It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New guidelines lead 3 detained immigrants to be freed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

New guidelines lead 3 detained immigrants to be freed

www.azcentral.com

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio promised to keep his controversial crime-suppression operations coming despite a change in federal guidelines that will prevent deputies from arresting immigrants solely for being in the country illegally.

Deputies witnessed the impact of the new regulations during one of the operations Thursday and Friday in the southeast Valley after they released nine people from custody.

The nine were suspected to be in the country illegally, but because they had committed no other criminal or civil violations, the deputies said federal Immigration and Customs E
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I read this this morning and nearly spit my coffee out.So now our government is making it a policy to not arrest and detain illegal immigrants if they commit no other crimes... this kind of makes it hard to enforce the law, does it not. In my opinion this is just the first major step in enacting amnesty which will give the dems the permanent majority that the repubs were hoping for just a few short years ago.

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Okay, so does the government even have the legal authority to make a policy that breaks the law?

I know one thing is that they way it is going they aren't going to have the political clout to grant amnesty, or at least I hope not, good thing election year is coming up so that will save us, I hope.

new topics

join