It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough already about my avatar!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I love your avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact I think I should start a thread about how great it is

So all those people that are complaining about it....you have me to contend with too

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh my....

I love the avatar that you have right now M!!

People are ragging it because most of them never saw the 1980s.
I've heard some people say that music from the 80s just sounded cheesy. Compare it to music now and see who the cheesy one is. The music of the decade was mostly divided up into four groups.

1. Hair Bands
2. Metal !..!,
3. Pop Music
4. Country

I bet that most kids now a days do not even know who Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, and Judas Priest are. Most kids now listen to rap music or "rock" music that just down right sucks. Give me some Run DMC or some REO Speedwagon and I'll be a happy camper.

However, there is one particular month in 1985 that I want to relive again. That would be Chesapeake & Ohio 614T(est) on what would be its final run on home rails during the month of Janurary. These tests were made on revenue coal and some merchandise freight runs between Huntington, WV. and Hinton, WV.

Oh and M.......?

ROCK ON!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Some one dont like that kind of things, werent you on the Sex on Ats thread aswell? What was that about ?

Hehe, I posted a few meanless remarks and forgot about the whole thing..

And what is this I'm a female because of my avatar ??
Silly thing.. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c62b50c2787.gif[/atsimg]

Well I did post on the "sex on ats" thread and after that I got even more messages about my avatar. I did NOT agree with the poster of that thread, I thought it was a bit much.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
OH SNAP!!! Crockett & Tubbs!!! I was Born in 1980 SO I feel You , It's a throwback pic... Only Ladies can get away with rockin' 80's gear now though.... I don't see z cavaricci's or bolo ties making a comeback for us dudes.

Haa Z's!!! I think those were more of the 90's fame. I had them in HS which was in the 90's. I cant believe I wore those but hey they were "in" then

Actually Z's are back but not in the style they were before. I actually saw a pair of jeans a few weeks ago in a mall and had an instant flash back to HS.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Most of the comments I got were in regards to my hands and the sign I was doing. Then after a certain thread popped up on ATS and I posted on it I got personal U2U's that were really rude and unnecessary and completely unrelated to anything I have ever posted on ATS. Some people I swear have NO life what-so-ever!
I would love a certain avatar but I dont have the means to create it. I see it in my mind, so I might have to draw it which will take some time but for now everyone is stuck with my "satanic" mug on here..lol

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Why thank you! I have always liked yours, its original and makes me really want to go to Australia! Did you make it yourself?? If so how? I want an avatar made but I dont have the software to do it anymore
I know exactly what I want and to some it will seem weird but to me its 100% me.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Oh my....

I love the avatar that you have right now M!!

People are ragging it because most of them never saw the 1980s.
I've heard some people say that music from the 80s just sounded cheesy. Compare it to music now and see who the cheesy one is. The music of the decade was mostly divided up into four groups.

1. Hair Bands
2. Metal !..!,
3. Pop Music
4. Country

I bet that most kids now a days do not even know who Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, and Judas Priest are. Most kids now listen to rap music or "rock" music that just down right sucks. Give me some Run DMC or some REO Speedwagon and I'll be a happy camper.

However, there is one particular month in 1985 that I want to relive again. That would be Chesapeake & Ohio 614T(est) on what would be its final run on home rails during the month of Janurary. These tests were made on revenue coal and some merchandise freight runs between Huntington, WV. and Hinton, WV.

Oh and M.......?

ROCK ON!!!!

Haaa hair bands ruled then!! I LOVED Poison!! I am actually going to an 80s relived concert Friday! It's Cheap Trick, POISON!!! and Def Leppard! I cant wait. I was fairly young when Poison first came out so no concerts for me but now I can. It's gonna be great! My friend and I are going to dress old school style.
I agree the music of today basically sucks and lacks originality and depth. I am not a fan of todays music. I still listen to the older stuff. I like very few bands of today and they started in the mid 90s when music was still decent. Too many artists sample other peoples music. What happened to originality?!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I've seen you around on the boards and have never been bothered by your avatar. Me and my girlfriend are into the 80s as well and to us, many people agree, that is the last decade of good music. But my first impressions of your avatar would be cute, funny, or seems like a cool person. I can't even begin to see why people could get offended by it. They are obviously idiots with nothing better to do with their lives than to u2u someone to trash them about their avatar. I bet these people are the types that would to to a KISS, or Ozzy concert with picket signs calling it "devils music!" I think it's cool that a lot of the 80's trends are making there way back, but that's just my opinion of it. Don't even pay attention to these fools, it only makes them feel important. Just keep doing your thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Oh your post is so true, but hope is not all lost. Lot of these kids are finding an appreciation to those bands. I'm not one who likes to wear logos on my cloths, but I do wear my aerosmith shirt all the time and if I had shirts to those others bands, i'd wear them too. But there is still a good many of the kids out there that are starting to call 80's music "old people stuff". I almost fainted when I heard someone refer to motley crue as "classic rock". Anyone who makes fun of music from that decade, I ask them to listen to the radio and pay attention to the music on a lot of movie soundtracks because a great deal of those songs are still around. I also ask them if the current so called rocker, or rapper that they like will stand the test of time, they say of course then they would make a comment how those bands are gone. Once again, I say, just open your eyes, aerosmith, ozzy, rollingstones, journey, heart, all of the are still around and still doing it.

Aerosmith is in town this month, but I found out recently and I don't have any money to go. Hopefully they'll be close by cause I'd love to see them live for once. Journey and Heart are also in town, and me and my girlfriend might be able to make that show cause it's at the state fair and the tickets aren't too bad. This thread has put me in an 80's mood now, time to play some good music now!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

People have a problem with the hand thing? I figured you just had a rough day with the drill press.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

My friend and I are going to dress old school style.

Remember what you were taught Padawan. Though Glam rock, totally a new kettle of fish to fluro era...You may need help. Give us your plan for hair makeup, clothes and shoes.

My hair looks like Posions every morning as I wake up before I brush it....and the male lead singer of said band, had the best ladies legs and butt in leathers, not to mention beautiful frosted pink lip gloss coverage, you should take note...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

You mean Bret Michaels?

MMMMmmmm.. Bret Michaels....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

When are you putting your old avy back up?

You look great.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Not on my worst day...

By the way, Bret Michaels needs to be completely shaved and deloused. Then dunked in antibacterial solution.

Then taken out in the woods to be left for dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Not on my worst day...

Mmm, Shock swore to me that that was you.

Now, since you're here, can you tell me who do I have to flag around here to get our mutter back?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Bret Michaels on a good day:

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The Overlord is working on it. We're close.... oh, so close. At least, a day closer than we were yesterday.

Or that's the story I get anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
At least the 80s HAD a fashion. Being born in 84, I am still partial and wish I could've been around for the 70s.

But what of kids today? I'm twenty five and for the life of me see no trend in fashion. What? Pop-punk kiddos with their skinny jeans and tight tee shirts? Meh, boring.

At least the 80's had some pizzaz, although I must admit, some of the men's fashions had a bit too much of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Oh, that's just brilliant!
Now if they'd have pulled it up quickly and snagged that damn bandana....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

By the way, Bret Michaels needs to be completely shaved and deloused. Then dunked in antibacterial solution.

Then taken out in the woods to be left for dead.

What you dont like his hair and makeup?

He makes such a hot woman....though now he's kinda a Mickey rouke/courtey love hybrid with all that plakky he's had.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adabba156aa1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join