It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough already about my avatar!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I try and forget the 80's ever happened.

But your avatar actually offends people?

Wow, some people need grow up. Shesh oh Pete. That avatar is about as offensive as a kitten.

Ha I know! Those pants literally glowed in the black lights at the bar! I could be seen anywhere I went that night with that outfit! I thought it was kind of funny people thought it was offensive, all they had to do was ask!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
My best friend is an 80s junkie.

lol I can't believe people messaged you about your avatar. I think it's cute and silly. But I also, you know, get the reference.

I love 80s music.

Oh my really good friend and I are known as the 80s chicks at work. We do air guitar to Bon Jovi and everything. Its hilarious!

THe night of this party about 10 of us went to eat at a Japanese restaurant before we went out and people loved our outfits! We had some taking pictures! I honestly love themed parties!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
At least you aren't wearing those silly "friendship beads" and a dozen plastic bracelets on one wrist. THAT would have been a bit too much.

Anyone that, like, rags on your avatar, like, needs to be gagged with a spoon.

Haaa your last line really cracked me up! I personally think they should be choked with a slap bracelet or at least smacked with one. I actually had one of those on. I cant believe those are back too! I always thought they were considered dangerous and that is why they took them off the market..lol
Oh I did have about 8 rubber neon colored bracelets on one wrist!! I even crimped my hair with a "vintage" crimper from the 80s and it took an hour to do my hair. My boyfriends best friend said it looked like I mated with a poodle..lol my hair was OUT there!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
The '90s were mo' bettah, though!

Personally, I have to agree with you there. I was born in the middle of the 80's though, so I don't have ALL of the warm fuzzy feelings. The 80's were essential in the evolution from the 70's to the 90's, imo.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nevermind. I don't want to put a silly not-really-related video in your nice thread here.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Some of the 90's weren't bad but I will say this...the music made today is beyond me...It seems like alot of vending machine music. A cute girl or a hot guy puts their quarter in, get's a song written for them that has no depth, they sing it and look cute and BAM...millionaire.

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

I want to see the video! I dont mind if its not related

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
the eighties were really an inventive era, as were the 50's 60's and 70's.
The 90s whilst I love just as much, was really a very conservative era.
Flamboyant shoulder pads and perms were exchanged for block neutral colours and grunge music in flannelets.

As this thread is kinda 80s lets stick to that and celebrate its magnificance.

Mblah, Im going to say damn it.... you mixed your years up in your costume, but who am I to get picky....

The wide belt wasnt in with the fluro,....fluro tshirt you wore ONLY with a double looped studded belt.....tube skirts, or mermaid kick out permissable. 1983-84. Additionally, I'll mention that a fluro outfit always had a sock/leg warmer and flat shoe...

Best highlighted during the choose life fashion masterpiece appearing in the following artwork

The drop waisted dress skirt combo, swept the globe, and usually required spots and stripes combined, or rouchsing on sleeves or belly.Two tone was always a prerequiste for a drop waiste
media.photobucket.com...

The thick cumberbum belt was only with bubble or teired skirt, and that came about 1985-86. You were never seen in a cumberbun with fluro ~sigh
ny-image1.etsy.com...

frizz crimping was 70s
Friz from high rise perm, curls aloud! well thats eighties
But the tease and back comb technique is quite a skill. Quiff with gel, mouse and laquer tools of requirement for height survival. Feathering a technique that has been lost with the sands of time, it must have been reversed engineered technology by aliens that we no longer know how to do it...and surely humans couldnt come up with that skill...sigh~
www.evolutionofsound.org...

I do like your use of a court shoe, the 80s staple. flagged, however i would finish off with a shoulder pad with the wrap belt would have given you a applause 500 point bonus. 80s was never about simple tight lines, it was all square, pleats, roucshing and bubbles or tier skirts, NO SHAPE till the 90s revolution....

[edit on 25-7-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Zazz I heart you

Yeah when I went shopping for the outfit I was limited to the stores where I lived. It seems the fashion that is in now that is 80s inspired is mixed with a little bit of the 90's. I wanted a studded belt so bad but couldnt find one so I went with the wide one. We have one mall here and its small, so small it makes me cry
My friend and I were going for the 80s punk rock style. We looked online at different 80s pics and that is actually how I found the idea for my outfit with the limited resources I had. I still loved it though! Hot Topic is where I got the jeans from! They were the only store that really had anything 80s like that I was looking for. I had a totally different idea for the shirt but couldnt find one that I liked or that would fit me. I love the 80s and we are actually doing another one in a few weeks. This time I am ordering online for my outfit...Our theme in Sept is going to be where you pics an 80s music icon and dress the part. I have already chosen Madonna and her outfit from "Like a Virgin" that will be HILARIOUS! My girlfriends and I have so much fun with these themes and each time they more and more crazy!! Its the only time any of us really go out so we look forward to it. It is hard though to get everyone to agree on one theme since we all have ideas!

BTW I LOVE WHAM! My friend Kelly and I will sing this at work and dance around like George Michael in the video. Our boss says we arent right..lol Oh I wish I had sound so I could listen to this!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yeah the high hair was definitely something from aliens..lol My friend Kelly had her hair done like that, it was so funny. She used like a can of aqua net to get it to stay! My friend Vanessa had her original crimper from the 80s, I cant believe it still worked. I remember having the same one when I was like 10! I chose neon colors since that was what was out there in the stores, like I said limited supply and our look was a more updated look of the previous 80s. I still had a blast though.
You should have seen the other group out that night that wasnt with us. They were hilarious! We had many laughs everywhere we went. I cant wait for the next one. I am going to order from vintage shops online for my next outfit! Heck it will be cheaper and more authentic of the times and not modernized!

Oh the first picture you posted with the red/black skirt I want that! I would so wear that next time! I have really cute flats that would just go great with it! lol

[edit on 7/25/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
do u know how much your explaining has just made me laugh!

To funny, u looked fab!
ignore me....just showing off.

Next time dropme a line for full 80s vision...
zazz

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Zazz, I'm impressed. I don't speak the language of fashion, so I have absolutely no idea what many of the words you used mean, but it sounds like you really know your stuff!

Carry on!

(Hides my closet...)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by eMachine

I want to see the video! I dont mind if its not related

Okay, you asked for it.

To explain first, you mentioned air guitar and it made me think of this Tripod song. A couple minutes into it, enter the Umbilical Brothers. These are my 5 favorite reasons to move to Australia...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

What was the first music video played on MTV?

Love the avatar

-Kyo

Video killed the Radio Star.

We had MTV for months before it went live, just playing duh da duh, da duh duh duh over and over.

I do like the avatar and I hate these people who complain about perceived devil signs. They're the same putz's that call coast-to-coast saying everything from aliens to bigfoot is either the devil or demons.

I'd like to see you post some of the more outrageous comments.
I only remember the song because it's my wife's mother's favorite.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by wookiee]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You know repressing like that can be dangerous

Ah, the 80's...I miss 'em dearly...what little I remember...

The music is about the only music I listen to while driving, other than a few country artists.

Heart, Pat Benetar, Joan Jett, BonJovi, oh so many others...

...I'm going to go mourn my lost youth now...

You just keep on rockin', girl. You bring back fond memories for most of us old duffers...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Some one dont like that kind of things, werent you on the Sex on Ats thread aswell? What was that about ?

Hehe, I posted a few meanless remarks and forgot about the whole thing..

And what is this I'm a female because of my avatar ??
Silly thing.. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c62b50c2787.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow, the only thing I see in your avatar picture is a beautiful woman out doing her thing, having fun. Nothing wrong with that right?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
OH SNAP!!! Crockett & Tubbs!!! I was Born in 1980 SO I feel You , It's a throwback pic... Only Ladies can get away with rockin' 80's gear now though.... I don't see z cavaricci's or bolo ties making a comeback for us dudes.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
all i gotta say about the whole devil thing is that whats his name from DIO actually did that first and has nothing to do with being satanic...shows what they know!!! lol

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Seriously, are you getting bother over an avatar??

Wow, thats very unusual or at least it used to be.

I dont think theres anything wrong with your avatar, an avatar is an avatar.

Whats more to say on that?

I am taking it that you used a photo of yourself, which some must feel makes it easier to get through to you with their downright, hate?

Cant think of another reason, I have noticed that there is an increase on people mentioning avatars for some reason in threads. Usually its a complete lack of understanding as I found.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join