It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My secret food stock:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Im stocked up on these 280 gram indian vegetarian meals, 280 grams each thats over a half pound of food for 99 CENTS !!!!!!!!

1.2 year expiration date. Some are extremely spicy though, forming sweat beads and causing a red face!!!!.. I have a few months worth.

Also 2 of my friends seen these and also went wild buying a few months worth

SWAD: Ready To Eat

Link

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Im stocked up on these 280 gram indian vegetarian meals, 280 grams each thats over a half pound of food for 99 CENTS !!!!!!!!

1.2 year expiration date. Some are extremely spicy though, forming sweat beads and causing a red face!!!!.. I have a few months worth.

Link

And what do you do after 1.2 years??
What if the SHTF in 5 years, 10 years, etc? Then what?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well, your secret stash isn't so secret anymore now is it?
The CIA who runs this website knows exactly who you are and where to find you. Hording is illegal!!! Be more cautious in the future. You are not as safe here as you think you are.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

How many calories per day do you need to survive?

This depends on your mass and necessary activity level, since each unit of mass ( kilograms, or whatever you wish) requires calories to both remain living and to function at a given level (for example, muscle tissue or your brain).

Setting aside the important point of what the calories consist of (vitamins, minerals, etc.), an average American female (5'4", 164 lbs) needs just under 1500 calories per day for a very sedentary existence (i.e., just surviving WHILE maintaining the SAME MASS).

The typical American male (5'9 1/2", 191 lbs) would need 2430 calories daily to survive or "Maintain".

To just stay alive, it really becomes a matter of how many calories below these numbers each day and how long the reduced calories are endured.

For example, reducing the calorie intake by 500 per day would reduce the body mass by about 2 kilos per month, or 1 lbs per week (all things remaining equal).

Once body fat reduces drastically, the remaining portions of the body would be consumed by the most vital organs/systems until enough damage occurred to cause cardiac arrest directly (likely), or contraction of a common illness which would in the body's weakened condition lead to other complications and death (more likely).

wiki.answers.com...

probably need to eat several of those 250gm packets a day

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

1.2 year expiration date. Some are extremely spicy though, forming sweat beads and causing a red face!!!!.. I have a few months worth

I trust you'll also be stocking a corresponding amount of bathroom tissue!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Always buy canned goods to store. If you seal the entire can in parrafin wax (very inexpensive) they store indefinitely.

Plus, read the packets you bought. I hope you have plenty of water on hand!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Indian vegetarian meals...how random
I l also think you should buy food that will last a bit longer than just over a year.More economical and always there when you need it for some years to come.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I got a box of 10 meals for $15 at costco a while back. I gave them away, I figured they would be good for work but they turned out to be so hot and spicy no one in the family could eat them and they hurt both ends.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

Well, your secret stash isn't so secret anymore now is it? The CIA who runs this website knows exactly who you are and where to find you. Hording is illegal!!! Be more cautious in the future. You are not as safe here as you think you are.

Hahaha, like I give a sh**!!!! I've looked up so much inside stuff on the CIA I'm 99% sure I'm on a watch list and I dont care not one bit.

I have many stash spots and I walk with spiritual enlightenment. They ca lock me up, torture me, murder me, or anything else and it won't matter. I'm unmovable from within.

Btw, feel free to forward this to them if you like.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It ain't a secret anymore!

Muahaha!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My husband and I shop at a local Patel Brothers, and we found some great bargains there also...ready to eat meals that don't even need to be warmed up if you didn't have electricity or couldn't build a fire. They're pretty nutritious too...at least the ones we bought. We got peas and potatoes, lentils, and eggplant. In case of emergency, they would make great meals, especially in the winter when the hot spices will make you all warm inside.

We love Indian food and will buy more when they expire, eating the old ones for when we want quick dinners.

You found a great bargain, and stocking up on them is a great idea.
Have you also stocked up on rice, lentils, and other canned goods to build up your food stash?

[edit on 24-7-2009 by cornblossom]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Link

And what do you do after 1.2 years??
What if the SHTF in 5 years, 10 years, etc? Then what?

Exactly what I was thinking.

All my stuff has about 5 years expiration date...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

.... Some are extremely spicy though, forming sweat beads and causing a red face!!!!.

Who needs Niburu to create planetary perturbations? Sounds like you've got your own "ring of fire" ready to ignite. It should guarantee you safe passage however - hell, you'll have whole towns bugging out of your way.

However, have you given any consideration to storing food that doesn't give off a characteristic "smell" on your perspiration? Anti-perspirants and bathing water may well be at a premium, and I believe that a more neutral personal scent may be in order if moving quietly and trying not to be noticed. If you're in the woods, the smell of curry, spices and garlic will have you pinpointed in a very short time to others in the vicinity whose noses are attuned to their environment.

I believe that this sort of attention to diet and personal odour was quite a major part of the preparation of Special Forces personnel in Vietnam, prior to their departing on patrol.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by tangotemper]

top topics

join