cool, many people enjoy going to wax museums showing instruments of torture from the middle ages, and what not. Lot's people find that stuff enjoyable.

They are called Sadomasochists.

Now, bring out the gimp...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

You are exactly right. Tasers were the introductory weapon to use as an example, right? "They" will come up with something like: well, tazers are legal so why not... It's only for your protection that we would use it.

People like the guy that thinks it's cool as hell will agree and then we are screwed. (Sorry, dude, but it so is not cool.)

Imagine what happens to the person who can't run away from it... maybe cooked from the inside out.

-Sorry for the nasty visual.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Finally a real use for tin foil hats...wouldn't they be able to reflect these rays?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Ya, that is what I was thinking.

Something else I thought of is that I know someone on ATS warned of some kind of device to be used against us in the near future where we would have to wear some kind of metal mesh to deflect it. Maybe Dark Kn1ght?

Anyway it's got me creeped the heck out now.

edit to post the post I mentioned above:

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
There is a company that makes a mesh head net that is for people who suffer electromagnetic sensitivity. If you can, grab one. I have, as a back up just in case.

However, when it all hits the fan, you are going to have to ride a formidable tiger indeed and hope for the best.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by D4rk Kn1ght]

Dude had some crazy things to say and in the end was banned. His words have stuck in my head though.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by anyone]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join