It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying lights, has anyone else seen these?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by weedev

Thanks for the link. I will go out tonight and look for it. If it seems to be what i saw last night then I will put it to rest in my mind. Plus, it will be pretty cool to see the ISS. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I saw something similar last night while I was taking my dog out. I was watching this light travel strait north(assuming it was a satellite). As I was watching it another object flew past going west to east much faster than the first object I was watching and, it seemed to swerve around the other one...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Thanks for your input, I knew I couldn't be the only one. How high would you say it/they were? Were they as high as you might expect a satellite to be? Or as high as you might expect a helicopter to be?

My main question and reason for this thread is to see find out if there are aircraft that are allowed to travel with no blinking lights. I was under the assumption that ALL aircraft had to have some sort of blinking lights to identify them.

I saw an aircraft, or what you would expect to be an aircraft, flying at the altitude you would expect to see an aircraft fly but there were no blinking lights. Hell, there weren't any lights at all, it WAS a light.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

...find out if there are aircraft that are allowed to travel with no blinking lights.

I can help you there.

The only mandatory 'blinking' light is the red beacon. On most passenger jets, there are two: One on top, one on belly.

The white flashing lights are called "strobes" because, well...they're strobes! They are not required, but are usually on in flight to increase visibility to other aircraft. In clouds we sometimes turn them off, for comfort, since they reflect back.

You're not likely to see the ISS (if that's what it was on the 22nd) again at the same time, as its orbit isn't regular like that. Remember, the Earth is turning below, as the ISS orbits above...plus, it depends on the orbital inclination. That ISS Tracker thingy should show you what I mean.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The OP is describing a satellite. Unless he/she is gifted with skills few others possess, there is no reliable method--other than the obvious choices; radar, laser, or some other type of telemetry--to determine a silent point of light is at "a couple thousand feet" at night.....

[edit on 23-7-2009 by cranberrydork]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
reply to post by weedev

I suppose I will need to research this. It should be easy enough to do.
Near St. Louis Mo, approx 11:00 pm July 22nd. Shouldn't there be a way to trck where it was at that time? That would certainly put an end to the ISS theory.

BTW, thanks for your input and help. It is appreciated.

The ISS did not make a pass over St. Louis at 11:00 but it did at about 10:00. It will make two passes over you tonight; one at about 8:45, then again at 10:20. The 10:20 pass will be about as bright as the 10:00 pass last night.
ISS

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

They were about the same height as any other satellite that I have seen(seemed to be anyway)...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

In daylight I saw a high flying Foo or light ball at the front of a trail
making dark haze where a plane should be.
The Foo was at the left rear side of the dark haze as if the was room on
the right for another Foo that didn't show up.
The haze in front I take as a triangle craft and the light from
electrostatic lightning gathered around a landing cover and leaking off charges.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I see quite the same lights that you described, usualy 3-4 of them every night since the 6th July over my Agios Nikolaos, Crete. Most of them low flying (max. 500 m. is my guess). If you like, check my thread

Ko3

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
reply to post by weedev

Thanks for the link. I will go out tonight and look for it. If it seems to be what i saw last night then I will put it to rest in my mind. Plus, it will be pretty cool to see the ISS. Thanks again.

Any luck?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
No, a few too many clouds in my neck of the woods last night, and tonight I am leaving for Vacation for a week so I will unfortunately not be able to research this untill next week.

I love all of the comments that suggest that the altitude of something right above your head can not possibly be known to us laymen.

Following this logic, if there were someone who tied a glowstick to a baloon and released it, then I would not be able to correctly identify it as such because I have no qualifications. It is a satellite plain and simple because I am not qualified enough to deduce that it was only a hundred feet in the air. I need skills and degrees in order to come to that conclusion.lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yes.
If it was moving at a constant speed across the sky it would be visually indistinguishable from a satellite. No matter who was viewing it. Human visual systems work that way. Without other cues we cannot tell how far away an object is.

[edit on 7/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
With Respect, to Jesus H. Christ.

What you have observed, is a UFO. Or UFO's. This is the most simple term, which means Unidentified Flying Object.

I am not trying to sound like a jerk when I write this, but text conveys emotion poorly for me, but I assure you I am genuine when I write this.

I am just trying to point out, that if you cannot identify the object, it's Unidentified. If you saw it in the sky, it's Flying, and if it exists, it's most likely an Object.

SO, what you are left with, is finding out if the object you saw was a passing satellite, the International Space Station, a chinese lantern, space debris, a little green pilot in a flying saucer, a silver superhero riding a silver surfboard, the moon acting out during it's "mischevious phase," a meteor, ball lightning, the return of the Hale Bopp comet, a sun flare, swamp gas, a Russian missile test, the Tunguska incident, a giant soap bubble, the eye of God, Spacegodzilla or a number of other strange space things.

That is what will pull you in to this little "hobby" we call UFOlogy.

What you will find is, it can often be attributed to a hoax. When it isn't, it can often be attributed to a missile test or a meteor. When it's not, it can be space debris. It can be a satellite. I can be the International Space station. It's unlikely to be Spacegodzilla.

But sometimes, rarely, but, sometimes... it's something totally unexplained.

A good incident for you to check out is the Phoenix Lights incident. The entire city saw it, it happened. It's real.

Another is the Battle of Los Angeles. People died from the shelling, while the object was entirely unharmed, and disappeared over the pacific ocean.

These objects are unexplained to this day, and are likely not of this world.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Great post BaronVonGodzilla!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I saw same thing in evening from my bedroom window purposley trying to look for UFO's and succeded when i saw a bright yellow ball come from the blue sky and move in a zig zag way and quickly went.

When it vanished there was no object after or before it.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by jonnyc55]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join