It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend Over America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

if SHTF who's going to come bug you for a payment?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
I have a feeling you complainers are not telling the whole truth about your situations and/or are simply not playing the game right.

I keep getting 0% offers. I stay gettin' 'em. Various banks constantly offer to give me cash advances or to float my debt for only a 3% transfer fee, for a year, with 0% interest added to the principal.

Of course it is a 3% loan... get it?

Still lower than anything else I can get. I need to become a bank!

And you wonder why. I know you do. You ask how can they loan money at 3%. The answer is that they get it straight from the Fed for less than that. Plus they carry your loan as an asset and use it to loan out even more money.

Here's the problem. You can apply for those credit cards and loans but since nobody is loaning, you won't get them and in addition, each time you apply, your credit gets a negative tick against it.

Sounds good on paper but doesn't work at this point in time.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here's a fun one for you.
I used to have a business account at TCF as they had great hours and I didn't need to cut into my work day to deposit checks.

In any case, I do all of my banking on line and used my TCF online account to check and see when withdrawls and deposits had cleared. Based on when the online banking said checks had cleared, I would use the money to purchase material for jobs.
Well one day, I received (4) $35.00 overdraft fees so I checked my online account which stated that my deposits had "POSTED" prior to the issuance of the over drafts. In other words I should never had received an over draft fee.
So I went into TCF (Totally Corrupt Federation) with a copy of my online account statement PROVING that I had cleared money in the account PRIOR to the issuance of the overdraft fee's.

I explained to a teller that they had made a mistake and I wanted the overdrafts removed. The teller actually told me that just because my online statement said the deposit had cleared, didn't mean it actually cleared ????? WHAT? So then I asked how I'd know when withdrawls had cleared since they also say, "posted". The tellers response was that when a withdrawl says "POSTED" it means it has been removed from the account. I then asked why they can't do the same thing with the deposits and was told that was not their policy.
So they actually had the nerve to tell me that they have 2 different definitions for the word "POSTED".
I then asked how I could find out when my deposits were cleared. I was told that local checks would TYPICALLY clear in 3 days and out of state checks would TYPICALLY clear in 5 days.
I then asked how I can find out FOR SURE when they were cleared. I was told the only way I could find out is if I came into the bank and asked in person. WHAT? ??? ? ???
I asked to speak with the bank manager and asked if this stupid policy was actually real and it was confirmed. Then the manager asked how I planned on paying for the over drafts. I explained that I could give them $1.40 cents and said that I have 2 different definitions of decimals just like they have 2 different definitions of the word "POSTED". In short, I explained that their policy was deceptive and I questioned it's legality as it was specifically designed to create over drafts. I then told them to close out my account and give me all my money and I will not under any circumstances pay their extortion fee's.
I got pretty loud and even threatened to call a local tv station if I didn't receive all of my money in 5 minutes. They dropped the fake over drafts, closed out my account and gave me every cent in about 5 minutes

I will never bank at TCF again.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've never in my life had credit. The only card I have is a debit card. If I don't have the money to buy something, I do without. It's not the end of the world. At times like this, it's downright comforting to know I have absolutely no debts.

I feel for the millions of people who were maxxed out on credit, with a mortgage and credit cards up to their limits, spending their whole incomes just to pay off the interest. One tiny bump, and their finances collapse.

I worked for a bankruptcy lawyer a few years back, and it was such a common story. A couple bought a house and stuff to furnish it with, then someone had a problem. Either they had an unforeseen expense like needing a new roof or furnace, or someone lost a job, or something like that. They missed a payment on something - didn't matter what - and all their interest rates went up. In less than a year, they'd have to declare bankruptcy and would lose the house and a whole bunch of other things. These weren't "deadbeats", they were victims of our brutal credit laws.

We used to have laws against usury, charging too much interest. But big businesses didn't like that, so those laws were repealed. Now we've got an economic crisis that hasn't been seen in 70 year, and that may well exceed the severity of the Great Depression.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Great to see so many in here are catching on...

A spark that will become a fire?

* STOP USING PLASTIC (INCLUDING ATM, CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS)
* CLOSE OUT ALL YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS (FIND A WAY)
* START YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES
* GROWN EVERYTHING
* GENERATE ELECTRICITY YOURSELF
* STOP WORKING FOR GOVERNMENT, FINANCE OR POLITICS

Step by Step by Step

Create communities & help your fellow Terrans wherever you can.

Show THEM we can go without Banks & Politics

Goodbye NWO...Bu-byeeeeeeeeee.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Awesome Roy
Never banked there or would do it. Good luck, hope the "Money Changers" don't come after you

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join