It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARA: Birth of a Paranormal Research Group.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Pay particular attention to smells. Many times they herald the approach or presence of "the others"

And it never hurts to have a blessed talisman or protective charm.

Evil does exist. Always be armed with the sword of faith and the armor of knowledge.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I give you my word, I will pay attention to smells. I try to stay cognizant of any changes or happenings while out exploring. Especially if I smell something really bad. Then I'll call over whoever else is on the hunt and have them check it out.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa, what sort of odors?

mrwupy, fascinating account.

Do you ( or anyone ) know whether an experience my Father had in ICU ties into this subject?

He was not what you'd call religious, nor spiritual at all. He was on a morphine drip, I believe, but had very lucid moments as the drug eased up. He told me he could see figures, apparitions if you will, walking in the hospital room. I never got clear descriptions from him, said he didn't recognize them, just that they appeared more elderly, and I think he said they wore robes of some kind.

Perhaps he was just hallucinating, from the medication???

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You can't hallucinate on morphine, and I don't know of anyone of hallucinated from it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa, what sort of odors?

Having lived around the Rez/Pueblo for around 25yrs and being acquainted and schooled by a few very wise shamans....

Floral scents indicate a spiritual/religious being.
Electrical/Ozone smells indicate other worldly beings
Wet hair smell indicates the presence of "the trickster" nothing you see is what it appears.

Carrion/death smell is the scent of evil and time to go to the bar.
Tobacco smells indicate a very old spirit.

A word of caution....
If you have females in your group and they are experiencing their period; they should stay home.

Be patient, be careful (more careful of people than ghosts)

Wise words from Badgerprints

[edit on 9-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I don't know if your father was seeing actual apparitions or not, but perhaps when someone is close to passing they can. (Whether they actually pass or not.)

My Grandmother was in a nursing home and close to death. She kept talking about my grandfather who had died decades earlier. Talking about his being in the room with her. My sister decided to explore this.

"Grandma," She asked, "Have you talked to Grandpa lately?"

My Grandmother looked at her with an odd expression and said, "Child your Grandpa has been dead for 25 years!"

OK, it was funny at the time.

But she would still talk about my Grandfather as if he were in the room, and visiting her. Right up until she died.

Death, or the approach of death, does strange things to each of us. I almost look forward to the adventure of dying. Someday, way way in the future. Like a thousand years from now.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa, that's really interesting. Thanks.

Never heard before of odors associated, always thought it was purely visual and aural, but I guess it makes sense, if you perceive one of those 'senses'...

This is what is so puzzling, and fascinating, about the topic. How can these 'energies', or whatever we can call them, if they are non-corporeal, manifest these things??

I want to emphasize that I have NO personal experiences to relate ( other than what my Father told me ) but I don't dismiss this subject out of hand, just because I'm apparently not "tuned" in to the perceptual awareness needed. I lack the exposure, but can't deny the many, many reports that continue to exist on the phenomenom. SO, makes me interested.....

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh sounds fun!!

Why not take a dog along with you? They are more in tune with whatever ghosts are.

I have a picture of my dogs both looking at the same orb from across the room its a pretty cool picture!

Too bad its actually a picture not a digital one.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Mr Wup, when you are ready, u2u me and I can be your guide to a place where the line between religion, paranormal, mysticism and nuts and bolts UFO's, dimensions, is so blurred that that it's difficult to comprehend anything. I have been there many times and it's always different.

Read Chris O'Brian for a little taste.

www.allbookstores.com...'Brien.html

[edit on 18-8-2009 by whaaa]

CX

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Does anyone have any tips to ghost hunting? Anything at all you'd like to share? I could use the advice.

Congratulations on getting involved in something as interesting like this, i look forward to hearing of more of your exploits.

As for advice, i'm not really qualified to give paranormal advice, however my daughters and i often go out on mini ghost investigations. I would just say, take tons of pics, even if you see nothing. It's amazing what you pic up afterwards on the computer screen.

These are my faves from our past trips, neither of these were seen at the time.

The strange lights in front of or on my daughters....

And the spooky "punch and judy" type face in the cemetary trees..filled my pants when i saw this one lol.

CX.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the ranks..
Its interesting and frustrating at the same time.
My main advice is Never go alone, always pair up in teams of 2 or more. For a few reasons but mainly saftey, get hurt you have someone close to keep a eye out for you, The other is for back up..."Dude did you see that" so you dont just blow something off as in your mind, when it was actualy there, or so your mind wont be on hyper drive and see things that are not there.. our rule always 2 or more together at all times, never alone.
The other advise is paperwork.. lots of it. cover your butt. If you need samples, U2U me and i can ship you some you can modify we use.

Sounds like the start to a great group, keep at it, even when it gets boring, and you will not only belive, but be freaked out and amazed at the same time.

as in hamlett "There is more between heaven and hell than meer man will ever know"

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Oh sounds fun!!

Why not take a dog along with you? They are more in tune with whatever ghosts are.

I've never thought of that. I don't own a dog though, but I suppose my son might let me use his. I'll give it some thought.

The group is going to another cemetery tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll make it. The following week there is an old mortuary in Gentry we'll be visiting. That should be fun.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

These are my faves from our past trips, neither of these were seen at the time.

Thanks for sharing CX. That mask thing in the second picture is spooky as all get out. I'm not sure what I'd do if I ran into something like that during the hunt. but I hope someday to find out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join