It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crash Event: Shag Harbor, 1967

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
One more thing that I find interesting is the overall lack of a shape. Even with it being night, it was clear out. But yet all we have is lights, one witness (the 12 year old boy) stated it looked like a orb, or spherical but that is all as far as I know. Of course we know that it is commonly reported that some UFOs seem to not have a shape at all, but rater are "made of energy". I think in this case however we have likely something that was obscured by its own lights, since there are reports of the salvaging of material debris.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So it crashed in 30 metres of water. The object was reported as roughly 20 metres (60 feet) across. I wonder if any witness gave an estimate of the height of the object as well. I find it hard to believe divers never found anything at this depth, then again there are rumours that the object had apparently moved a couple of miles I think? further up the coast.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

Correct, it moved(reportedly) 30 miles northeast and came to rest in Shelburne Harbor. At that point it is said another craft came to "assist" it. The UFO also came to rest on a magnetic sub detection system. Now was this on purpose? Maybe to harness some of the magnetic field? Just speculating on that though. The secret fleet that was reported to have been seen was said to be using sonar, hydrophones, divers, and cameras to document and retrieve. Although I assume once that other ship came the divers didn't go down anymore.

I would also imagine the depth of Shelburne to be much deeper, considering the detectin system was there, and judging by the water darkness in the sat pics.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I just found an interesting article related to the incident dated the 26th of July 09 (last Sunday). It describes research that was conducted a week earlier -

Here is the link:

Expedition Team Dives at Shag Harbour UFO Crash Site

I thought you might find this interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

Thanks for pointing that out, I read that the other day, someone made a thread about it. They did not find anything sadly.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

nice work on this jkrog08 ,

this is certainly a intriguing and thought provoking story. i think it was a ufo and not some man made craft because of the description of the object. i am not entirely sure it would be accurate to call this a crash since we don't really know if anykind of crash debri was actually found.

just my opinion.................................S+F

[edit on 28-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Krog, I was thinking and something to came mind. Was their any water chemistry tests done to see if the water chemistry changed at all after the event? Because I heard theories that UFO's could have radiation, strong magnetic covers, and other theories, just wondering if a PH test was done or any water chemistry tests?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Not to my knowledge. I was pretty thorough in my research, but I could have missed it, but we know how public investigations of UFO crashes go--I am sure the military did some though.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I was just thinking again about the "mile wide" UFO's as written of in Knapp's "Skinwalker" book.

Have you ever pulled together one of your (brilliant) threads about that whole thing?

Or, do you think it's been "done to death" (or perhaps BS).

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Well as far as Skinwalker Ranch goes--It is certainly one of the more intriguing cases out there, I have only somewhat delve deep into it but on the surface I see no evidence of a hoax thus far, nor any logical evidence of a widespread delusion--BUT I also see no solid evidence to back up the claims either. So I am still undecided on the whole Skinwalker issue. I will say that there are many stories, both widely known (online) and not so widely known (not online and from personal sources) that would seem to give some credence to the ranch, but without more investigations it will remain unknown hat really is going on.

As far as the mile-wide UFO..Are you talking about the "refrigerator shaped UFO" they saw? I do not remember a "mile wide UFO" in any reports (but again I have not deeply researched it). Now if you are asking my opinion on the Yukon UFO compared to what was seen at the ranch, then yea it all could be conected, it may not be. We still don't know what the pilots of UFOs are[if they indeed have them] (time travelers, aliens, interdimensional beings, etc, et,c) Anyways, that is my thoughts on that, I hope I answered your question some what. A little off topic(esspecally my long reply) but still a great question.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I know this is a fairly old thread, but I would like to see it rekindled. I am from Shag Harbour and have a fair amout of knowledge of the event, including speaking first hand with the researcher in charge of the 2009 dive to the site.

I am not necessarily a believer in the event in as much as it was a true UFO, but something did crash into the harbour in 1967. The Coast Guard was involved as was the RCMP.

The most interesting aspect for me was that none of the witnesses claimed a UFO. They reported a plane crash. The first reports of a UFO came from the government.

If anyone wants to keep this thread going, I will be more than happy to share any knowledge I have

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What an OUTSTANDING presentation, very very well done! It still amazes me to this day how few Canadians know that this event even took place right in their own backyard... Like the previous poster, it would be interesting and insightful to hear more information from people living in the area. Who's buttons do we as Canadians need to 'push' to have more documentation of this event released into the public domain regarding this incident? Multiple dive teams, sonar echo grams and photographs must still be hidden away someplace in Canadian archives...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I agree..I'm 40 years old and didn't hear of this until I was into my late 20's.

I think there may be alot to this that we don't know.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My first flag

Great work, man.
I didn't hear of this case. I think I am too young, lol

Bump..

[edit on 23-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
One thought I had during it all regarding the yellow foam, was, the US Navy Submarines of that ere released a die from an outer compartment when stranded sitting on the bottom an unable to communicate, to send a visual surface location type beacon.

I'm not suggesting it was in anyway a sub or man-made, but suggesting the possibility the yellow foam might have been a visionary signal meaning UFOs cannot communicate submerged in water?

Decoy

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vienna1399
I know this is a fairly old thread, but I would like to see it rekindled. I am from Shag Harbour and have a fair amount of knowledge of the event, including speaking first hand with the researcher in charge of the 2009 dive to the site.

I am not necessarily a believer in the event in as much as it was a true UFO, but something did crash into the harbour in 1967. The Coast Guard was involved as was the RCMP.

The most interesting aspect for me was that none of the witnesses claimed a UFO. They reported a plane crash. The first reports of a UFO came from the government.

If anyone wants to keep this thread going, I will be more than happy to share any knowledge I have

Thanks...

So can you add any insight into this event that other researchers or myself might have missed? Do you know of any other reports of a joint US/Canadian Navy operation in the nearby Shelborne Bay? Really anything that you can add to would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks again for the bump and your willingness to add what you can to this great case.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

One interesting thing I came across recently is an email that was sent to Discovery Channel after the airing of the first TV special on the event.

I can't remember it word for word now as it was in the book "Canadian UFO Report" by Chris A. Rutkowski and Geoff Dittman, but the gist of it was this:

An angry viewer claimed they had a family member who shared a hospital room with one of the watchmen at the Shag Harbour Rockweed plant (the crash supposedly occured in the harbour behind the plant). This watchman claimed that he and two others, on the night of the crash, set off a series of flares while on duty. He claims that these flares were what was seen falling into the harbour. He never came forward at the time for fear of losing his job. I have asked around, but no-one I spoke with had any idea who would have been working at the plant in 1967.

Now, some of the reports I have heard do match the description of 4-5 flares falling one after another into the harbour, but the foam cannot be explained that way. Nor can the reports of a "dark object" seen heading out to sea after the crash.

I have lived all of my 40 years in Shag Harbour and have NEVER heard this claim before, so I was very surprised when I read the email reproduced in the book.

The Shelburne Harbour incident is also very interesting. Howerver, most of what I know regarding this search is from reading reports as I have never spoken to anyone involved.

One piece of new information that came to light during the Shag Harbour UFO Festival this summer was of the crew of an american airliner that was in the vicinity of Yarmouth, NS on Oct 4, 1967. Yarmouth is about 50 miles west of Shag Harbour. Apparently, this crew saw something as well but never came forward until now, mainly because they had never heard the stories of the crash in Shag Harbour. This pretty much rules out flares for me.

Something that amazes me is that to this day, the original witnesses still say they think it was a plane of some kind that crashed.

Vienna

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vienna1399

What exactly did the plane crew say they saw? Also, I would like to know more about the "flare reports" if possible. Thanks for bringing us this information.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
What an OUTSTANDING presentation, very very well done! It still amazes me to this day how few Canadians know that this event even took place right in their own backyard..

Jocko -it sure is an outstanding thread and I suspect you're right about a lot of Canadians still being completely unaware of the incident.

There's also the physical aspect to this case in the form of the strange 'sulphur smelling' foam found where the object went into the water which is pretty freaky.

One of the most extraordinary, UFO encounters of the twentieth century occurred in the tiny fishing community of Shag Harbor on the southern tip of Nova Scotia. This event, while relatively obscure in the sense of public awareness, is one of the most thoroughly and officially documented UFO encounters of the last 30 years, and is easily as sensational and as mystifying as the famous Roswell incident..

After about five minutes, the object started to sink beneath the icy North Atlantic waves. A few of the eyewitnesses reported hearing a "whooshing" noise. While the RCMP had already been in communication with the Canadian Cost Guard and Cutter 101 was on the way, two of the RCMP officers and a few local fisherman hurriedly launched their boats to speed to the rescue of any survivors.
As the small boats, and Cutter 101 reached the location, the lights were no longer visible but they found themselves sailing through a thick yellow foam, that indicated that something had submerged. The fisherman report that the foam was not sea foam, and looked like nothing they had ever seen. In fact most were unnerved by the fact that they had to sail through it to look for survivors.

UFO Physical Trace Research

Cheers.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Vienna1399

What exactly did the plane crew say they saw? Also, I would like to know more about the "flare reports" if possible. Thanks for bringing us this information.

The documentary from the discovery channel has the details of what the plane crew claimed they saw. There are two of them so worth watching both, they are on Youtube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join