It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occam's Razor, an epiphany, and the end to Combustible Engines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Earlier today I was talking with a co-worker about a device he and his son created that allows his vehicle to get better gas mileage. It is a simple device really and extremely simple to put together. He was able to create everything he needed for under 200 dollars, even though there are several versions you can buy over the Internet for thousands. This device creates hydrogen that allows fuel to burn more efficiently. I was thinking about creating one over the weekend. Well…

Later that day as I was driving down the road I started thinking about the energy device I created a few years ago and the problems it would have if people used it with their electric cars. The splashing and the vibrations that would cause power issues started bouncing around inside my mind, when I looked to the left and noticed a vehicle passing me, without even realizing it I was staring at its tires and that’s when it hit me. I believe I discovered a very simplistic way of ending combustible engines, and when I explain what I realized you too will know just how simple this idea truly is. The problem I have, after thinking about this for several hours now… there is no way in hell this is the first time this has been discovered. It truly is a simple device that can be created and working within months. At first I was like, I’m gonna be rich… But when I decided there is no way I am the first to put two and two together, then that means this Occam Razor design of mine has actually been purposely hidden from mankind. Well I will be damned if I will allow that to happen again, and that is why I am posting this all over the Internet and sending it to everyone I can think of for free. Here is my epiphany.

As I was staring at that wheel I remember thinking, “boy that sure is a waste of energy.” As soon as that thought cleared my mind, the next thought was hydro-power planets and how they work. So this is my idea that can be made to work several different ways, which means companies from all over the world can build designs of their own.

Why not use the power of the wheel the same way the power of running water is used to create electricity. Like I said there is several ways this could be accomplished, let alone as time progresses how advanced this concept will become.

Design 1) Take the parts used inside the generator and attach them to all four tires itself. Iron and cooper attached to the shaft, with magnetics on the inside of the tire rim. Use a small engine or battery to get the car moving… the motion of all the tires will create all the energy the car needs. The power generated could be sent to several batteries, or some other kind of electricity collector.

Design 2) Create the axel (both front and rear tires), out of iron, have copper wrapped/stringed/or dispersed around the axels, and then have a tube made of magnetics and have the axel suspended within it. As the axel spins around the inside of the magnetic tube energy will be created. Once again the power generated could be sent to several batteries or some other kind of electricity collector.

Design 3) On the inside of the wheel, have a spindle/or smaller wheel of some kind attached to the tire rim so when it turns… it turns the spindle or smaller wheel, that then turns a crank that leads to a small generator that turns the magnetics inside an iron core with cooper wires wrapped tightly inside. The small generator is for slower speeds… for higher speeds and long distance travel have another crank that engages a larger generator from the small generator. If the mathematics and science is done correctly there will be no energy loss so no electric storage is needed, except for maybe headlights and emergency situations.

Design 4) As mentioned above, instead of using the tire rim have the crank spin off the axel that turns the shaft that leads to a small generator that is attached to another larger generator to create the energy that is needed to run the vehicle.

Design 5) Have a small combustible engine turn a crank inside a small generator that builds the electric energy needed quickly, that starts the middle sized generator immediately, and then as speed increases another generator is engaged. Of course, a person or company could create a device that uses just one generator, along with a switch to control the energy displacement…

With these suggestions I am just trying to give several simple designs so more then one person or company can build these devices. All of these designs could/should allow for velocity control. Because sooner or later the Government is going to demand that electric vehicles go from a stop position to sixty mph no faster then in 5 seconds or longer. Let alone the lawsuits that will be created if something like this is not thought of before these all powerful electric cars hit the market… Could you imagine what would happen to an elderly person if they went from zero to sixty in under two seconds. To coin a word, Electric-lash will be the new lawsuit of the future.

The Genie is out of the bottle people!

These designs I have mentioned is simply to get your mind wrapped around this concept. The loss of fuel will more then compensate for the weight of these simple designs. Without question these designs and those made in the future will destroy combustible engines. I guarantee I can make this in my garage and so can you. I mean this whole concept is beyond simple, and there are thousands of examples of how well these generators work.
Yet… how is it possible this simple solution has not been thought of before? I can’t prove that is has, I just don’t see how it could not have been, but the truth is I have never heard of this before. And I doubt you have either… So if it was created before, then someone has hid it from us all. Well as I said, I will be damned if something I discovered that can actually help mankind is going to be hidden. I won’t allow for it, no matter how much money I have to throw away.

(continue below)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well there it is… The Occam’s Razor solution, from a simple epiphany that will end combustible engines forever. If you have an engineering mind, and an electric hybrid… You could have this up and running within a month. Let alone if you are a car manufacturer, you can have thousands of these cars made within two years.

Enjoy the Ride!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
No, sorry to break it to you but it does not work this way..

To create electric energy from mecanical force, you need to apply a force. That means it TAKES "work" to get the electric energy.

The mechanical force or "work" required to charge the batteries attached to the wheels would in turn require more energy from the engine driving the wheels.. just to get the batteries powered.

The energy output from the wheels to the batteries will NOT be enough to drive the car as there will be some losses in the system.

So unless you invent something truly "new", as in a new type of "technology".. then this will not work.. running on ONLY batteries.

Of course you could use the model to get the energy from the momentum of the car instead of breaking, or when going down-hill to charge the batteries up.. but that's what we already have today... the hybrid car..

Nothing new under the sun, sorry.

And before you ask, I'm equivalent masters degree in vehicle engineering..

English is not my native language.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I think you mean "internal combustion", and some electric cars have regenerative braking, which charges the battery turning the motor into a generator via a small control unit.

Problem is with your idea, you'll never make enough power to accelerate, you'll lose more than you'll gain by use of traditional generation methods. Unless you've got some high temp superconductors and frictionless bearings you're not getting too far.

Even your friend's HHO bottle under the hood uses power to produce hydrogen. True, it uses the surplus of power in the electrical system, but run it at night with high beams, foglights, stereo blasting, cellphone charging, and you're probably not using surplus energy anymore and the alternator's increased workload to meet the demand will negate the benefits of the hho boost. Your alternator will be acting like a brake and robbing any power you gain from HHO and probably more. An alternator under a heavy amp load takes a lot of energy to operate

Also think of this, at best, about 8% of the fuel in an intranl combustion engine actually makes the vehicle move. The other 92% is lost in the process due to friction and loads such as alternator, water pump, power steering, emission pump and oil and fuel pumps that may be mechanically driven. So, your engine that may make 100hp at the wheels really is making somewhere around 800+hp but is using 700hp to run the engine support systems itself. About .1% of that energy actually moves the driver and passengers. That'll give you an idea of just how inefficient a system we're looking at when it comes to internal combustion.

I thought you were going to say when you saw the wheels spinning that using a tire that's divided into chamber and using the differential in pressure between the contact patch chamber and the others could be rotationally valved and fed into an accumulator than and then released to drive an air turbine attached to a generator. I bet there's a LOT of energy to extract at highway speeds from the rubber "pounding" the road as the tire rolls. With multiple chambers each chamber will provide a pulse of pneumatic energy at little added weight to the vehicle. Tires heat up and radiate the waste into the atmosphere as heat. Capture that and a few other sources of massive waste and internal combustion engines can become efficient enough to be compatible with green tech such as biofuels without running into supply problems. If you actually maximized the efficiency of your standard car engine by capturing another 8 to 10% of the total energy in a way that it could be utiliized for propulsion OR powering electrical and engine support systems then you'd be getting twice the efficiency.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yah all the prius cars use their brakes to recharge their batteries. I thought this was common knowledge.

I see your friend tried HHO, it works hey? I should try it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Yah all the prius cars use their brakes to recharge their batteries. I thought this was common knowledge.

I see your friend tried HHO, it works hey? I should try it.

The braking recharge for batteries is common knowledge to those who have driven one or knows someone who has one... I've done it and have friends with that vehicle, so yes I already knew about that... Regarding the HHO he swears by it. And he created his own with a two' long by three" wide heavy black tube he picked up at Home depot. The only parts he said you cannot get at Home Depot is the rely and amp switch. Total cost two hundred bucks, plus he uses three stainless steel slabs (cut from old utility boxes) he says he has to replace every two weeks, and instead of using baking soda he says he uses a wood acid treatment powder. I suggested he use copper or a thicker piece of stainless steel or galvanized steel for longer life of the plates. I mention that here for all who are thinking about building one, once again he swears by it and said he increased his mileage by twenty percent, and he's not the only person I know who has one running. The other person I know said they went from 28 mpg to 42 with a three quarter ton.

Hope this info helps people make a decision

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wuushu
Of course you could use the model to get the energy from the momentum of the car instead of breaking, or when going down-hill to charge the batteries up.. but that's what we already have today... the hybrid car..

Nothing new under the sun, sorry.

And before you ask, I'm equivalent masters degree in vehicle engineering..

English is not my native language.

Not that I completely disagree with you... But I can create enough energy with a simple small hand crank with a similar setup to what is mentioned in my previous post and shock the hell out of someone... or run a radio for several hours.... Or sit on a bicycle suspended from the ground attached to a device similar to what I suggested above and run several light bulbs, a ham radio and other electric devices all at once. I know about the resistance, I just don't see how something that weighs almost a ton going down the road cannot create enough torque/to energy ratio. I don't buy it... I am not saying you're wrong, however I'm leaning towards if you're a professional chances are you think you know so why even bother attempting it. I love the fact I keep asking questions and finding answers to things I didn't know I was never supposed to ask. Have you attempted this device... if so can I please read and see the schematics... What's the harm it didn't work remember?

I am the type of person who will re-invent the wheel to see if there is a better design. I'm going to build a device that runs off this concept.... If I can't get enough power from the tires I will try something like from the axels themselves, or some other area or combination of areas using this concept. The mathematics I can do myself, making it work will take time and innovation no doubt… .

Thank you for your professional insight, but unless you can prove you and your peeps built this device I will keep plugging along... let alone the fact I have already sent this concept to several people, so I'm pretty sure there will be many minds working on this concept until it either is solved or dies a long slow death. And I don't think its dead just yet no matter how many people say it can't be done... From my own experience the professionals are almost always wrong because what they know almost always gets in the way of things they don't.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 25-7-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

I believe it would fail to create "overunity" because of entropy. Perhaps i am wrong.

A far better bet would be to use nano piezoelectric generators to take advantage of the mechanical energy created with various vibrations (road, sound, wind, etc).

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I believe it would fail to create "overunity" because of entropy. Perhaps i am wrong.

A far better bet would be to use nano piezoelectric generators to take advantage of the mechanical energy created with various vibrations (road, sound, wind, etc).

Just so I am clear as to your point, you don't believe it will work because of the laws regarding perpetual motion, let alone the loss or bleed off of energy or because of derogations the devices will cease to work over time? I believe I am missing your point, can you please clarify. All comments, pro or con are very welcome.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Any attempt to gain power from the wheels will increase resistence and create more work for the power supply system. Entropy.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
LB, I think you're failing to take into account not only friction, but the energy itself you're trying to extract. It 's more than just putting dissimilar metals next to each other.

When you generate electricity with a rotary mechanical generator you're passing a coil by a magnet, or two coils past each other, with one being energized and acting as an electromagnet. This is how your car's alternator works. If you don't supply current in then nothing will come out with an alternator.

Now, the big deal of WHY it won't work is that when you spin up your armature or rotor and it passes either permanent magnets or a stator, it TRANSFERS energy FROM the rotating part TO electron flow that is "pushed along" by a repeatedly collapsing magnetic field. This means that when the armature passes through the magnetic field it encounters magnetic resistance. The shaft spinning is pushing electrons the same way an air pump would push air, or a water pump pushing water, you're converting physical force to an electrical force with low efficiency.

If this worked i would have had free energy 20 years ago. I hooked up various motors to generators and kept track of what i'd put in and what i'd get out. That's how i'd test electrical motors for performance, by driving one with another and figuring my power loss between the two and from that i could roughly interpolate the loss.

There are ways to make "free energy" but this isn't one of them.

I've also been toying with the idea, just for fun, of making a small vehicle with an array of a version of the shaker flashlights and slightly out of round wheels so that it induces a vibration. It wouldn't be practical by far, but it'd probably ride around on washboard roads forever. I do know of one person powering an electric bicycle by using the suspension's reciprocation to drive a small ratcheted flywheel and recover enough to cover a lot of his power needs when riding on washboard dirt roads. This guy lives about 10 miles down a rough washboard dirt road so it works for him.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Any attempt to gain power from the wheels will increase resistence and create more work for the power supply system. Entropy.

How funny... I understand entropy, however I totally missed your point, I knew I was, thanks for the clarification... It caused a duh moment!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

I completely understand what you are saying and I also see the problems everyone is talking about, however, I believe there might be away around this. Right now as I am bringing pencil to paper to work out a design, I have a fire fighters water hose flashing through my mind. Think... six inch line, dropped to three inch, dropped to one inch and the pressure that comes out the ass end... Right now that is where I am at as I try to design a system I will want to build and try/learn from.

I've only spent a few hours on this, and I do appreciate your expertise, so let me explain where I am at mentally and get your advise, if you don't mind... I am thinking of Using a small amount of resistance, transfer that energy to another apparatus, that in turn, turns something else that begins the build up process towards the finished result.

Maybe tomorrow I will tear apart an old lawnmower that my mother in law has wasting away and start the building process to see what I can find. Once again I don't doubt what you are saying to be true, what I want to know is how to get around those technical difficulties. Any insight or info you are willing to share would be extremely helpful.

Also I understand energy displacement... I will be working on creating another energy source to feed another energy source, and maybe feed it from both ends. Once again I am just starting this processes... As a matter a fact I will be learning about hydro-design over the next couple of weeks... and then go about learning and possibly even buying a cheap electric only vehicle. There is a company in town that sells a 40 mile model for around 8/10K I believe. But that will be later...

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 25-7-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Can i post my thoughts on free energy,

Looking at lightning and how it is made makes think of this, The Earth is essentially a large spinning Magnet that is charging the atmosphere ?

Looking at the Homopolar Generator seems a similar process......If i understand it correctly.

Further i think the Tether experiment by Nasa confirmed electricity is created and stored in the Atmosphere, And similarly when a helicopter lowers a hoist it is advised to let it ground itself before touching it due to "Static" electricity.

The question i have is could free energy be achieved by something as simple as dangling a long wire from a height in an ungrounded way to harvest electricity from the surrounding charged air ?

Has this been tried and does anyone think this could be plausible ?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Can i post my thoughts on free energy,

Looking at lightning and how it is made makes think of this, The Earth is essentially a large spinning Magnet that is charging the atmosphere ?

Looking at the Homopolar Generator seems a similar process......If i understand it correctly.

Further i think the Tether experiment by Nasa confirmed electricity is created and stored in the Atmosphere, And similarly when a helicopter lowers a hoist it is advised to let it ground itself before touching it due to "Static" electricity.

The question i have is could free energy be achieved by something as simple as dangling a long wire from a height in an ungrounded way to harvest electricity from the surrounding charged air ?

Has this been tried and does anyone think this could be plausible ?

The key in your idea is "charge differential" (bear in mind, i am not an engineer, so i make up my own phrases from time to time
).

What you are wanting to do is coax the electrons along the wire to create a current. To do this you have to have a difference in charge relative to the other end of the wire. The electrons will travel along the path of least resistence, which means that if there are less electrons in the environment on one end of the line, they will seek equilibrium by moving to the other end of the line. This is an electric current.

It would work for you IF you could create a material strong enough to reach from the ionosphere to the ground. Carbon nano's are the current thought...but who knows. If you could get it up there, you likely could invoke a stable orbit on the far end, but you may need a mass on the other end to cause this. But, right now, it seems to be unfeasible. Keep in mind that if we could stretch a tether from the surface to LEO, we would be able to launch spacecraft for nearly free by "slinging" them using the tether (imagine a tether swirling end over end in LEO, with the end moving down to the surface, and then picking up cargo to move into orbit without rockets).

The Earth is like a "leaky dipole".

I still assert that piezoelectrics are the best way to go. The use of barium titanate instead of zinc oxide has created a viable nanogenerator. If you could embed them into a carbon nanotube substrate, and create a circuit to deliver the power generated to a central location, you could have "free energy" to power your car and house. The ambient energies are enough. If nothing else, tap into the Schumann frequencies that are ALWAYS reverberating on Earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't get where you're getting power from. You want to run the car with the energy from the rotating wheels. The wheels have to be moving first, though, and you need to drive it with an engine. Where's the power to move the wheels in the first place coming from?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Hello Johnmike,

I think you might be confused, and no doubt that is my fault. What I was attempting to do with my first post, was to open our minds to this concept, while at the same time giving some possibilities. How to generate the power needed to get the vehicle started could be done in several ways. As we see with current electric only vehicles, as long as there is a charge the vehicle will move. The same is true with using old methods.

After talking with my father and some friends, I believe we will begin building something in the near future. Each has agreed to study different aspects of this concept... Right now we are simply in the mental stages, each researching different aspects... If we reach a dead end so be it, but its good clean fun that might actually lead to something… So the simple answer to your question is, right now we don't know, but we do have current examples to go off of.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm not trying to dissuade you by far, but by your firehose example is off. Yeah, you can reduce from 3" to 1" and VELOCITY will INCREASE and PRESSURE will DECREASE. The water will fly out of the nozzle faster, but with FAR LESS force than flowing out of the full 3" at a lower speed.

BTW build highly efficient gas and electric vehicles (bikes,trikes) and have bikes that'll go as fast as you want to on a bike and do it at 150mpg. With pedal assist you can get a 40 mile range out of a battery without making your battery obscenely large. I'm trained as an aircraft mechanic and was on my way to rocket scientist school, but never went because i KNOW that if i enter the industry i'll design stuff that governments will weaponize. I won't have my creations exploited for evil purposes.

LB, you need some education in physics, not trying to put you down, just saying you may need to increase your knowledge of proven laws of physics. Many great physicists, engineers, and mathematicians have already proven or disproven a LOT of what's possible.

It sounds like what you're getting at is using an energized flywheel that will be "bumped" along by the wheel's rotational force, which is a LOT more feasible than trying to run off of regenerative braking. Google it, this idea has been around since probably the early 80's and people have built prototypes. The big problem that was encountered was weight of the flywheel itself (it needs to be HEAVY to work) and also the problem of energizing the flywheel, and the complex systems to make it work efficiently are heavy. There's a few prototype vehicles out there.

One i remember being particularly impressed with was a company (i forget which) designed a GTP class racer (when GTP was big, used to love GTP) which had a propane fueled turboshaft engine which kept a MASSIVE flywheel spinning at uber-silly-high RPM and linked to the drivetrain with a CVT or IVT style gearbox with a limited slip viscous coupling for torque damping. They found the could out-accelerate nearly anything else with wheels because of the massive torque the flywheel had, but for racing i believe they couldn't keep it energized to launch out of corner after corner.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it would be more cool to have wind generators attached to the car that help power it as it moves. Combine this with regenerated breaking and an electric/hyrbid engine and you should be able to use very little gas.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i know a couple people that have already done this and it does give you better gas mileage, not much but some. Look i'm going to explain this in the simplest form i can, so please read all the way through before you reply.

1. the cell "container" that uses electrolysis to split particles of H20 in to hydra-oxide then is collected and fed into the fuel rail of your car, then your cars computer takes over notices the engine running richer and leans up a little, this means the computer physically tells the injectors to put less gasoline through the injectors.
2. now the problem is that it is taking to MUCH power from the battery so your engine has to compensate, because your putting more stress on the alternator to achieve electrolysis, that means your alternator has to put out more energy in order keep the car and the electrolysis fuel cell working.
3. HOW much Energy does it take to accomplish said task, my friends produced 5liters per minute of hydra-oxide. the draw off the battery was at 25-30 amperes on a car battery(12 volts), this was with T-70 grade stainless steel electrodes, not platinum.

Now with that said, i know plans exist that perfects this process and only draws 5-10 amps at most that is not very much, and honestly a car stereo
system pulls more than that. look i have physically seen this completely run a motorcycle engine on a go kart, that was fun has hell. he just had the right setup that did not take very much electricity to keep the engine running. because the engine was a 600 cc yamaha.

Honestly i don't think thats a very good way to completely run the car off the cell alone.

the only way to efficiently run a car without using a drop of gas is to use an EMP motor, they have designs that offer plenty of torque and don't take much electricity to run. the key is resistance, if you could build an electrical circuit that offered zero resistance could you in fact not use energy to accomplish work. super conducting magnets offer zero resistance .

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join