It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Payroll problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I might be looking into this too much but with all the economic chaos going on I have a question for people who are working with large compaines (global sized) right now.

Any of you receiving payroll problems this month?

My partner just got a letter from their employer stating there will be a delay in processing payroll this month and were not too happy to say the least. Im not one for mentioning the company naturally and I am not interested in who anyone else works for either

Im just wondering if this is happening anywhere else particularly this month or in the last few months or if they have heard of it happening??

This is probably just an isolated occasion (hopefully), no harm in checking just in case. I must say it couldnt have came at a better time for my family (sarcasm).

Thanks in advance for some replies.

(I wasnt sure where to post this, apologies if its in the wrong section)

[edit on 23-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would be worried if I were cashing a California State Check!!!

Otherwise, I have heard rumors, but not from any large corps, and this is nothing new in the small business world.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

My paychecks are slower and slower to come. The accountant at my company sounds so stressed out. Business has been horrible. I think it is the bad economy that is leading to your payroll problems.
My company has now gone to direct deposit to save the expense of printing and mailing checks. I have also been told if the paycheck is lost in the mial I must pay a $35 fee to have it reprinted.
I am not suprised at all to hear of others having payroll problems.
It is weird because while I am on direct deposit it takes longer to get paid then by a check. Sometimes I wander if they will just stop paying altogether.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Im just used to being left in the dark as an employee and I tend not to trust what staff are told. I just smell a rat with this company and have an alarm bell going off in my mind.

I am in the UK, they pay staff by BACS mostly over here, it is taxed etc before it hits your bank account and arrives either 4 weekly or on a specific day of the month. I know the states are different.

This is one of the reasons I am suspecting something, if everyone else in the UK was getting problems it would make sense but I have yet to hear anything. It could have been an internal issue but it doesnt appear to be the case.

Anyways Ill need to go fishing this weekend to get a meal as things aint looking too good with this news

Ahhh....the joys of living from pay to pay since my place of work went under last year.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

top topics

join