It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims could get own Police Force in London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

MUSLIM crime victims could gain the right to have their cases overseen by police from their own religion,

Police in London already give victims the right to ask for a Sikh officer to be involved in an investigation but the scheme could be introduced for other religions elsewhere.

Chief Supt Joanna Young, from the Met’s Criminal Justice Policy Unit, said: “If it’s a success, I would encourage the other (police) associations to do likewise.”

The project is intended to help investigate “honour” killings and forced marriages but Metropolitan Police Federation chairman Peter Smyth said: “We’re stretched thin enough already. Are Sikh officers going to have their rotas changed so there’s always one on duty?

“It’s political correctness gone mad. We talking about the creation of a separate force within a force.”

But Palbinder Singh, chairman of the Metropolitan Police Sikh Association, said: “I don’t believe a white officer is ever going to be fully conversant with a Sikh.”

Article found at: www.express.co.uk...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

LOL, The UK have completely lost their minds!

Immigrants generally immigrate for the opportunities to live in a better society and peacefully assimilate into the culture..... not turn the country you just moved to into the awful place you left from! If people are not willing to follow the laws of the nation... leave or change the constitution / laws via voting.

The PC nutcases over there will allow their nation to fall to ruin... then they will want to migrate here to do the same thing... LOL

[edit on 25-7-2009 by infolurker]

CX

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I wonder how that would work if i tried that in another country?

Can't see a problem with it eh?

Seriously, i'm all for people of different faiths being here in the UK, doesn't bother me at all, but abide by the laws of the country you were born in or wish to live in. if people do not like that, theres another option.

Can you imagine demanding a British copper if you were to be dealt with in another country?

What a joke.

CX.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

LOL... I have a better idea for you (those over there who think this is foolish that is).

If someone demands to be tried / judged under Islamic law... put their asses on a plane to their favorite Islamic totalitarian state / regime. Otherwise, obey the damned laws of the land.

Here are some wise words that ring true today.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt - American Defense Society on January 3, 1919

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This just backs up my claims in another thread before i got bit by several mebers for saying muslims have it their own way.

On top of that we have bouncers becoming a force of their own.

RIP UK.... we had a good innings, better than most but sadly retarded politicians have ruined everything our ancestors fought for.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ok. let's look at this for another minute:

They have their own Islamic schools. Hmm...no big deal. Different religions have their own special schools, that's nothing bad. No problem here.

Then in public schools, they demand their kids be exempted from wearing the school uniform in favor of full hijab or similar, despite the fact that certain moderate Muslim councils have already designed school uniforms that comply with Muslims regs. Em...ok...

Then they get their own courts, Shariah style. Hmmm...special courts for one sector of the populace, to apply their own religious laws to matters of family and property.....err....I'm not liking where this is going.

Now, we have specialized police just for them? Because they don't trust a non-Muslim cop, or a non-Muslim cop is not good enough for them? WTF? Um... if a British citizen was stopped by a Muslim cop and demanded to have a non-Muslim cop, he would be derided as a bigot and a racist. WTF?

What's next...their own parliament? Their own prime minister? Their own military? Their own caliph?

Where does it end?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Canadian here, I for one would never support the idea of having separate anything. Churches, schools that are being funded privately I have no problem with but these folks are going too far. Tolerance is one thing but if people(immigrants) want things to be the way they are in the old country, simply return there.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I guess they want all the benefits and privileges but none of the responsibilities, such as the responsibility to assimilate and adapt to the legal systems and culture of their new country. If we would be subject to their laws and culture in their countries then it would only be fair if it's the same when they are in our countries.

Do they lack even the most basic decency and respect?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
R.I.P. England-Goodnight Sweet Prince

You guys had a good run. You just dropped the ball at the whole "Banning Guns" thing. What can you do right? Oh well, maybe next time you will stay a armed citizen and not a disarmed subject?

Oh wait...there won't be a ....next time

Major Bummer dude.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
R.I.P. England-Goodnight Sweet Prince

You guys had a good run. You just dropped the ball at the whole "Banning Guns" thing. What can you do right? Oh well, maybe next time you will stay a armed citizen and not a disarmed subject?

Oh wait...there won't be a ....next time

Major Bummer dude.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by TurkeyBurgers]

Well, maybe..... A possibility is migration / immigration (of current UK citizens) to other countries such as Canada, Australia, and the US... Then the PC idiot portion of the population can then repeat their mistakes on us.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thi is just getting silly now!

If a law has been broken or a crime commited then it doesn't need an ethnic copper to deal with it. The investigation of that crime is the important factor here and there should be no special considerations as to the ethnicity of the victim or the perpetrator of that crime. If the victims don't want to cooperate with the police for some religious based reason then tough!

As has been mentioned already, if they don't like it then tough, bugger off somewhere else!

Honestly, some of these senior officers, who are supposedly highly educated individuals, need sacking for even suggesting such measures.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Bloody CRAZY!!!
So if I go to live in say,Syria with a boat load of other Brits...can we have our own seperate brit police force in that country?

Can we hell...

I am not Islamophobic by any stretch,but for gods sake,If you want to live here-you gotta abide by our law,and our cops.

Don't like it?Well then try to sucker some other country into modifying their legal system to accomodate you.

I would not expect any country to bow down and change their laws for ME,and people coming to live here should do so because they wish to become a part of our society-not because they wish to abide by their own set of rules....

UK has gone to the rabid mouth foaming dogs of psuedo liberal Neo labour goons,who really seem to be trying their darndest to destroy all we stand for-whilst they carry on telling us everything is fine.Well I am sorry-ITS NOT ALL FINE.
Hell maybe Syria isn't such a bad idea after all...

[edit on 26/7/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am utterly and totally disgusted and for once am absolutely lost for words.

I may return later to try and offer something to this thread but at the moment........

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
not another Muslim bashing thread! Have any of you guys checked the source. The Express Newspaper, makes the sun look like a left wing broad sheet. the owner splashes naked women across his papers daily, yet you take this man' s paper seriously. if the UK is morally corrupt at the moment the Express should take more blame than any Muslim Ive met.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is just plain silly,we should get rid of the sikh police for sikh's aswell.I dont mind muslims having shariah law in domestic issues,i dont mind them having muslim schools and i don't mind them wearing a hijab in public schools.But this takes the biscuit and is completely unnecessary and absurd

But i knew a thread like this would bring out the filthy bigots that infest in our country...I'd chuck them out along with the radical muslims.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ditto - changing laws here for `religious `reasons means the most fanatical religion wins... let muslims get away with their cultural murdering outside their country and its only a matter of time before they kill us too for their gods satisfaction and will plea `religion`there as well and get away with it. The only reason they want their own kind is to be able to continue doing here what they do there - kill for insane reasons and have it justified all in the name of god - Yep, I agree - if they want their religion in the law, send them back to where their religion is the law . They have a plan to undermine western societies however they can - to cause chaos and bloodshed to please their god!

Originally posted by infolurker
reply to post by gatorboi117

LOL, The UK have completely lost their minds!

Immigrants generally immigrate for the opportunities to live in a better society and peacefully assimilate into the culture..... not turn the country you just moved to into the awful place you left from! If people are not willing to follow the laws of the nation... leave or change the constitution / laws via voting.

The PC nutcases over there will allow their nation to fall to ruin... then they will want to migrate here to do the same thing... LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So if a burglar gets caught breaking into someone's home and he's a member of the thieves guild, which of course is his main religion, can he then demand that a bent cop handles the investigation.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Why is this a Muslim bashing thread?
Why should any group of people from any other country or religion be allowed to roll into the UK and mess around with our legal system and police force ?

This is not a Muslim bashing question.

Should I be allowed to roll into Australia and start demanding they change thier laws and police force to accomodate me?

I think not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on the express being a right wing rag...well most of our papers here in the UK are ran by the same people,with the same stories,just written in different styles for different classes of people/different levels of literacy.Right/Left wing takes on a different meaning when the same people own both sides,I think.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't see the problem. Honour Killings in the muslim community are notoriously difficult to solve due to the dis-trust of the police within immigrant communities and the code of silence. If the case is handled by muslim officers then they may help to bring to justice someone who otherwise would get away with terrible crimes. If not, then the scheme will be scrapped.

This is not a case of one rule for us, one for them. If anything its bringing everyone together under the rule of law. I'm frankly amazed at the amount of sensationalists in this thread. You saw the big juicy headline designed to rabble rouse, and you latched on willingly. Shame on you all.

When did pragmatism become a crime?

This is neither the start of a seperate police force, nor the signalling of the death knell of British society. And quite frankly, TurkeyBurgers, i don't see what guns have to do with anything.

Divide and conquer. Looks like they've got the 'divide' part sorted.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As much as i hate to admit it this country is going down hill fast...

I have just come back after 17yrs to visit family and friends in Biringham in the UK and this place is nowhere near what it was....

It seems that everyone that is not muslim has to tread lightly for fear of bieng labeled a bigot or racist and to avoid this i have found that they are moving further out of the city area's to avoid conflict as they become more and more full of muslim families and gangs of muslim youths.

As much as I like the idea of multicultural societies (living in the most multicultural place in the world australia), that isn't whats going on here. I have found they are moving in but are not wiling to to become part of the wider society and are happy to hole themselves up in their area's and trash them.

I am aware im going to get labeled those things now for saying that but i love my home country and hate to see it becoming a place where my own family and friends are no longer happy and feel unsafe in their own country.

Having their own police force will do nothing for building realtionships in this country. If anything it will cause more problems. Whats wrong with one force that incorporates all faiths / ethnic groups and people from this country.

Next we will have Sharia courts where British Citizens are trialed by their laws....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join