It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAs anyone else been experiencing an increase in ringing sound in ears?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi everybody. For the past year I have been noticing a rise in the amount of high pitched sound I hear in my ears. Probably Tinitus from loud music, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a recent spike in this sound? I can be in a silent room, hear the high pitch, then it vanishes. It may last from 2 seconds to 20 seconds.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I recently did a thread on this a while back called "Have you heard the Hum"

Have you heard the Hum

But, I have also been getting this recently and I still put it down to Tinnitus unless we get some better explanation...

In the past month I have had this high pitched noise at least 2 - 3 times a week.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes.

I'm honestly surprised to see a thread of someone who's noticed this, and it wasn't just me. Back when I'd get really bad twinges in my temples, the ringing would happen shortly before one and usually once or twice a month.
Now it's been happening more on a weekly basis although the headaches and other pains have been long gone.
It's a bit annoying to be lounging around, reading a book or playing a game to suddenly have that sound there.
Would love to see where this thread goes and if anyone else has noticed any sort of increase, or has an explanation behind it besides Tinnitus.

Cheers,
~Tea

Edit;
Just looked at Booda's thread. Very nice batch of info you've got there. :3

[edit on 23-7-2009 by TheTeaKettle]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

I wish I got it 2, 3 times a week. I been getting it 2, 3 times a day.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I suffer from Tinitus , more as a child I might add, but lately the 'ringing' or high pitched tone has been less frequent as I got older but when it does happen its very loud , almost enough to drown out normal sound from the ear that its currently affecting, normally the left one for some reason, I don't think I ever get it in the right ear, not that I can remember anyway, But I cannot for one put it down to 'contact' from out side sources.

I call out for contact ( quietly with my mind quite often ) but sometimes when I do I actually get a slight , very quick headache, now THAT I'd put down to external psychic contact more than 'ringing' in the ears ,sorry.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I always had a lot of wax build up in my ears, so high pitched noise in my ears is nothing new. I've never considered it anything but a side-effect of wax. When this happens, I can feel it affecting my stereo hearing and I get kind of a Doppler effect.

However, last night I was in my basement throwing laundry in. Very quickly, with no lead in, I had such an incredible buzzing in my right ear, it was like a large bug had flown in there. Even stranger was my reaction. Instead of attempting to swat a bug away, I moved back and little and said "Hello?".

Now that's weird.

It hasn't happened again.

Anyone have that?

edit for spelling.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by WickettheRabbit]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I used to get it on Monday's, regular as clockwork. For years it bothered me. Then I stopped clubbing. Miraculously the ringing disappeared.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have ringing 24/7.. It's worse at times better at others, when I have talked to doctors they say it's tinnitus and hyperacoustia (sensitivity to sounds - some noise that I should be comfortable cut right through me)... The other usual reason for tinnitus is related to hearing loss, I don't have that one! Totality the opposite.

I have put it down to head injuries I have had - nothing serious really but they have added up and more than likely there was a small amount of bruising or a little bleeding somewhere in my head - I live with it just fine and the doctors are not concerned by it.

But in the back of my head I have a nagging feeling that it is also related to living in an environment of 'EM smog' We are pretty much the first generation in history to live the way we do, constantly bathed in every sort of radio or microwave (artificial) right since you were in your mothers womb - I guess we are a bit of an experiment.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've had the annoying tones before or similar to some sounds you miight hear underwater or before you pass out. I had to have a fan going or music, so it wasn't so annoying. A few years ago, I would sometimes be on the phone and the sound would effect the cordless phone as well.

Lately and not surprisingly, I've been hearing the tones again. Usually the right ear, but now also in the left ear. Interesting that it reminds me of those hearing tests and is typically the same frequency. I've noticed the time is usually at around 1:30. Sometimes a.m. and at least one now at 1:30 pm. The duration seems to be around 15 to 20 seconds.

It may have something to so with allergies, because I also will have slight vertigo and asthma in the summer months.

Atmospheric pressure also seems to be related.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ye me too, it varies in lenght and strength.
Some times it gets realy wierd as it feels like my head is inside a bell or something, sounds a tv signal..

It does feel like I cna adjust the sound in a way..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hi, I leave in North Yorkshire UK. and Have been getting a high and low pitch hum in fact it has happened as recently as monday 1:30pm -3pm and Thursday It started at 7:30 till 3am . It makes me feel very very very ill infact yesterdays was so bad that i ended up throwing up, with the world spining round and like gravity would not let me stand up but if i stayed on the ground floor of my home and layed on the floor i felt a little better. then again at 5:30 till 6am this morning I know there is nothing wrong with me for three reasons. A. I have nothing wrong with my ears at all. B. I'm fine before it starts, I get very ill while its happening and am fine again once it stops C. Its almost like its pulsating with a message in it. I dont know why but thats what it feels like.
Any clues???
Tenitus has been ruled out as i'm in the 1% of people that can hear High Pitch Sounds like silent alarms and dog clickers/wistles and low pitched sounds

[edit on 21-8-2009 by gnomer]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I just thought my ringing was caused by too many explosions and weapons fire... My hearing test comes out normal range from the previous documented ones and I can't figure out why I hear that ringing randomly sometimes.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

My son complained of it yesterday. He is young.
I heard it last night; late.

But I've also noticed an unusual thinning of the veil. It isn't time for it.
I have to edit, because from my own experience, I've noticed at times that the veil is thinner, IE Oct. 31, I hear that sound MORE. Just over time, I've noticed that - I hear it when meditating too. I associate it with a change in consciousness. Just personally.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Ringing in the ears can be caused by many things you have been exposed to repeatedly over time. Like loud music blaring directly into your ears from headphones.

We are also in a time of spiritual transition on this planet. The following information comes from page 43 of the book "The Great Shift" by Martine Vallee:

Spiritual symptoms are often in the head. Yes. Also ringing in the ears is part of all of it, since you indeedmention ears. Skeletal structure issues are also prevalent, with the feeling that there are problems with bones. This is all about energy, however, (even thought you are convinced it's about getting older). It will be with you past 2012. So Engage energies that will help you with theis growth process. There are many, both esoteric and chemical, that will help. Watch for new chemistry from the jungles.

Maybe this will help some of you.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My hearing is ruined beyond repair. I have, since the age of 10, had a continual high-pitched ringing in my ears. Later damage resulted in more hearing loss, and so on and so on. Various things can change the pitch I perceive -- blood pressure, increase in heart rate, barometric pressure (however that one has to be really sudden change).

For those of you that are troubled by this -- and it sounds like quite a few on this thread alone -- I discovered some time ago one way to use "the tone" for my benefit.

When I meditate, I concentrate on the sound of the ringing. I try to notthink, and I try to use measured breathing. Eyes closed, various little mental pictures form, usually geometric figures, some of them quite elaborate. I keep my focus on the ringing, and the pitch changes, sometimes two whole steps or more. It will seem louder at that point, and I just hold that sound, and watch the movie in my head, all the while using the regulated breathing.

Since I've discovered this, it's made me actually glad to have ruined hearing, as I am able to reach a much deeper form of meditation with it.

give it a try!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nivcharah

Well...there's no loud noises around here. It is usually very quiet here - we rarely even turn the tv on. My son can't stand music with lyrics or much music at all, so he's not an MP3 case.
FTR, he just complained of hearing it again a few minutes ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow, strange ,I just thought it was me..the ringing has gotten so loud in my ears, it actually woke me up this morning. Like a high pitched buzz...annoying as hell too! Its more frequent lately, sometimes every day.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have a ringing that begins in my right ear mostly and fades out through the left ear

2nd line - Which ear does it begin in? Or is it both ears? and WHY?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
yea its getting kinda annoying lately,more then usual,maybe something to do with am...sound ...vibration...experiments?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes, I have too, and I've noticed, especially, right after chemtrails. I am a very logical person, so I try to figure out something else, body, things I eat, or just plain ol tinnitus, or since I use to go to concerts back in the 70's and all the loud work I have been exposed to. But no, that isn't what it is. I live in the NW, and, they discovered that hum right off the north west coast area. My ears some days just have a slight ring, that is normal. But right after chemtrails, they get worse. And we just got sprayed really bad yesterday, and my ears are ringing pretty loud today.

So just start checking for that and see if that rings true (ha), (pun intended), also for everyone else. I don't know about anyone else also, but one morning I got up, sat on the side of my bed and heard 2 very clear tones, not rings, but tones. 2 different pitches and it was in my left ear! Almost sounded like the tones they use for hearing tests, that was weird. Has anyone else had that? Hasn't happened since. That was earlier this spring.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join