It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu fears Prompt Run on UK Pharmacies; Paranoia, Price Gouging, Martial Law Coming!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Pharmacies in England are reporting a run on supplies like surgical masks, thermometers and anti-bacterial gels by customers concerned about swine flu amid a surge in the number of people infected by the virus.

A box of leaflets containing information about swine flu, distributed by the UK's Department of Health.

In some cases, drug stores in England say they are out of the items and may not get more in for weeks or months.

"People are very panicked," said a pharmacy assistant at Zafash Pharmacy in southwest London. "That's why everyone is running for thermometers, surgical masks, and anti-bacterial gels."

The pharmacy was out of stock of anti-bacterial gels last month, but manufacturers are making more so it's back on the shelf, he said. However, it's being sold for nearly double the price, he said.

"They're pennies otherwise to buy, but very quickly some manufacturers have got into the market of producing gels and their prices are quite high," Shah said.
www.cnn.com...

Stories like this are bound to emerge in countries around the world.

Now that the WHO and CDC have basically stopped counting swine flu cases AND testing to the determine if a patient has seasonal flu or swine flu, any case of a person showing signs of the flu is now deemed to automatically be swine flu.

This is dangerous!

This will only lead to further paranoia by the citizenry, believing anybody/everybody who is sick or becomes sick is another victim to the swine flu. Paranoia leads one to kick into "survival mode," hoarding any and all supplies they think they may need, even if they don't need them.

People will be kicking down doors to get their hands on surgical masks (WHICH ARE USELSS AGAINST SWINE FLU STRAIN), ibuprofens, sore throat medicines, anti-bacterial creams, vitamins, waters, etc. At some point, pharamacies will either run out of such supplies or will close their doors because of the overwhelmingly high number of sick, excuse me..."swine flu," contagious patients in their stores. And I haven't even addressed the other threat of "price gougers."

Of course, this only helps the precious government look like the savior. "Take our vaccines, we are here to help you!"

I'm scared ladies and gentlemen. Scared of what is to come...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

. . . People will be kicking down doors to get their hands on surgical masks (WHICH ARE USELSS AGAINST SWINE FLU STRAIN), ibuprofens, sore throat medicines, anti-bacterial creams, vitamins, waters, etc. At some point, pharamacies will either run out of such supplies or will close their doors because of the overwhelmingly high number of sick, excuse me..."swine flu," contagious patients in their stores. And I haven't even addressed the other threat of "price gougers.". . .

Just a note, anti-bacterial medications treat bacteria. Not viruses. When you treat, even overtreat with anti-bacterial agents, patients can end up with diarrhea. This is because the anti-bacterial agents can't ID good vs bad bacteria and with a depletion of E.coli in the intestine, you end up with diarrhea. This severely dehydrates a person. Now, if you add a flu virus into the mix, with vomiting, you're only going to get sicker, quicker.

This kind of panic will only enable the virus to spread quicker with more lethal results.

-I'll get off the teachers podium now-

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

. . . People will be kicking down doors to get their hands on surgical masks (WHICH ARE USELSS AGAINST SWINE FLU STRAIN), ibuprofens, sore throat medicines, anti-bacterial creams, vitamins, waters, etc. At some point, pharamacies will either run out of such supplies or will close their doors because of the overwhelmingly high number of sick, excuse me..."swine flu," contagious patients in their stores. And I haven't even addressed the other threat of "price gougers.". . .

Just a note, anti-bacterial medications treat bacteria. Not viruses. When you treat, even overtreat with anti-bacterial agents, patients can end up with diarrhea. This is because the anti-bacterial agents can't ID good vs bad bacteria and with a depletion of E.coli in the intestine, you end up with diarrhea. This severely dehydrates a person. Now, if you add a flu virus into the mix, with vomiting, you're only going to get sicker, quicker.

This kind of panic will only enable the virus to spread quicker with more lethal results.

-I'll get off the teachers podium now-

Your point is very well-founded and mentioned in the article. It's another example of paranoia that leads to illogical decision-making by the citizenry. Residents had been hoarding supplies, even though it is entirely pointless when it comes to the virus strain, but because of "survival mode," they are gathering all they can.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
100,000 cases in the UK, wow how did it infect so many so fast. Guess by infected visitors or countrymen returning from Americas.

[edit on 25/7/09 by Rhain]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It is extremely important that everybody knows, doctors are no longer testing for Swine Flu. If you come to a doctor's office with symptoms of flu or swine flu, they will now automatically "assume" you have Swine Flu. Don't believe me? Do a Google or Bing search.

This is scary! This means an inflated number of Swine Flu cases will be estimated, causing governments around the world to take very dramatic responses.

So...if you have the following symptoms and are prepared to head to your local doctor's office, be prepared, you've just become a Swine Flu statistic:
Sudden fever (a high body temperature of over 38C or 100.4F) or a sudden cough.

Other symptoms may include:

- headache
- tiredness
- chills
- aching muscles
- limb or joint pain
- diarrhoea or stomach upset
- sore throat
- runny nose
- sneezing
- loss of appetite
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Flu shot isn't for H1N1
The approved seasonal vaccine doesn't protect against swine flu. But you should get it anyway.

Six vaccine manufacturers will be producing the 2009-2010 influenza vaccine. And the vaccines will contain the strains of three viruses -- one of them an "H1N1-like" virus identified as A/Brisbane/59/2007. The strain in the seasonal flu preparation is not the same as the so-called swine flu, however and, therefore, is not expected to carry any protection against it.

So where the heck is that swine flu vaccine? And, in the meantime, why would you go to the trouble to get yourself vaccinated against a flu vaccine that doesn't protect you from the dreaded swine flu?

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My cousin has just told me she's RECOVERED from swine flu.

Make of that what you want....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Flu shot isn't for H1N1
The approved seasonal vaccine doesn't protect against swine flu. But you should get it anyway.

Six vaccine manufacturers will be producing the 2009-2010 influenza vaccine. And the vaccines will contain the strains of three viruses -- one of them an "H1N1-like" virus identified as A/Brisbane/59/2007. The strain in the seasonal flu preparation is not the same as the so-called swine flu, however and, therefore, is not expected to carry any protection against it.

So where the heck is that swine flu vaccine? And, in the meantime, why would you go to the trouble to get yourself vaccinated against a flu vaccine that doesn't protect you from the dreaded swine flu?

www.latimes.com...

In only a matter of a few weeks, America's schoolchildren will likely be required to get both vaccines--Swine Flu and seasonal flu.

I will be attending a meeting on this next week in my local school district. I will post more info following that meeting.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
My cousin has just told me she's RECOVERED from swine flu.

Make of that what you want....

The lethal rate of Swine Flu has never been overwhelmingly high.

And the point of this thread is that since they are no longer doing lab tests to differentiate which flu strain a person has, swine or seasonal, the medical assumption is that anybody with symptoms has swine flu.

This has led to a run on supplies and paranoia.

I'm glad your cousin recovered though! Very good news indeed!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Well that article is telling the truth, I have Swine flu along with about 15 people i know after going to Manchester on Wednesday where many people were ill. For me it isnt so bad but people i know are really ill, 2 are in hospital.

Expect the numbers to keep rising, if it's 100k+ in the UK what about elsewhere? the WHO has already said Swine Flu is in every country on the planet now.

the UK government told us that "they expect 100,000 a week by end of August" not end of July...wonder what will happen next month..

even the people that were laughing at this arent laughing any more now that it's spread EVERYWHERE

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Our country is being isolated, Brits that are abroad are being pressured into coming back to the "disease ridden country", oh and now we are being invaded by killer chipmunks with Lymes disease and rabies >.<
Me and my dad killed 3 this morning at the bottom of the local park.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I swear I had it twice,it was a very strange flu, the first bout was worse the the second, I had it just before the breakout.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I just got back from the big island here in the Caribbean -- my darlin' had to have oral surgery --

And I happened to notice when I was getting her prescriptions, that ALL the vitamin D and D3 was out of stock. Same went for the vitamin store. VitaminD & D3 aren't really vitamins, however have been identified as helping with viruses. We have a healthy stock of D3, and I wanted to get more for folks here locally that might want/need it. NONE to be found.

Cytokine Storm & Vitamin D

Dr. Donald J. Miller - Vitamin D

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

What I wonder about ofcourse: With or WithOut any Vaccines ?
That is the big question , the Vaccines, they are harmful and the flu it self isnt that bad, alot of people have gotten well without vaccines..

It is the ones who take the vaccines that seems to get realy sick..
Tamiflu comes with severe side effects...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I'll ask her next time she's online.

And i'll also ask her what medication (if any) she has taken and did she take a vaccine or anything else?

Funnily enough a poster above mentioned Manchester and that is exactly where she lives, although cases have been reported in my own town.

I totally agree that every bout of flu is being treated as swine flue.

Stay safe people.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thank you for that ! I think it is important we all share what we know..
Here in Norway there was a 14 year old boy sick of the Schwine Flu..

They didnt say if he was any vaccines..
I know a case here two days ago was in a respirator and had gotten TamiFlu. She is beter now, I just wonder if she got sick of the Tami flu or if she got better b/c of the tami flu !

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I just got back from the big island here in the Caribbean -- my darlin' had to have oral surgery --

And I happened to notice when I was getting her prescriptions, that ALL the vitamin D and D3 was out of stock. Same went for the vitamin store. VitaminD & D3 aren't really vitamins, however have been identified as helping with viruses. We have a healthy stock of D3, and I wanted to get more for folks here locally that might want/need it. NONE to be found.

Cytokine Storm & Vitamin D

Dr. Donald J. Miller - Vitamin D

I just returned from a Caribbean vacation this week and I was curious to see any indication of Swine Flu on the Carib countries. I didn't observe anything out of the ordinary though.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Already happened in Argentina, like for about two months now, still no martial law and I'm sure it's not going to happen. But I believe this going on now in the South Hemisphere is to sell you in the "developed" countries fear so they can sell the poison they are manufacturing and eventually it wil reach here too. But still I don't believe that TPTB are so dumb to declare Martial Law, that would be their very end in any country you name...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Narciso

Already happened in Argentina, like for about two months now, still no martial law and I'm sure it's not going to happen. But I believe this going on now in the South Hemisphere is to sell you in the "developed" countries fear so they can sell the poison they are manufacturing and eventually it wil reach here too. But still I don't believe that TPTB are so dumb to declare Martial Law, that would be their very end in any country you name...

I surely hope you are correct!!

Your point about drumming up fear in the Northern hemisphere based on news headlines in the Southern hemisphere is also correct. Every additional headline that can be used as propaganda to sell "urgency" and "danger" has been, and will continue, to be used by the US government.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
only when people start dropping in the streets will i start becoming seriously concerned about this .......this panic buying is self destructive ....remember the fuel blockades ? .......we ground the uk almost to a halt ........be cool everyone !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join