It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Cars, Wild Women? No Thanks, say Men

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

Thursday, 23 July 2009
Forget fast cars and wild women. The recession has changed the way many younger men are living, with stability and security at work and home becoming top priorities, according to a survey.

It showed that men are putting a bigger emphasis on security in their jobs and at home in a return to traditionalism, including smartening up their wardrobes, although they are continuing to embrace new technology at a fast pace.

"We have seen a clear move by men toward seeking more security in their finances, in their relationships and in the workplace," said James Bassil, editor in chief of the website AskMen.com, which conducted the poll.

"It seems guys haven't been as affected as negatively as they anticipated by the downturn but they've changed their habits pretty dramatically to anticipate losing their jobs or careers changed and are saving more money and seeking more stability in their jobs than in the past," he added.

The annual lifestyle survey by AskMen.com (here) included 50,000 men in their 20s, 30s and 40s who were questioned about how the economic crisis had impacted their lives.

It showed that five percent more men than last year said stability and security were key attractions in a new job while salary was no longer the most important factor.

I find this article very strange as to men's preference in life style; because most of the men I talk to, and some of them are fairly old; would prefer the life style with multiple partners and lot's of partying.
And a fast car to take them to the party.
Perhaps Men think differently here in the High Desert. Or perhaps the way men talk around other men is not actually their true feelings.

I would venture to say that the male members of ATS, probably are some of the wilder and crazier dwellers of planet earth.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Some interesting points indeed.

I'd vouch that some men I know, not friends, but associate with at functions etc, are categorically chauvanistic in their attitudes about women, in the company of other males. Macho-esque and egocentricity is common place when any male in a group of males is self-declaring alpha maleism. The ''knowledge'' of power and cars added to that.

I also speak to them outside of the collective and find they are monumentally insecure and tend to have more negative pyschology attached their personas than anything. Although ''good'' in nature, the cracks are painfully obvious. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, that some men are actually realising that there's more important values to consider in thier lives than playing partisan to group heirarchy.

Unfortunately I don't believe the harmonics of young male behaviour with perspective in society has altered, and while I accept more and more men acknowledge the importance of security both professionally and financially, sadly, the desire to prioritise on one's appearances above and beyond that of the welfare of his own continues.

Face value suggests this survey is inaccurate, although very likely plausible. I sadly cannot relate, purely because the basis is very generic by purpose.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm not surprised that a lot of people are changing attitudes based upon current conditions. It's probably all over the place; some change some don't. Some don't need to.

I for one haven't changed. But in comparison to me, Ward Cleaver is practically a beatnik.

Points for using Macedonia On Line as a linked source. I haven't seen that one before.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ill keep my fast car and yeah, wild women always add some spice to life.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752
Some interesting points indeed.

I'd vouch that some men I know, not friends, but associate with at functions etc, are categorically chauvanistic in their attitudes about women, in the company of other males. Macho-esque and egocentricity is common place when any male in a group of males is self-declaring alpha maleism. The ''knowledge'' of power and cars added to that.

I also speak to them outside of the collective and find they are monumentally insecure and tend to have more negative pyschology attached their personas than anything. Although ''good'' in nature, the cracks are painfully obvious. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, that some men are actually realising that there's more important values to consider in thier lives than playing partisan to group heirarchy.

Unfortunately I don't believe the harmonics of young male behaviour with perspective in society has altered, and while I accept more and more men acknowledge the importance of security both professionally and financially, sadly, the desire to prioritise on one's appearances above and beyond that of the welfare of his own continues.

Face value suggests this survey is inaccurate, although very likely plausible. I sadly cannot relate, purely because the basis is very generic by purpose.

"monumentally insecure" describes you pretty well you sexist swine.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Beatnik.....

I would think that anyone using that term probably has entered into life's phase where fast cars and wild women are not priority anymore. But a lively fantasy. Just speaking from personal experience here.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
LOL @ Beatnik!

It all depends on age - I think!?

Sadly I don't think I can keep up with fast going wild women these days!

And my fast car days is behind me as well! (I had the pleasure of owning a couple of American muscle cars together with my brothers in the mid 80's)

Hybrid family SUV anyone?

But I surely miss those days from time to time! - Aaahh! the memories of youth!

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Most appropriate term for Ward's era though, no? Actually fast cars and publicly wild women were never a priority of mine. Both can get you killed. I've always been more of a Harley and one woman at a time type. And if they're obviously wild, then they were never my type. And I've just never been a car guy. One's the same as another to me. Just get me there and don't cost me too much, that's all I want.

Hey that's just me. And I've been very married for 20 years. That's been my priority.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Maybe this is normal outside of California but here in Sunny Cal its a different story! We still have our Need for Speed Cars Fast Women and Fast Lifestyle thats what makes Californians unique even if the State is broke we still flaunt our style in the worlds face!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
While fast cars (exotic to be precise) would be a nice thing, I'm not so sure about the 'wild' women. Well, depending on how you define wild; either they just like to party or maybe they're the party and complete bi-polar type.

Watch out for those -

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I like 'em both, but can't afford either.

Lots of knockout women where I live, but I don't have a fat enough wallet for them it seems

Eh, at least I'm smart, funny, & easy on the eyes I guess.

That has to count for something, right?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well.. i sure fit the stability an security guy.. and it wasnt the economic crisis that left me like that.. I was always like that.. And, till this day, ive got to sya that the crisis hasnt got me yet.. Hope never do

As for fast cars and wild girls.. I dont enjoy much driving a car.. i prefer walk or bike
There is so much to be seen on a place without using the car
(ye, i admit ive been "brainwashed", since im a urban planner.. not that i have anything against who drives.. perhaps if they do it just for 50 meters.. ye it happens
)..

As for wild girls.. it depends on the girl.. if she can combine wild moments with more sweet ones, im selled

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Picao84]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wild women are hot until they puke in your fast car.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I prefer fast women and wild animals.

In that order.

--

I'm ugly, but at least i'm stupid.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well...Fast Cars,Wild Woman, will do me just fine thanks!!

2ndline

Tsom87

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Fast women.....
I'll show you some fast women....

www.youtube.com...

and

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think that men are evolving, that they are indeed returning to a more traditional way of living. The main reason is that they have wised up and discovered that the wildest women are a high risk for STDs and infidelity.

There is nothing wrong with looking, there is nothing wrong with fantasy, but when it comes down to the more educated individual they are tuned into the serious state of our economic and world condition and that alone causes a pause for thought and change in direction for their Real Lives and the future.

It is one thing to go to a party, to enjoy watching and playing a role in public social life, yet quite another deal when you think about surviving anything headed our way.

If I were a guy, I would look for someone stable, someone who has been wild and is now ready to get more serious in life and yet still wild with the one on one in the bedroom.

Once you take the red pill, you just cant see the blue pill women in the same way.

And as for fast cars, well that will never change, but priorities do if you live within a budget.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There you go. I'm evolved and serious.

[hides rubber chicken and arrow-through-head prop in desk]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hormones are not something you are allowed the privilege of regulating. You run what you brung. Testosterone levels are not "adjustable".

You probably do not understand the beauty and complexity of a fine piece of Engineering and Craftsmanship unless you have owned a BMW M series vehicle. If you have the means I highly recommend it. It is so choice.

"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar." -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn in Serenity

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

The thing is you can still maintain the fun guy attitude but do it in a way that does not risk you and your future security.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join