It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nasty Side of Organ Transplanting -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hi/

I came across this article and thought I would share.

Chapter 24
Organ Selling, Organ Theft

"But obviously you do have to suspect something when the patient is a wealthy Rio socialite and her "donor" is a poor, barefoot "cousin" from the country."
Nancy Scheper-Hughes 163

You might have heard the "myth" about the man visiting a bar in a foreign country and being invited for a drink by a young woman.
He wakes up next morning in a hotel room with a thank you note and two sewn up wounds from where his kidneys were extracted.
This often repeated tale might have taken place in any exotic city in the world. Harvest promoters minimize and cloud the reality of the organ trade with these exaggerated tales.
Their unreliability is used as proof that organ theft is of minimal concern.

It seems that Organ theft is more legal then organ donating!
Source of the article

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

I don't think its more legal. Its just that you cannot catch these people who do this. But to take the side of the organ theives, they take care of their patients and make sure they are fine, before leaving. I guess their is honor in this type of theivery. I don't support it!..lol.. But at least they make sure your fine before leaving (most of them do).

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Hi TheMythLives/

Did you actually read the article(link)?
If you donate your organs once you are dead(well,hopefully it happens then)the organs are used as well as are many other body parts for their scientific experiments.*I wonder why CREMATION IS ALL THE RAGE!!!
Also the many lies they use concerning what actually happens once you are a organ donor!

The Real Myths of Organ Donation
Myth No. 1 DocPreserving organs for harvesting conflicts with treatment for brain damage the injury potential donors usually have.
Preserving organs requires normal body temperature,
higher blood pressure,
increased fluid intake, blood thinning drugs but no brain protecting drugs like barbituratestors will try to keep me alive even though I am an organ donor...
HERE myths of organ donation

I as many people I'm sure would be disgusted at all the lies of this world!
What's happening in politics is bad enough, but when this is happening in hospitals all around the world(well, not all around)where most people have put their faith in,what can happen next?
Ok, Im just sick of the whole world and it's sickos!
Yes, Im a little upset and mad!
Maybe I should stop 'googling' the less I read, the better!

ICXC NIKA
helen

EDIT...*Added cremation

[edit on 7/25/2009 by helen670]

join