It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog got put down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My 2 year old german shepard got out of his holding area yesterday and went out on to the street. He starting fighting with a dog some woman was walking (very uncharacteristic for him) and the woman tired to pick her dog up and got bitten (still unclear by which dog). I heard the screams and ran out to help and was shocked to see it was my dog, whom was now perfectly calm eyeing the dog in the womans arms. Anyway the woman ran off before i could see if she needed help and i took the dog and lock him up again. Hour later and the dog warden appears and says the dog was complained and needs to be taken to the pound to check for disease as a precaution. He promised I would have the dog back by the next morning.
When the warden got the dog to the pound he had trouble getting him into a holding pen (dog was frightend ffs) and then decided the dog had to be put down, even though the lady who was bitten did not want that to happen. That dog was the most friendly and playfull animal I have ever owned and to ends its life after one incident that was a freak accident seems so unfair

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PlayeR87

I'm so sorry. That's so hard. And awful.

I had to put down a cat for behavioral problems after we saved her from a kill shelter. It was awful, we couldn't even give her up for adoption.

My friend once had a puppy who attacked a little girl and ripped part of her lip. They had to put the dog down, too.

I'm sorry.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Aww Im sorry, thats terrible.

Seems a little harsh considering the woman tried to get in the middle of it all, so the dog probably didnt even mean to bite her. But still, very sad.

new topics

join