It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upgrades to the already dominating MBT are a go!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Turkey's invovlement has gotten the praise it deserved.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Wiki has totally lost its credibility with me.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by archibald watkins
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

If there are, I haven t read about it yet.

What I mean is that the T-72 is slightly less effective than the Abrams, but then we get into more advanced tanks like T-80 and T-90 and it's a different story.

Wiki has totally lost its credibility with me.

Wiki is maintained by thousands of people just like us or more experienced. It's a social effort, not controlled by one ignorant source. That's why I depend on it.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The bagdad airport T72's are just standard 80's T72's afaik. As for their ammo, the state of their targetting equipment, their hit percentage we dont know.

There is a good chance that new T72 versions can handle the M1A1(with handle i mean taking it on in somewhat even terms)

I however am pretty sure that the M1A2 sep is a superior tank to the T72. In terms of actual combat. It very well might be that in a conventional war the latest t72's will prove to be superior though lower cost and faster production. (the t34 effect if you will)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Watched a program about challenger 2 the other night The Royal Scots
Regt the chaly 2 that lost its tracks and was nearly overrun by the Iraq republican guard, it took a direct hit from a TOW missile and several hits from a RPG had all its visors and radio antena shoot out and still survived to fight on, the crew all safe and well, that's what ya call a tank

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by Truth4hire

It's his job. His job is drive tanks. His chosen profession, from what I ascertain when reading his post, is that of a soldier, assigned to protect you from all enemies foreign and domestic. That is, if you live in the US>

Yes, i believe this is exactly the problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mbzastava

How is that a problem....not saying that we are at any immediate threat from a force that could stand toe to toe, but you think if there was...you could be saved by hugs?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join