It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs 1954 - a true account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Two weeks ago my father came visiting.

He´s an admirable guy; he taught all of us - three daughters and a granddaughter - that honesty and high moral values were the best assets one could have in life.

I have never seen my father being dishonest or lying and he has never been prone to fantasies of any kind... So he really surprised me by all of a sudden, by the end of the day, that he had been a testimony to a fleet of UFOs in 1954, along with dozens of other onlookers, including a friend of his.

He even told me that a guy got hit by a car at that moment because both the pedestrian and the driver were looking at the sky and not believing their eyes!

I tried to create accurate captions for you to understand his account - please watch it!

www.youtube.com...

Later that night I began researching about UFOs in 1954 and noticed with amazement that there were LOTS of views that year - I even found a video very similar to my own: an account by a father who tells his son what he saw one day in 1954...

This whole thing got me VERY VERY curious - I would like to propose here a group research about the year of 54 and occurences around the world - maybe we can shed some light over it and find... who knows?

all the best!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My dad tells a story of driving early in the morning from our small town in the Midwest to his job in a larger city, and seeing something moving very fast over the fields and setting all the dogs to barking. I'm not sure of the year, but I know where he was working at the time, and 1954 is very likely the summer that this happened. He and another guy were riding to work together, and they both saw it. I'll see if I can get more details from him. About 20 years earlier he was working in a state park as part of a CCC program, and he and all the guys he was working with saw something very unusual that they thought was a UFO. I know that because of these two experiences he believes in UFO's.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Hi!
Thanks for your post!
Maybe if you could get him to give you a testimonial, we could grow this true accounts thread and discover new information about this year!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with my dad. I asked him to tell me about that incident that I thought would have been in 1954. Because he had a new '49 Chevy, he thinks it was probably 1950 that he saw this thing. He said it roared just over the top of the car and above the highway, and had fire shooting out of the back of it. It was very early in the morning, in eastern Iowa. Whatever it was, the direction of travel was east to west. The guy that was riding to work with him had been sleeping, but when Dad asked him if he had seen that thing, the guy said 'Yeah! What was that?'. I asked if anyone else had reported seeing it, and Dad said that he watched for a news story but there wasn't one. It didn't crash, and he says it wasn't a meteorite. He said the dogs didn't bark; he thinks because of the speed of the object. That's about all I can tell you about that incident.
He recounted another incident from 1939. He was in a state park in northeast Iowa at night, and saw something in the sky that appeared to be searching for something. He said it wasn't an airport search light. It was more like one star aiming a light at another star, as if searching for something.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by novacs4me]

new topics

top topics

join