It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Wormhole opens over China? (video)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Kronos11: i would NEVER lie about this stuff, but if you think that i am wrong then please explain the why, i'm open t the debate: actually i'm here for this

No actually I stated earlier that I am in agreement that a rocket launch seemed most likely given the scenario and the locations where these have been filmed.
Until I hear more about this I will go with this explanation.

thanks for the help in solving this one.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is a featured program of CCTV10 (prominent science&education based Chinese channel) called "Approaching Science"
en.wikipedia.org...

so definitely not some CGI...

The man being interviewed is an engineer from meteorological bureau of Heihe, a city in north-east China which borders Russia.
en.wikipedia.org...

The incident actually happened more than 20 years ago in 1988, 9pm on 25th of August to be more precise. This was filmed by the bureau staff back then.

In the program they are especially intrigued by this spiral light's movement which it rotates clockwise for a while then made a sudden anticlockwise turn, whats more , this phenomenon appeared on the nightsky of Heihe for a period of successive 5 days.

When the bureau staff saw it they couldnt relate it to any possible meteorological phenomena that they are familiar with hence they referred to it as "extraterrestrial" or "UFO" literally
While local people also speculated that the phenomenon might be due to the Russians disposing their nuclear arms but this idea is nonetheless rejected by the program's host Zhangtengyue arguing such way is not the way to disposing nukes. not to mention other nations would had detected such doings.

So this phenomenon is still a mystery remain to be solved.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by sunsky]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by sunsky]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sky spirals in China, popularly attributed to UFOs (or “wormholes” as here) have long been associated with missile launch failures or venting orbiting boosters – sometimes the exact identification still eludes researchers.

I’ve written about the visual phenomena at various times:

“Great East Coast UFO” of August 1986 – The Space Solution
www.csicop.org...

Dan Aykroyd Describes 'Telepathic Encounter' with East Coast Pseudo-UFO
www.jamesoberg.com...

Sky Dragons Behind the Media Curtain: UFOs in China (space.com, 14 January 2000)
www.space.com...
July 26, 1977 and July 24, 1981 and August 27, 1987 sky spirals

Spacecraft Activity as "UFOs" (‘Sky and Telescope’, Feb 1988)

Close encounters with satellites (‘Astronomy’, July 2002)
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My question is, is the known event on August 27, 1987 (see my links) and the reported event on "August 25, 1988" the same , with a mistranslation or garble in the date of the Chinese report?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i dont know whether this has been posted here before or not.....

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
i dont know whether this has been posted here before or not.....

Quite a collection of weird-looking stuff.

As usually, the game is deliberately rigged when the time/date and other contextual information is withheld so prosaic stimuli cannot be sought or verified. I'm tired of attributing this to 'carelessness' and wonder how much deliberate obfuscation is involved?

Here's why it's so dangerous to UFO believers to provide too MUCH accurate contextual information for these videos. You can find out stuff like I did, reported here:

www.zipworld.com.au...

Can't allow THAT. Better cover up any potentially helpful information, and then challenge skeptics to explain the events 'in the blind'.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

They are two separate incidents.

On the evening of August 27, 1987, observers across wide areas of central China reported a UFO in terms no different than those used by witnesses elsewhere.
That particular "UFO" turned out to be surplus fuel venting from a tumbling Japanese rocket about 300 kilometers out in space. As the rocket spun, a spiral-shaped cloud larger than the moon formed in the dusk skies, moved rapidly from west to east.

www.space.com...

From the above article, one can see that 1987 incident was across central China(Shanghai to be exact), while Heihe is located at northernmost fringe of China, not exactly "central China". Besides, the 1988 spiral light "appeared on the night sky of Heihe for a period of successive 5 days," which was not the case with 1987 incident.

According to Chinese Ufologists, since 1970 to 2005, there were over 20 incidents of “spiral light” phenomenon reported in China. What’s more, they believe this phenomenon was recorded by ancient Chinese chronicles as early as the Qin and Han period. Astronomical records from the book of Jin(265-420AD), Sui, Song dynasties tell of "falling star big as a crock and rotates like the wheel". A local chronicle of Chaozhou(in Guangdong province) also records that during the fifth year of emperor Wanli of Ming dynasty, on the third of 12th lunar month, there was “a falling star that rotates like the wheel, it glared the sky and extinguished awhile later.”

Among many cases of the "spiral UFO" of China, only few could be explained with "the rocket theory", while some cases are difficult to attribute to that rockets(for instance, I think its unlikely there were 5 rockets responsible for Heihe’s successive 5 nights of spiral lights show in 1988), while others can’t be explained with such theory.

If by any chance what were recorded by ancient chronicles are the same phenomenon to present day "spiral UFO", then "the Japanese rocket" certainly have no part in its making.

www.zh5000.com...
www.zh5000.com...

P.S. Personally I don’t think it’s an UFO, so I prefer to call it "spiral light", because it does not resemble the UFOs I know of, and I’m open to other scientific explanations for the phenomena. Nevertheless I still believe in the existence of UFOs, and the reason is simple, I’ve witnessed it twice.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by sunsky]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Sunsky, thanks for the cogent, sober and helpful reply. We apparently both want the same thing -- find out what is causing these apparitions -- and are doing much the same thing -- independemt, original investigation. Please stay in touch -- send me your email on u2u if you would.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join