It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people say that it is okay to be violent in lucid dreams, but not astral projections/ OBEs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am sort of new to this, and I was wondering why people say this. Also, can you visit the akashic records during a lucid dream?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I just wanted to clear something up. I am NOT violent, I have never thought about hurting other people or animals. It is just intellectial curiousity (probably spelled that wrong).

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the reasoning, if I've understood everything that I've read correctly, when you Lucid Dream, it's still a dream. You just happen to be in control of it. Whereas with Astral Projection, you're supposedly spiritually leaving your body and anything bad that you do can have some sort of reprocussion--and it's just not a good thing to do.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A lucid dream is just a what it is"a dream" astral is a realm your not the only being in it...My take is if you think about somthing violent in astral projection then somthing is wrong,i astral projected 4 times all starting with a tunnel of light on my ceiling leading me to other world,and not onetime did i feel anything but love and bliss....i didnt even remember to ask the beings questions about the physical world because im so caught up in the moment....i mean im not sure why a violent urge would come up,i always thought it was a vibrational thing and any urge like that would leave you unable to project....sry kinda went off topic but yea

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My (admittedly limited) experience with lucid dreaming has caused me to question the notion that it's 'just a dream'. I do not believe that I've ever 'astral projected' in the purest sense of the word, but I have the feeling that a lucid dream is just another variation of an 'out-of-body' experience.

I'll try to explain my line of reasoning, and what led me to this theory. I've had many flying dreams that, while thoroughly enjoyable, I dismissed as mere dreams because I'd be flying over an area I was familiar with, but there would be something out-of-place, "Hmm, there's not usually a ferris wheel in the middle of I-10 this time of year" ...Now I believe that I may have been traveling out-of-body, AND dreaming, kind of like when you sleepwalk. You might see an amalgamation of your dream AND your actual surroundings.

The other thing that contributes to my idea is that there seems to be a set of rules or physics that many people agree on existing in the 'lucid dream realm' (for lack of a better term). There are other threads on ATS that discuss this. This thread grabbed my attention because of my experience with this.

Before I learned about any of this, I used to find myself in an occasional lucid dream. Like you, I am a non-violent person, and always have been, but I thought of my 'dream world' and the beings in it as 'mine', and would often try to attack the nearest person, more or less just to see what would happen, like in a video game. This is where the 'dream world physics' I mention earlier come into play. For some reason, I am unable to hit anyone in these instances. It's like they are surrounded by a squishy force-field that reduces the might of my hardest punches into a slight tap. The person I'm trying to hit usually looks at me with confusion, or with a knowing, slight grin.

Other people have told me that they experience the same thing, so I like to speculate about why. It's caused me to wonder about *all* dreams and their significance (or lack thereof), the other 'players' in them, and if there is something more to it than just "the mind's way of processing data while you sleep." The truth is, very little is known about the mind by mainstream science, so dismissing these theories outright is just as ignorant as believing that everything that happens in dreams is 'real'.

It's a worn-out cliche (with dozens of ATS threads dedicated to it) but "what is reality?"

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
...I just wanted to add, that I no longer try to commit acts of violence in my dreams - now I try to fly. What's interesting is that I have varying degrees of success each time.

To quote the recently departed MJ, "I'm a lover, not a fighter."

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

this thread caught my attention because i had my first conscious out of body experience last night. I have had sleep paralysis before, 2 nights in a row, about three years ago, but nothing like last night. I wake up and i realize i cant move, i can only look, at first, then i start to move and i sit up and realize that my body is next to me. So then i FREAK OUT and see this black figure at the foot of my bed against the wall start to form and dematerialize, it literally looked like pixels fading in and out. I asked for protection and knew i was out of body, then a little girl comes in and starts playing and someone tells me it used to be her room and im experiencing her energy imprint. I know it sounds nuts but this stuff is so real. i keep an open mind but never thought it would happen to me!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjl_says
I am sort of new to this, and I was wondering why people say this. Also, can you visit the akashic records during a lucid dream?

I dont think its a good idea to be violent in either. I say this because the lessons learned in lucid dreaming some say are to test/prepare you for the "real thing" ie Astral Projection. I think ALL our dreams have meaning with lessons to learn and everyone knows its a very bad idea to be violent when APing so why would you think it was OK to be violent when lucid? I do know of people that speak of very special circumstanes when one can be violent on the astral planes but I think thats probably highly advanced circumstances which require great astral knowledge.

No I dont think its possible to actually visit the Akashic Records in a lucid dream, you would most definatly have to project there as they are not of this dimension. You could have a lucid dream about them but that does not mean you have actually visited them.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
...I just wanted to add, that I no longer try to commit acts of violence in my dreams - now I try to fly. What's interesting is that I have varying degrees of success each time.

hey so do I! I love it when I manage it, its the best feeling you can get in a lucid dream, to just be able to fly over hills and mountains. The Best!!

new topics

top topics

join