It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Learns of Son's Death on Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Family Learns of Son Death on Internet

news.aol.com

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (July 24) - Abayte Ahmed and her husband learned of their son's death in the most heinous fashion. A family acquaintance called and told them to click on an Internet site. There on the screen were photographs of their 20-year-old son -- the boy with the movie-star looks -- shot through the head thousands of miles away in Somalia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-7-2009 by deepred]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I was suprised at the content in this article. This article is about much more than the headline implies.

I hope some of you will take the time to read this article and share your thoughts.

Are terrorist being recriuted in the USA for use in other countries?

Did the kids volunteer or had they been kidnapped?

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Brainwashed and recruited?

More from article...

..."His parents said they believe their son was brainwashed and recruited to fight in the civil war between Somalia's unstable transitional government and Al-Shabaab. Al-Shabaab remains entrenched in northeast Somalia and in sections south of Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, after fighting that has uprooted more than 200,000 people since early May, according to the United Nations."

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
OMG. Poor parents. Could you imagine having to see that?

I wouldn't even look if I was that kid's dad.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

For some reason the episode of south park where Cartman went to Somalia to be a pirate comes to mind..

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Screw that dumb-ass kid and his parents for not raising him better.
2nd line just for giggles....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

WOW! How sick are you?

Maybe it should have been you and not him.

If there are people as sick as you in the world no wonder the world will end. "Too much bad stuff, let's start again", said the creators.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I'm sorry to have offended you but I stand by my statement.

Ran off to fight in a civil war that has been going on for decades? For what purpose?

Darwin Award nominee....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

You offended every rightminded person that read your post.

YES, civil wars are EVIL.

YES, ALL wars are EVIL.

YES, the people who have the power to guide the human race to safety and preserve the planet ARE EVIL AND ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY.

That is why the planet will probably perish, and all of us, and the poor hapless animals, and the poor helpless children who rely on us.

I say SHAME ON YOU to those people.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

While I disagree with your fist sentance, I DO agree with the rest of your post.

Perhaps my language was a little strong in my first post.

I don't post here to cause contriversy or to start a fight with people that can teach me something.

Your comments have given me reason to pause and think. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HERACAT
Screw that dumb-ass kid and his parents for not raising him better.
2nd line just for giggles....

I am not sure I understand what you are saying,

Do you think that better parenting would have prevented this?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Perhaps. If you read my reply to SPELLBOUND you will see that my post has written checks my real soul can't cash.

I was wrong and admit it.

If you are among the offended then you have my apology as well.

That's what I get get for being a smartass.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

Do not be so quick to apologize Heracat, ..... once again, this boy was recruited by a terrorist group....... he was a TERRORIST. He went over there to take lives, .... he deserved to be killed, he knew what he was getting into. And although I feel sorrow for his parents, ..... the longer he would have lived, .... the more lives he would have taken, one of the boys recruited with him was a suicide bomber !!! do not look upon him as a victim, he would have shown you no mercy if it had been you in his way.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is a very sad article. I think too many times, parents think if they don't tell their kids about things, then maybe they won't learn about them. I am guilty of this too. I think this kid started out curious about the country of his roots and ended up involved in something that he couldn't control. The majority of American kids (my take on it) are naive - especially about war.

This could easily have been any one of our kids... I know I'm projecting my family's situation onto what I perceive as his but I can't help it. This article is sad.

I wish there were a "crying" icon I could insert here - I would.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I wish there were a "crying" icon I could insert here - I would.

line whatever.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I thought this would have been a post with him being a humanitarian volunteer and he was tortured and killed and posted on the internet by terrorists. Thank god it wasn't that as I would have gone insane

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

"His parents said they believe their son was brainwashed and recruited to fight in the civil war between Somalia's unstable transitional government and Al-Shabaab."

So. Let us all get pissed off at some brainwashing that has led young men to die in war far from here.

Remember this story? 19 hijackers with box cutters take over four planes, flying two of them into the WTC, thus causing THREE buildings to collapse because of FIRE - not because of airplane strikes because only two were hit - when no other steel structures in the world have ever collapsed because of fire, before or since, thus leading to the war on a metaphor(terror) in Iraq and Afghanistan, all the while remembering that most of the "hijackers" were from Saudi Arabia, not Iraq or Afghanistan. SO, why are we in these countries, fighting for the corporations/government to make money off Iraq oil and Afghan pipeline access/heroin?

It's not just Somalia, it's everywhere. We the people fight the wars so the bankers can make money, not to protect us from a metaphor or to bring democracy to the heathens of the world or to stop Iraq from using nonexistent WMD on the U.S. when they couldn't spit on their own shoes let alone attack us.

Do not be so quick to apologize Heracat, ..... once again, this boy was recruited by a terrorist group....... he was a TERRORIST. He went over there to take lives, .... he deserved to be killed, he knew what he was getting into.

IntastellaBurst, one could argue that our boys( the U.S.) were recruited by a terrorist group to go over to Iraq and Afghanistan to take lives and deserve to be killed and that they know what they are getting into so it's ok. Heck, right now the U.S. government is in the last stages of perfecting terrorism against it's own citizens, circumventing the Constitution and creating a totalitarian system of government, all for our own good.

So, go ahead and bitch about the terrorists of the world, the big bad evil terrorists who are hell bent on destroying the U.S. but remember who they REALLY are. Or don't take a look in your own backyard and see what is really going on, who really is in charge(sure ain't Obama).

You want to fight real terrorism? Go take down a bank. Beat up some Big Pharma lobbyists(ANY LOBBYISTS LOL). Take the control of our government back from the corporations and the politicians who have subverted it for their own gain, get your pitchforks and torches out and do something instead of whining about enemies from afar that can't do more than poke us in the side with a blunt stick.

I'm just going to stop there. I could go on, sure, but there's no need. Be afwaid, vewy afwaid, of the big bad terrorists of the world, if you so choose. I can't change your opinion. If it makes you all feel good to bitch about Somalian terrorists, then so be it. They aren't the ones to be afraid of.

Sorry if I derail the thread, but I'm not sorry about the rant. I'm sick and tired of hearing about terrorists. I hear the word terrorist, I think J.P. Morgan. Seriously, that guy was evil and did more damage than any hundred Somalian terrorists. Some kid in Somalia, I ain't worried about.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm going to have to tell you all, this isn't news. There have been terrorists recruted from the US before. Worse they are also being trained here as well. As of 2002/3 (Terrorist network), the government knew of about 20 some camps. In 2006 the below quoted text ws accurate.

Then the media picks up on it in 2009, making it inaccurate.
If from 02-03 we had 20 camps, in 06 there were 35, does that mean there are 45 or 50 today?

Then recently the media reported over 35;

The 2006 Justice Department document, which exposes 35 terrorist training compounds in the U.S., was marked “Dissemination Restricted to Law Enforcement.” All the copies of Gilani’s terrorist training video, “Soldiers of Allah,” had been confiscated and sealed.

35 Terrorist Training Camps Located INSIDE The U.S. Exposed In Documentary

Why Doesn't Law Go After Domestic Terrorists?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Those poor kids. Right.

One of the missing youth, Shirwa Ahmed, 27, blew up himself and 29 others last fall in Somalia in what is believed to be the first suicide bombing carried out by a naturalized U.S. citizen. Ahmed had traveled from Minneapolis. The attack raised red flags throughout the U.S. intelligence community and sparked an investigation by the FBI.

Another tick on the tally of the 'religion of peace'.

Bihi and community leader Omar Jamal said they hold one place at least loosely responsible: the Abubakar as-Saddique Islamic Center, the largest mosque in Minneapolis.

"All these kids missing, they all have one thing in common: They all participated in youth programs in that mosque," said Jamal.

Jamal and Bihi said leaders of the mosque, at the very least, allowed people to come around their facility and recruit young men to fight in Somalia -- a charge the head imam denies. CNN was not allowed inside the mosque, but was granted an interview with the imam at a different location.

top topics

join